Do people really do this?

So my issue always is we typically only plan our trip 3-4 months out (crazy I know) and every time there is NEVER any good ADRs left. So I literally stalk the app and website night and day hoping to scoop up ADR's that people drop. It gets frustrating. I think that is so incredibly selfish for people to book with that mindset. At the very least, release them earlier than the day before. You should know way before then if you are going to that park or not. We did luck out last year at 11pm in the night before a 8:30am (Pre-park opening) BOG opened up and I was able to jump on it. So until they fix this system, I'm just going to keep stalking the reservation page.

So my issue always is we typically only plan our trip 3-4 months out (crazy I know) and every time there is NEVER any good ADRs left. So I literally stalk the app and website night and day hoping to scoop up ADR's that people drop. It gets frustrating. I think that is so incredibly selfish for people to book with that mindset. At the very least, release them earlier than the day before. You should know way before then if you are going to that park or not. We did luck out last year at 11pm in the night before a 8:30am (Pre-park opening) BOG opened up and I was able to jump on it. So until they fix this system, I'm just going to keep stalking the reservation page.
Or just relax and plan the night before where you will eat depending on what's available
Hakuna Matata! I refuse to plan a few years in advance. That's insanity and hyperbole lol. Still, everything good is gone fast.

I try my best to keep me and mine away from overly processed food stuff which is one of the reasons I avoid much of the QS offerings and certain TS restaurants.

My first trip to WDW was planned 2 weeks before we left and we were able to score ADRs to most of the places we wanted with the exception of 'Ohana's and California Grill.

I noticed that people actually book dining at many places for the same time and I have even heard of people booking 10+ TS restaurants a day and cancelling the ones they don't want the day before. I know I will get some backlash but that really sucks! Greedy people take away a possible hard to get ADR for those that only want one. Personally I cannot do that. I book what I can find for the day I am at my park of choice. I guess my morals won't let me take away a chance of magic for some family frantically searching for that special meal.
Agreed

Not sure how people are doing this. Once I accidentally tried to book two dinners on the same day and it wouldn't let me. It was a mistake obviously and I corrected the date but it was interesting because it caught that I already had a dinner reservation on that day.

Yes, people really do this. I think it is nuts. I would like to get the perfect reservations set up for every trip. But it is frequently difficult. So sometimes I need to settle for a different restaurant or a less than ideal time. Life goes on and my trip is never ruined-even when I do not get something I want. :-). I wish Disney would just allow 1 ADR per party, per meal type (lunch, breakfast, dinner) and be done with it. But then people would just make the ADR using a different party member’s name and credit card. At least it would be more difficult for people to tie up multiple reservations.
How can they do that with the same reservation?

Not sure how people are doing this. Once I accidentally tried to book two dinners on the same day and it wouldn't let me. It was a mistake obviously and I corrected the date but it was interesting because it caught that I already had a dinner reservation on that day.
You can make a reservation one hour and 5 minutes apart. That's how people have more than one reservation for a meal at a time.

I downloaded one of the cancellation apps and I have gotten numerous texts about openings for reservations at chef mickeys, ohana and BOG! As lug as you log in quick enough you can snag it!
Our trip is about a month away

What cancellation apps do you use?

i was able to get an ohana dinner using the touring plans app. i got the alert and then booked the dinner. we just got back and we enjoyed that meal : )
I just downloaded the app, but don't see the reservation finder on there. I have a free alert set on the website, but doing it on an app would be nice too. Do I have to have a paid subscription for it?

I just downloaded the app, but don't see the reservation finder on there. I have a free alert set on the website, but doing it on an app would be nice too. Do I have to have a paid subscription for it?
sorry, i am not particularly good at this stuff. i know i joined touring plans a while back but i think i signed up for the alert on the actual site and then i got texts on my phone. hopefully someone else will chime in for the finer details : )

First time planning a trip but second actual trip. I’ve got a few ADR I hope to eventually drop because that means I was able to snag what I really want. But I booked my current ADR because hey, we gotta eat, and these are non-park days. And also I really want to do a couple specific restaurants on particular days but if they don’t pop up then I’m willing to move to another day.

I gotta say, thus far the planning is enough to make me say I’m never going back if I’m doing the planning...

No idea where the reservation finder is on the app (haven't downloaded it yet) but here's the locale on the website:

https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/reservation-finder

I've a paid subscription but you can get it for free. Also I find i get faster notification on my cell rather than via email. I set my cell's text notification to audio (I like the telegraph sound, LOL) and ensure I keep a tab open for MDE set to the dining page.
HTH

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter