DLR Kids

Thank you, Pixy! :teeth:

Wow, your school finishes up so close to when you leave for Disney. Btw, nice signature ;) Oh what I'd give to have the honor of having one myself...but it's simply not my time yet. Still hoping to get a shot at an interview though.

To Jessica: I saw your signature on the other board, too. Lookin' good :thumbsup2

Just wanted to bump this thread up. I've been stalking the DLR CP website for a few weeks now with no new updates. Under presentation scheduling they do have August 15 listed for some reason. I'm hoping that this is a sign the e-presentation and applications go up either Aug. 14 or that following monday.

I know 2 of the disboarders here got into the program in June and am wondering how it's going so far!?

Hey every one. I'm very excited about the Spring 2010 CP program even though I haven't even applied yet. I have been wanting to do this program for years now and just to have the opertuity to apply within the next month is amazing! I just wanted to let every one know (in case they don't already) that the dates for the College visits are now on the DCP website! Really looking forward and hoping more than anything that I get in along with every one else :)

I noticed that the first dates for the Campus Presentations will be in early september. Does anyone know if the applications will be put online then, or is there a possibility of it going up sooner?

Hi all. My name is Zoe and I interviewed for the DLCP Aug.31. I got the "thank you for interviewing" email, but that's it. I am planning on finding my own place. I'm moving to CA whether I'm accepted or not. So I would like find somebody to hang out with when I get there. Right now I'm in FL finishing my last semester of college. If I'm not accepted this will be my last chance until I start a 2nd degree. I won't count on applying as a regular CM because positions are not open now, but I would sooo love to work there full time! :cool1:

I had to fax in my role checklist and application, I don't know if you have to do that at WDW...

What do you mean you had to fax it in? I didn't have to do that and my interviewer had all my info at hand. :confused3

Hey every one. Just wanted to give an update here... It has been 16 days since my interview and I still haven't heard back from Disney... I'm soo anxious and I just want to know already haha. I have been waiting for years to do this and it would be a dream come true to see that purple folder in my mail today!

Here is to some more waiting!

How is everyone else doing?

Hey every one. Just wanted to give an update here... It has been 16 days since my interview and I still haven't heard back from Disney... I'm soo anxious and I just want to know already haha. I have been waiting for years to do this and it would be a dream come true to see that purple folder in my mail today!

Here is to some more waiting!

How is everyone else doing?

Has ANYONE that applied for the DLR heard back? Have all the acceptance and rejection letters been only for WDW?

Nope. It really makes me feel worse that WDW ppl have been accepted within 9 days or less and DLR ppl got NOTHING. :headache:

There's a fairly reasonable explanation for why it takes DLR longer than WDW to decide on these kinds of things.

Unlike WDW, DLR CP Participants are statused as Casual Regular (Part Time) Cast Members, and are eligible to "roll over" into a regular CR Status once their programme is complete. As such, DLR Casting must be much more careful with whom they approve to participate, as CP Casting isn't that much different from hiring someone on a Permanent basis (I do believe conversion rates were in the 90% range for the CP season recently concluded).

On top of this, there are Union Stipulations on CPs which don't exist at WDW. For example, the Food & Beverage Contract limits the total number of CPs in that Department to 150 per session, and with the recently concluded Contract Negotiations, there are also caps on nearly every other Park Operations role. As such, Casting must be selective on whom they allow in - they can't do what WDW does and admit thousands of CPs at a time.

Hey everyone... Its a new week and I was just curious if any one had heard ANYTHING yet... this is my 3 week mark and I get more antsy every week haha. I know that they told me 4-6 weeks, but I can't help it.

Good luck to all

Haven't heard anything yet and this friday will be my 3 week mark :eek:

Ok so apparently my mom decided that while I was in class today it would be a good idea to call Disney... I had no idea haha. Anyway I just wanted to let everyone know that NOTHING for DisneyLAND has gone out yet. They said that they are running a little behind because of the new system, but the 4-6 week time frame that they gave all of us is correct. So I hope that this puts some people at ease for the next week or so... A bummer yes, but at least we can all stop franticly checking our e-mail and mail... or not :D

Hope this helps :) and just remember that this did come straight from the woman who is in charge of the whole program.

Thanks for the info and thanks to your mom! :thumbsup2 I feel better now. Still waiting isn't fun!

That bit of news makes me feel A LOT better about waiting. This whole time I've been sitting here thinking that some of us DLR's got left in the dust D:

My mind's been wandering to "how many people that applied for dlr but don't post on the disboards/facebook have already been accepted?!?!"

I just received a pending letter! :):confused3 getting excited...anyone else?

I just received a pending letter! :):confused3 getting excited...anyone else?

Well at least you got SOMETHING! I still have yet to get ANYTHING, friday will be the 4 week mark for me. When did you interview Zoe?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter