DLR/DCA Swap. Postal.. Please post when you get your package!

Checking in. No further assembly progress, but everything is designed. This weekend will be very swap focused. Just got back from DLR. Not the best trip ever, but still awesome!

Just a question for the Jungle cruisers. I have shapes/inchies and was planning to do favorite jokes from the ride. Does this sound okay? Does anyone have any favorites they want to share? (You don't have to be in the group to have a favorite joke!) If you all think its stupid, I'll make some animal sapes instead, I just thought the jokes would be cute.

Checking in. No further assembly progress, but everything is designed. This weekend will be very swap focused. Just got back from DLR. Not the best trip ever, but still awesome!

Just a question for the Jungle cruisers. I have shapes/inchies and was planning to do favorite jokes from the ride. Does this sound okay? Does anyone have any favorites they want to share? (You don't have to be in the group to have a favorite joke!) If you all think its stupid, I'll make some animal sapes instead, I just thought the jokes would be cute.

Okay - here's what I have to offer ............
1) A BAD day at DLR beats a GOOD day in the office hands down!!! :upsidedow

2) LOVE the idea of jokes/quotes for Jungle Cruise shapes!!! :lovestruc
What a FUN idea!!! I guess that's what makes the swaps so great - the creativity of the other players. :goodvibes

Some of my personal favorite Jungle Cruise Jokes/Quotes:
The Back Side of Water! (can't leave that one out!!)

I personally like the Giant Amazon Butterflies ..... with wing span ranging from 12 inches all the way up to ONE FOOT! :rotfl:

Sweitzer (spelling :confused3) Falls ..... named for the famous Dr. Albert ...Falls!

Wave goodbye to all the beautiful people on the dock .... and the ugly ones too ...... you'll never see them again! ;)

Kids, those lions are protecting the sleeping Zebra! :rotfl2:

Obviously, we could go on all day ...........

How about the one with the elephants in the water... "don't worry folks, they all have their trunks on." I actually lol at that one every time we go. The corny jokes are my favorite part about the Jungle Cruise! I think your idea to incorporate these are brilliant!

Here's what I came up with for my Storybook Canal Boats inchies:

storybook.jpg

Checking in...
8 and counting down!
4 in planning stages
4 to put together
I think I will make it.
I ordered labels from Current and hope they will come this week and then I can start to put everything together for packaging.
I hope to be able to post more photos on Wed or Thurs, I am off on both of those days and would just like to post alot all at one time.
Loving everything I see ladies!:grouphug:

wow Kristi, great pieces :thumbsup2

:goodvibes Awesome pieces! You have been working hard. Love them all.
Stephanie

Such BEAUTIFUL work!!! :goodvibes:thumbsup2:goodvibes
I need to go back & see if I get any of those ...... fingers crossed! :upsidedow

My Update: I need to make 1 photo mat for Splash Mtn & inchies for Storybook Canal Boats and I'll be done. :thumbsup2 Then I need to review bagging instructions to make sure I have it right ..... then mail! :flower3:

What a FUN swap this was to work on! Thanks for letting me be part of the group ladies. :grouphug:

Fantastic Pieces Kristi!!! Can't wait to get them when I get to hang out with LaWanna for my birthday :)

Thanks everyone. I'm having a great time designing these and putting them together. Can hardly wait to get to use them all. Went to Cars Land last weekend and have TONS of phtots to use with all the Cars Land pieces I will be getting. :thumbsup2

Well looks like I forgot the final check in date!!

So please let me know how things are looking and that you will be mailing on time. I know most of you are on track.

I will be working on my groups this weekend and will hopefully have pictures up soon :) Doodlebug will also be finishing up hers (right now she is sewing shirts) :)

I literally have ONE photo mat to make for Splash Mtn and then I can go postal ..... I should be mailing tomorrow! :thumbsup2

This working full time thing really gets in the way of my DIS .... :lmao::lmao:

Rachal--we will not be able to mail until August 20th you should have the package by the 22nd or 23rd.

I'll be driving Sarah to school next week, so I'll be away from home Wed-Fri. I'm hoping to be totally finished before I leave on the 15th, but, Sarah is needing a lot of help getting packed up. We decided to move Rachel upstairs so Sarah's room needs to be empty before she leaves.

Rachal--we will not be able to mail until August 20th you should have the package by the 22nd or 23rd.

I'll be driving Sarah to school next week, so I'll be away from home Wed-Fri. I'm hoping to be totally finished before I leave on the 15th, but, Sarah is needing a lot of help getting packed up. We decided to move Rachel upstairs so Sarah's room needs to be empty before she leaves.

:goodvibes No worries as long as it is here before Lisa comes to help sort :)

I'm finishing this up over the next few days. I'm a little behind schedule, but I should mail on time. DH has had the last four days off, and I never seem to get anything done when he's home. I love him and love spending time with him, but he requires entertainment when he's home. So I get nothing done. Oh well...

I have all but two groups done. Since I am so slow at posting I will be spending the next couple of hours posting photos!:scared1:

7766807354_50d566860b_d.jpg

[/IMG]
Frontierland mats~3 layers, 2 embellies, paper holds the sticker up so photo can slide under. Remember to keep yer horseshoe right side up so yer luck doesnt run out!:)

7766809044_1189737239_b_d.jpg

HM~ I wanted these to be old looking and wrinkly on purpose. I sprsyed the web paper with the glitter spray and hand crumpled. I also inked and added halloween colored brads.

7766811938_c1f3f863ce_d.jpg

[/IMG]
Luigis Flying Tires~ These are beach balls.My wonderful DD hand cut these for me. I think they turned out so cute! The biggest one can be used for a photo mat or you can take it apart and just use the circles. I inked the big one but let the smaller balls alone. I didnt think they neede anything else.

7766813610_b5f234f849_d.jpg

World of Color~ Since I was the 5th wheel on this one I wanted to do something a little different so I made accent pieces that you could use anywhere on youe lo. I used glitter paper and there are two stickles on each piece. Colors will vary per bag. I just hope that in your opinions there isnt too many glue webs. I think they are ok.

7766816784_444b68f912_d.jpg

Mickeys Fun Wheel~ I took the general color scheme from and then made them crooked to rep the carts that move.

7766817850_f215d2fc34_d.jpg

Blue Bayou~ mats and I was playing around and made two corners as well. I used 3 layers of paper and inked. I didnt think they needed anything else but that is why there are two corners.

7766818992_18f35b0750_d.jpg

Adventureland~mats. The paper is a kinte cloth designed paper and I did not attach the mask or trees so that you could place them where you would like to place them and also you can rotate your mats the way you want.

7766820188_e199c0fc23_d.jpg

I really stepped outside of my box here as far as colors go. With the passing of Sally Ride and remembering her comment about the shuttle being a "E Ticket ride" I wanted something spacey and yet girl like. Hope you like it.
Also I am not sure why it rotated like that but I dont know how to fix it. Sorry!

General food~ this is that breakfast paper Ive been waiting to use forever. The white brad is actually a chef's hat and I add a few skittles. I think itlooks nicer in person than the photo shows.
7766822994_66d3222bde_b_d.jpg

7766825840_4d371da9e1_d.jpg

Grand Californian Hotel~mats. I tried to attach trees so to be able slide photo underneath them.

7766827148_272f884ba8_d.jpg

Fantasyland~ Mats. Used pearlense colors and gems. Plain but I still think they are pretty. Can be used with almost any of the rides or castle.

7766832076_e17464a930_d.jpg

Hollywood~mats.

7766830846_9d2258dde1_b_d.jpg

Radiator Racers~ If you have been to Carsland I hope I got the colors right. I was looking at photos from the official Disney Cars site on FB. One of the photos was of a gas station at one of the eaterys. It was taken at night and the color was very similar to this. Also the little sign is the sign on the pumps.
The numbers are just random. Some are obvious. I also made a key and the dice to go along with the pump. I have a texture problem with that fuzzy stuff, cant think of the name right off, it gives me the woolies to touch it so I wasnt able to make the dice fuzzy. I made the other pieces in case someone didnt like the pump. But I do hope you like it.
7766830846_9d2258dde1_b_d.jpg

7766828206_d5d5fcd3a4_b_d.jpg

HM Holiday~ Mats~ I was thinking of Zero when I was making this. I made regular mats, then a bone border, which is popped up, the bow reps the present part. I had fun making this one. Hope you like it.

I need to retake a photo of my train inchies and finish two other sets but I think thats it. Waiting for labels to get here and hope to mail by Friday!
Thank you for hosting this HUGE swap!:hug:

OMG Rita those are so cute!!!!! Love the HMH mats with the bone borders :)

Thank you Cheryl! I appreciate it verymuch. I think the HM mats are one of my favorite pieces Ive ever made.

Thank you Rachal!
I have one more group to finish and then I will post the last three groups.

I have a question about bagging. I get the bags in a bag in a bag. Got that.
For inchies and corners~ can they be in a smaller bag, think bags that stickers and brads come in or is that to small? All labeled of course. If you prefer snack size baggies for them, not a problem esp considering the size of this swap.
Just let me know and I can do what you prefer.
Thanks!

I've finished with my pieces! :woohoo: Here they are!

A3- DCA mats are on top
A4- DTD mats are on bottom
IMG_1544.jpg

D2- HM Mats- each person has differently colored eyes, but the eyes on both mats are the same color
G2- Castle pp- the top layer is shimmer pink and the blue tower is inked
IMG_1545.jpg

G3- Storybookland Canal Boats mats
G9- Matterhorn pp
IMG_1546.jpg

G20- IASW Holiday mats
L4- Monorail pp
IMG_1547.jpg

L6- Space Mtn mats
O1- Hollywood Backlot pp (he's a director)
IMG_1549.jpg

O2- Aladdin musical pp- carpet
O3- Monsters Inc. pp- Boo
O4- ToT mats
IMG_1550.jpg

P1- Disney Animation mats- the yellow mats on top
P3- Animation Academy mats- redd mats on bottom
IMG_1551.jpg

R11- Ariel mats
IMG_1552.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter