Do people actually enjoy these attractions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tiki Room-an absolute MUST!!! We went three times during our recent two days in DL

Ellen's Energy, Living With the Land, WS films, Journey with Figment-almost always

Hall of Presidents, Circle of Life, Captain EO, Carousel of Progress-every two or three visit perhaps

Country Bears-my parents and I walked out partway through during my first visit in 1975. Haven't been near the place since. I never subjected my kids to it.

We have tried to do everything. Our children's ages are 8 - 17, but we've been going consistently since our oldest was 7.

Tiki room - no one likes it
Country Bears - no one likes it but we love to tease my husband for making us sit thru it
Hall of Presidents - We would not see it every trip ~ only when they add a new president
Carousel of Progress - so-so for everyone
Captain EO - terrible - we aren't Michael Jackson fans
Journey with Figment - kids think it's cute, everyone else tolerates it. Definitely wouldn't ride if the wait was over 20/30 minutes
Ellen's Energy - my kids have never seen it. If you have a lot of time it's worth seeing once
Living with the Land - we all like some aspects of it
Circle of Life - one and done for everyone
movies in the World showcase - good to see once but don't feel bad if you can't fit them all in

Even the ones that I list as no one likes it, we have still done several times (except Captain EO) just cause we are at Disney. All of them are nice places to sit (mostly) and get out of the heat.

As you can tell from reading this thread its definitely in the eye of the beholder. I think you try everything once and if it becomes one your family enjoys do it again or do it the next trip. So many of the ones you ask about are on people's must do list (mine included).

For example DS loves carousel of progress. I dont know if its the inventor in him, the historian, or the fan of Walt's (or all of the above) but he loves it and has since he was 3. So while I generally could take it or leave it - because he genuinely wants to do it (demands it?!) I have grown to see it through his eyes. Amazed at what has changed in 100 years. In awe of Walt's vision. Curious about what life will be like in the next 100 years.

We originally went on that for Air conditioning, nostalgia, low line, doable with a 3 year old. We go back every trip because DS now 9 loves it. (And he has the shirt to prove it!)

I vote you try all these attractions you haven't done and if you hate Ellen's oh well at least you can say you tried it and it wasnt something you would do again.

Tiki room - Must do every trip!
Country Bears - I honestly don't think I've ever done this one.
Hall of Presidents - I haven't done this one since I was a kid
Carousel of Progress - Must do every trip! One of my favorites
Captain EO - Never seen it, don't plan to
Journey with Figment - While it's a poor replacement, I still love the Figment character so must do every trip
Ellen's Energy - Haven't done this one
Living with the Land - It's relaxing and interesting - so generally ride it once a trip
Circle of Life - haven't see it
movies in the World showcase - Generally I see these if I need a break. Can take or leave them though.

I'm thinking about:
Tiki room Every now and then. Can't remember the last time we did it, though.
Country Bears Love it. My sister and I think the bears remind us of family members, so it's always a good laugh.
Hall of Presidents Nope
Carousel of Progress Love it - hate that the song sticks with you ALL DAY though
Captain EO I'm not a fan but my dad loves it, so we make an exception
Journey with Figment Of course. I love Figment
Ellen's Energy I always say I'm gonna nap on it, but I never do.
Living with the Land Nope

Some of these are actually favorites of mine!

Tiki room -- a favorite
Country Bears-- meh...I still do it out of sentimentality, but wouldn't be upset to see it replaced
Hall of Presidents-- meh
Carousel of Progress-- I like this one, but it's not a "must do"
Captain EO-- never actually saw this
Journey with Figment-- The current version is terrible, but I love Figment so I ride it anyway
Ellen's Energy-- It's long, so sometimes we skip it, but I enjoy it when I do ride
Living with the Land-- I think this was better when they had actual CMs riding with you and doing the narration, but I still love it.
Circle of Life-- never saw it
movies in the World showcase-- I love the movies. Wish there was one for each country.

Carousel of Progress is my absolute favorite attraction in all of Disney World. I think it's because you can feel the hand of Walt in it and that's a little bit of magic. I wouldn't miss it.

Tiki room - I like the original and the Under New Management, while a step back, wasn't a bad attraction.
Country Bears - I've never seen it so can't say.
Hall of Presidents - It is a show worth seeing at least once per sitting president.
Carousel of Progress - Love the CoP. I used to think the last scene needed updating but look at it now as nostalgic as opposed to a prediction of the future.
Captain EO - Ugh.
Journey with Figment - Loved the original, despised version 2.0, the current version 2.1 is in the middle. I will see it about every third time. I like the figment character but the ride needs a refresh.
Ellen's Energy - I like it because it is what Epcot should be about IMO, edutainment. It does need an update though to address new energy technologies.
Living with the Land - Love this ride. It is as good as TT or Soarin' for me but with shorter lines.
Circle of Life - Ok for what it was when it came out but needs to be replaced.
movies in the World showcase - Love Impressions de France but can take or leave the other two.

[QUOTE="J

I'm thinking about:
Tiki room-I love it. My kids like it.
Country Bears- My kids love this one.
Hall of Presidents- I like this one, but I haven't taken my kids yet because I don't think they will like it.
Carousel of Progress- I love this one, but I haven't taken my kids yet.
Captain EO- Skip for all of us.
Journey with Figment- My kids and I both like this one.
Ellen's Energy- Skip for all of us.
Living with the Land- My kids love this one...not sure why.
Circle of Life- Skip for everyone.
movies in the World showcase- I like the movies but I don't think my children would[/QUOTE]

Tiki room - skip it
Country Bears - so-so, haven't been to it since 2011.
Hall of Presidents - I like it, we try to go once per trip/every other trip.
Carousel of Progress - Must-do every trip. Maybe even more than once. We love singing along.
Captain EO - One and done for me. I don't see the appeal at all, and wouldn't miss it if it was gone.
Journey with Figment - Never done it. Always forget it's there, tbh.
Ellen's Energy - We popped in for the pre-show, didn't like it, turned around and left. Skip it.
Living with the Land - Must-do every trip. We love gardening, and it's cool to see the inner-workings of how they grow stuff at WDW.
Circle of Life - Meh, I'll do it if I have some free time.
movies in the World showcase - If I need a break, yes. Otherwise, skip.

Tiki room - easily one of my 3yo's favorite rides of the trip
Country Bears - hadn't been as a kid, went recently. HEE Haw Larious.
Hall of Presidents - Cool. But I like documentaries. Also sitting + air conditioning. Good for kiddie naps.
Carousel of Progress - Ac + Sitting + tradition!

Tiki room - love it. Nostalgic. Great detail. A/C. Seats.
Country Bears - I can take or leave it but my BIL from Louisiana loves it and insists on it.
Hall of Presidents - meh
Carousel of Progress - meh
Captain EO - as someone who grew up taking dance classes three nights a week in the 80s, this is a must do for me.
Journey with Figment - I miss the original, but this one is OK
Ellen's Energy - haven't done this in ages. Just sooo long.
Living with the Land - I enjoy this. It's interesting. I learn something. It's pleasant.
Circle of Life - a little too preachy for me to enjoy
movies in the World showcase - I enjoy the movies. Particularly Impressions de France. The soundtrack is great.

Where is Journey to Figment and Captain EO? We have been to Disney for 10 years straight and have never done either of these. Is one of them near the building near the land in epcot?

We LOVE Carousel of Progress and Living with the Land, two of our favorites!
Both Journey in Imagination with Figment and Captain EO are located in the Imagination Pavilion. As you are facing The Land Pavilion with The Seas on your right, Imagination is to your left. It is the building with the waterfall that goes up. The ride is in the main entrance and Captain EO is on the left side of the building.

Tiki room - Yes! Although DH would say skip it.
Country Bears - We only do it every couple of visits
Hall of Presidents - Nope, only once every 4 years really.
Carousel of Progress - Yes! We love this ride. DH is the guy singing at the top of his lungs. :)
Captain EO - never again
Journey with Figment - it's ok, not a must do for us. We really only do it if we are in the area and have time or want to be in the air conditioning
Ellen's Energy - did it once, probably enough for us
Living with the Land - a must do for us
Circle of Life - We go every once in awhile and always come out thinking about how horrible humans are and feel bad.
movies in the World showcase - we skip. We've seen them all at least once.

Tiki room - Definitely, a classic! :)
Country Bears - Not too fussed, cute show
Hall of Presidents - As a non US visitor, love this
Carousel of Progress - personal fav!
Captain EO - nostalgic so yes
Journey with Figment - take it or leave it, not really fussed
Ellen's Energy - only once a trip but is a nice a/c rest
Living with the Land - again only once a trip but interesting
Circle of Life - never seen
movies in the World showcase - like Oh Canada but only once a trip

Tiki room - I'll do it if somebody asks me to
Country Bears - Never again. Ever.
Hall of Presidents - No
Carousel of Progress - I have to do it once a trip!
Captain EO - No
Journey with Figment - Actually a favorite of mine
Ellen's Energy - This is for napping
Living with the Land - Cool every once in awhile
Circle of Life - No
movies in the World showcase - Depends how hot it is outside

I'd say any Disney attraction is worth your time at least once if you haven't experienced it yet. Sure you might not love them all like some of the "bigger ticket" attractions, but all have their charms. Of your list, I'd only skip Circle of Life- its simply a film about the environment and such- nothing special about it.

Besides, most of your list consists of attractions you should practically be able to "walk on" in 10 mins or less. Check them out!

Tiki room - Yes
Country Bears - NO /looking for the vomit smiley
Hall of Presidents - No, so sorry!
Carousel of Progress - Yes, we love it!
Captain EO - Never seen it by choice, so defaulting no...
Journey with Figment - No, but I swear I went on it 20 times in a row with DD during EMH one night...
Ellen's Energy - Great for a nap on a hot day!
Living with the Land - Yes, we love it and have done the Behind the Seeds tour a couple of times...
Circle of Life - No...
movies in the World showcase - No...

Tiki room yes
Country Bears kind of
Hall of Presidents yes
Carousel of Progress One of the best attractions ever
Captain EO saw it once thats enough
Journey with Figment saw it once thats enough
Ellen's Energy yes
Living with the Land kind of
Circle of Life kind of
movies in the World showcase sometimes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter