Do they take the downpayment before signing contract?

imgoingtodisney

Goal! going on this cruise 37lbs less and I will e
4 days ago I gave DVC a huge (to me) downpayment for 170 pts. I havent received any paperwork though. They said it will take about 10 days. Meanwhile did they put my downpayment through on my credit card? Or do they wait till they get the paperwork back?

When I bought 2 years ago,they put the deposit through right away. I think they want that deposit in hand before going to the expense of drawing up the papers.

They do require the down payment before sending the paperwork when buying by phone and they will charge to credit card. Note though that once you receive all the paperwork you will then have 15 days to back out of the deal and if you do they return the deposit.

I put half of the purchase price on the credit card to get air miles.
They sent the contract paperwork within 10 days. I put the second half on the credit card about 30 days later. They gave me a deadline for the second payment.They returned copies of everything to me (I made my own copies before returning the paerwork). I got my deed 3 months from the first deposit. I had a 15 day grace period as well, but I think a few days got eaten up by the time it took the mail to get to me. Everything was FED X.
I started on Oct 9th. Everything was wrapped up and in hand by Jan 9th. Tehy send you membership cards, tote bags etc. You should get your member number way before the plastic cards come. All you need is the number to make reservations you don't need the actual card. My credit card was charged almost immediately -before I received any papers.

I purchased last week and they first ran my down payment through prior to us receiving the membership kit. Although that took only about 20 minutes. It is much quicker purchasing onsite.

We joined at the beginning of October after touring DVC while at AKL in September. I gave Byron the okay to debit my account 500.00 to start the process and had my paperwork in 2 days via FedEx.......Funny, I work for UPS and it hurts to see my money going to the competiton but we discussed it and Disney may make arrangements for UPSers in the future.

Anyway, I received my paperwork, returned it via FedEx, they lost it for 2 days but Disney was paying for it and received it intact and now I own my little piece of VWL and planning on adding on soon.

Lyndon1

Yes, they do charge your credit card pretty soon after that initial phone call. On my first purchase, it was charged the same day. On my add-on, they charged my card 2 days later. I usually received my paperwork within 1 week of the phone call.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter