DLP review

taximom00

Mouseketeer
We just returned from a Paris trip including a one day/one park visit to DLP. First time there.

Wanted to share my impressions.

We decided on one park/one day as I didn't want to rush thru two parks and we were not planning on staying over (though this would have been nice!)

The tickets were 59 euros, purchased at the airport. I hadn't planned on buying them at the airport but had done a little research and felt that this price was better than what I had seen online before leaving the US. (I had checked US and UK sites for pricing).

We were staying in the Marais section of Paris and took the RER to DLP. We purchased a week long subway pass and the RER was included in this pass, so didn't pay anything additional. The RER left from the Nation train stop and was about 30 minutes to DLP. It literally left you at the front entrance. Very easy.

We went on a Tuesday and the weather was cool overall. Paris was experiencing a heatwave (I think!) last week so we were very happy that the weather was about 70 that day.

The park opened at 10 and we arrived around 10:30. While I knew we could have arrived earlier than the stated opening, we honestly didn't want to rush, also knowing we were staying until late.

We were pleasantly surprised at how not crowded it was!! The day was overcast and perhaps people debated about going early! We actually stopped to get coffee on Main Street (the horror…I would never do this at WDW!) and just enjoyed sitting outside, looking at the map and planning (again, I would have planned ahead for WDW!)

We headed over to get fast passes for Space Mountain (called something else there) as well as one of the other rides there. Got the Fast Pass and realized the lines for the other ride (simulator type forget the name!) was only 20 minutes so just waited instead of Fast Pass.

We found the lines to be quite manageable. Nothing more than 45 min and even those seemed to move quickly.

We enjoyed the two shows by the castle and I found the crowds to be way more
'polite' than at WDW overall. Everyone sat patiently in front, waiting for the show to start, no one stood up once it started so everyone could see! Ditto for the parade, which I was a bit worried about as there is only one parade at 5:30.

We loved Small World! It's my favorite at WDW though it's looking so dingy there. This one was beautiful!!

We enjoyed all of the food with the 'french' flair lol.

While everyone smokes in Paris, I noticed that there was minimal smoking at DLP…there were separate smoking areas and I assume people went there??

The character lines were much shorter than WDW so that was a plus and surprise!

As the sun sets so late there in summer, the fireworks were LATE! 11pm! The pro of late sunset is you feel like the day isn't over…the 'con' is your day ends late lol!!

We stationed ourselves at the beginning of Main St so as to make quick exit and this worked well though we didn't feel that anyone else was rushing out! European difference, perhaps?!

Happy to answer any questions! We really enjoyed our day and if I had to do it over again, I might choose to do an overnight and both parks!!

btw, we have also visited HKDisney so can compare to another international park. It was just as enjoyable as Hong Kong!

Great review, thanks for sharing :)
We're stopping by for a relatively short visit (2 days) end of August and really looking forward to it now!

Thanks for sharing, sounds like you enjoyed most of the day :)

Hi taximom, we are doing a short side trip with two nights on property and I need some guidance on roller coasters. Not for kids, for DH! I'd like to be able to give him some guidance on how extreme the rides are so he can decide if he wants to ride.

He will do most things once but doesn't reall enjoy most of them. WDW and DL he likes BTMRR. The Mine Train. That's about it. He did Hyper Space Mountain because he loves Star Wars but will not do it any other time. Did not like Rock n Roller Coaster. Would not go on Everest. No way California Screamin'.

How would you rate the ones you did? If anyone else wants to chime in on the Studios rides that would be great!

Rock n Roller coaster in the Studios is pretty much the same as in WDW. Crush's Coaster is similar in style to Primeval Whirl, but more intense (banked curves, faster).

Hyperspace Mountain in Paris is completely different from the US parks and has inversions. The Indiana Jones coaster also has an inversion. BTMRR is mostly the same, but I liked it better in Paris (it's on an island and you go through a dark tunnel at the beginning and end).

Rock n Roller coaster in the Studios is pretty much the same as in WDW. Crush's Coaster is similar in style to Primeval Whirl, but more intense (banked curves, faster).

Hyperspace Mountain in Paris is completely different from the US parks and has inversions. The Indiana Jones coaster also has an inversion. BTMRR is mostly the same, but I liked it better in Paris (it's on an island and you go through a dark tunnel at the beginning and end).

Thanks Moliphino! I guess we have a FP runner :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter