Do DVCers get discounts on park admission?

luvdzny

Half of my heart is in heaven
We are looking into DVC ownership, & have 1 quick question. Do DVC owners get special discounts on park admission?

Thanks!

I believe we get a 10% discount on Unlimited Magic Passes (used to be callled the Length of Stay Passes)

I just checked in my December Vacation Magic which lists the discounts on passes. They are as follows:

"Ultimate Park Hopper" (formerly Unlimited Magic Pass) 10% discount to DVC members (only available for purchase by Disney Resort Guests), purchased at Resort Guest services. Prices start at $98.10 (adult) and $78.30 (child) for a 2 day stay with pricing based on length of stay.

and then the DVC "brainstorm" (which I don't think anyone is buying, since most DVC members go to WDW more than 5 days a year) is the "Magical Years Pass" which is:

For 4 of the next 5 years, 5 days per year of admission to MK, EPCOT, MGM and AK. Flexibility to visit all parks on the same dau. plus a choice of 2 other options per year, such as Plesure Island, Blizzrd Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, River Country or Wide World of SPorts Complex. Purchased at Resort Guest Services... and the price is$749 (adult or child). Additional discounts with this are:

- $10 off one adult admission to Disney Quest (or $5 off child admission)

- 50% off one round of miniature golf

- 10% off merchandis at Disney Water parks.

Magical Years is only available to DVC members.

In my opinion the pass discounts is not a reason to buy DVC. If you visit WDW often and want the comfort of a deluxe home away from home...that is the reason to buy DVC.

Is it worth it? In my opinion....ABSOLUTELY!!!

Hope this helps. Good luck!

I agree, I would not buy DVC just for the pass discounts (the Disney Club would be a whole lot cheaper!!!:D ) I was just wondering what kind of discounts DVC'rs got Thanks for the info!

LOL...that Magical Years Pass is the most ridiculous thing they've ever come up with! Assuming you can even figure out how it works, it does nothing for the majority of DVC'ers who visit much more frequently than that. Brainstorm? More like a Brainfart.

I say bring back the free length of stay passes like we used to get!! Now THAT was an incentive to buy into the DVC. WE should have all risen up at the end of '99 and demanded they continue that program! Yeah, like they would have really listened!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter