DME -- getting to airport early

Not sure how to search for this particular question:

I have a departure out of MCO at 1:50pm on May 15th. I have an old college friend who is departing MCO at 1pm (she's coming from a conference and we just happen to be leaving on the same day). If we wanted to meet at the airport for lunch, how could I figure out a way to meet her at noon???? I know DME picks you up 3hrs before the flight (which puts my pickup from POR at 10:50am), but I don't even know if I'll make it to the airport by noon. Should I request an earlier pickup?? (Man, this sounds like a grade 5 math test question.)

I'm not sure you can request an earlier pick up. You can not just show up and ask if you can board any bus because pick ups are more structured then the trips from the airport. Most of the time we have used DME, to go to the airport from the resort, the bus was full and if you weren't scheduled for that bus you can't get on. Go to the front desk and discuss it with them at least a couple of days before your return flight.

That being said, you should be to the airport right about noon.

OP we have called DME to get an earlier pickup time since we wanted to eat lunch at MCO. I believe I did it about 2 days before . They had no problem giving us an earlier time.

Yes,you can just call and ask for an earlier pick up time. Make sure you call DME directly, though.

With a flight out at 1:50, your DME p/u time would be between 10:45 and 11:15. You would be at the airport before noon. But, if it makes you more comfortable, just call DME and have the put you on the bus before the one you would have been on. You can't count on just being able to get on one....there may not be a bus. Buses are dispatched only if there are guests that need the bus. If there are no guests at your resort that need that bus at 10:15ish, there won't be a bus. So, call DME directly and ask to be picked up 30 mins earlier than normal.

You can request an early pick up. I've done it multiple times (I hate feeling rushed at the end of a vacation).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter