Do you have a date with Destiny planned (Triton #3 name revealed)

I'm actually toying with waiting to see when this launches. We'd like to do a 7 night cruise, but I can't cost justify the peak summer cruises and while I don't mind pulling the kids from school, I'm also not keen on peak hurricane season. I might just sit on my placeholder.

Just my thought, but I have this feeling that they might finally move the wish to different sailings and put the destiny on the 3/4 rotation from PC when it starts to sail…

If I understand correctly, the Triton class needs to fuel out of PC for right now?

I would like a longer sailing on the Wish, I felt like 4 nights wasn't long enough. I absolutely loved the ship, but it was only my second cruise in 10 years, and I didn't remember enough of the Dream to really care about the differences too much.

We have less flexibility. Our kids were homeschooled so it was easy. Now there in college. One is 21 and doing his own thing. The other is 19 and still loves cruising, but he's in college too. He's going to do online classes to go to Japan, but cruising during offseason would be boring because there would be no kids his age.

One advantage over a college age kid in school is they have long breaks. My son gets out May 8 and doesn't go back until August 20. Last year it allowed us do the Med in May on Odyssey and the August northern European on DCL which was discounted and the first Alaska this year on DCL. They also have a long winter break that's 5 weeks. I get heart palpitations looking at the June\ July Summer prices.
Now I get why people only cruise every couple of years.
We are halfway in the same boat. DD goes to a web academy and DS is now 20, so the college thing. We were able to work around things last year and get in the long Mediterranean cruise last summer and the WBPC with him. We lucked out with great kids in 1820 society on both cruises, even though PC was in early October. We just got back from our first vacation without him and our Alaska Cruise is planned without him. Disney knows how to get you during times people can vacation.

When looking for info on the themes, it reminded me that the themes were just the decor. One was Art Nouveau and the other Art Deco. I think this applied to the Fantasy and Dream, too.

That is right! I had forgotten that from way back. Good memory. :thumbsup2

We switched an our 4 night in 2025 from the Wish to the Fantasy bc it was cheaper and we get an extra night. But I actually really liked the Wish and hope to sail on her again soon but we are probably going to Alaska in 2026 so it will be a few years.

We will look at it for 2026 or 27 depending on many other factors!

Might try to get to Singapore first!
You can be our “man on the street - er, Sea” and give us a report. It would be nice if they offer more than 4-night cruises. My favorite cruise YT vloggers love Singapore-based or to-Japan cruises.

I can’t get myself to go past Hawai’i, due to long flights. When younger, it wasn’t so daunting.

I am certain we will do the Destiny, it's just a matter of when -- and whether our kids want to sail on it. Both boys will be in college then, so cost will be a definite factor for the next five or so years.

When looking for info on the themes, it reminded me that the themes were just the decor. One was Art Nouveau and the other Art Deco. I think this applied to the Fantasy and Dream, too.
YES! And I love that!! I don't get why there has to be specific IP themeing for ships.

I’m actually hoping for Singapore too - just waiting for dates to announce and then I’ll tell my friend who lives there when we are going. 🤣
We will look at it for 2026 or 27 depending on many other factors!

Might try to get to Singapore first!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter