Do you ever go to a tanning place ?

I used to. I would say 1. there is no such thing a too much lotion 2. make sure you ask if they're newer and/or turbo beds if so do a shorter session 3 I would do Day1:10mins Day2:no tan Day3:10min Day 4 no tan, Day 5: 15mins slowly like that never going over 25mins for lay down. If its stand up just do 5-7 mins per session, lave a day at least between sessions. Tingle lotions are not good for new tanners.

Lol, but you're SO judgey of smokers.

ETA: for my part, I got a sunburn at age 13 due to not putting on sunscreen under my bum and got a terrible sunburn the day before we left. I had to ride from Hilton Head to Nashville on a burned butt on leather seats wearing shorts. It was awful. After that I became the sunscreen Nazi in all parties and continue to be. I'm about sunscreen, hats, good sunglasses, etc.

I would never do a tanning bed. I used them on occasion when I was young (maybe 4 times total in my life) but now I know better.

Just wondering what everyone’s opinions are about spray tans? I’m leaving for Florida in two weeks and I’m considering it. I’ve never done it before.

The doctors were all very shocked at how it came about and its pretty much unheard of in a person THAT young.

I had an irregularly shaped mole on my back removed at age 6 that had grown HUGE out of nowhere and the two doctors we consulted with said it needed to go a.s.a.p. because it looked very suspicious for skin cancer. I had had a couple really bad sunburns leading up to that point. They also found one on the inside of my second toe that they took off as well.

I would never do a tanning bed. I used them on occasion when I was young (maybe 4 times total in my life) but now I know better.

Just wondering what everyone’s opinions are about spray tans? I’m leaving for Florida in two weeks and I’m considering it. I’ve never done it before.

I had one, once. The dude who did it (sprayed me from head-to-toe) was really nice and made me feel extremely comfortable (mine was 100% body coverage, so it could have gotten awkward) while I was at the salon, but the tan itself didn't last quite as long as I had hoped it would. Not really worth the money.

Last edited:
No. I don't want skin cancer or wrinkles. I'm pretty diligent about sunscreen, too. I'm concerned enough about the damage that was done when I was younger. I have learned to embrace my paleness.

My husband has had to have multiple bits of skin chopped off due to skin cancer. Even if I was person who enjoyed being tan, which I don't, I would stop after seeing this.

I did it as a "treat" for myself several years ago when I was going to gym regularly. It started making me look more my age, so I stopped. Also, one of the older ladies at work who has leathery skin from tanning told me it made me look "nice". It was nice to get a compliment, but also made me think at what cost? I didn't want to have leathery skin like that in 25 years.

Spray tans look best the day you get them, because tbe bronzer they put in them is amazing and makes you feel like a beach beauty. It washes off as soon as you get in wate rans the remaining tan is much lighter, but still nice.

I swear by Banana Boat deep dark tan. It takes 2-3days of applying to get to my favorite level of tan, and then I reapply every 2-3 days. It has moisturizer in it so it doesn't dry my skin out. Everyone asks me if I've beeb spending my days at the pool and are always surprised when I tell them it's a fake tan!

For a great looking, same day tan I like Loreal Sublime Bronze. It dries my skin out though, so it's reserved for beach or going out days.

Spray tans look best the day you get them, because tbe bronzer they put in them is amazing and makes you feel like a beach beauty. It washes off as soon as you get in wate rans the remaining tan is much lighter, but still nice.

I swear by Banana Boat deep dark tan. It takes 2-3days of applying to get to my favorite level of tan, and then I reapply every 2-3 days. It has moisturizer in it so it doesn't dry my skin out. Everyone asks me if I've beeb spending my days at the pool and are always surprised when I tell them it's a fake tan!

For a great looking, same day tan I like Loreal Sublime Bronze. It dries my skin out though, so it's reserved for beach or going out days.

Thank you! Amazon, here I come!

Do you use it on your face too?

I used to. Now I don't. Not because of the risk of skin cancer like a lot of you. I just am just lazy. I don't want to waste a half hour doing the ordeal from start to finish, then feel all slimy and have to go back home and take a shower.

I used to. A lot. Back when I was younger and Jersey Shore was all the rage, I tanned a couple times a week and I am not gonna lie, I loved it. I loved how being tan made my eyes look and I loved how relaxing being in a tanning bed was. I always called it my “heated coffin” lol

I haven’t tanned in years because I got too paranoid of getting wrinkles and cancer. I always wanted to try spray tanning so maybe I will give that a shot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter