Do all DVC studios have balconies ?

Just to clarify, at GFV all have a balcony, but not all DVC studios have a balcony or patio. At VWL (or whatever it's called now), on the fourth floor there's a studio with no balcony.

VWL 1 studio with no balcony I think #4533. When we joined in 2002 at BWV we could only get VWL for our first trip. By reading these boards I knew about the no balcony room at VWL. Guess what . when we checked in they gave us that room but knowing it had no balcony I said we want a different room and got one.

Last edited:
The 1 VWL studio without a balcony (which I believe is actually 4533) is the only DVC room I've ever heard of that doesn't have either a balcony or a patio of some sort.

VWL 1 studio with no balcony I think #4033. When we joined in 2002 at BWV we could only get VWL for our first trip. By reading these boards I knew about the no balcony room at VWL. Guess what . when we checked in they gave us that room but knowing it had no balcony I said we want a different room and got one.

That's a coincidence! We also joined in 2002, and went toVWL. We had problems with our trip (but we had a balcony) so we went over to the DVC Center (at the BWV at that time) to complain. While there, we met the people staying in the balcony-less studio and VWL refused to move them, so they were there complaining ("Hey, you told us when we bought that all studios have a balcony". It was also their first stay since they bought). Our complaints seemed no worse than no balcony!

Simba, Disney should make that room at VWL for cast rental only

Anyone have a guess as to why that one room would not have balcony.?

That studio is a bit of an odd duck. It is next to another studio. Below it are 2BR's and above it is a 1BR (which often only have 1 balcony at VWL). I'd guess it would not have matched up to the outside balconies above and below so they just skipped it. Then the question becomes why they did 2 studios there instead of either a 1BR or a 2BR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter