DLP - discounts for DVC members?

hellsie

Earning My Ears
Hi there

we're off to DLP next week, staying in the Sequoia Lodge.

We're also DVC members and I know that in WDW that gives us all sorts of discounts - is that also true in DLP?

Thanks, Helen

Hi hellsie - welcome to the DIS! :wave2:

I'm also a DVC member, and I'm fairly certain that, unfortunately, we don't get any discounts at DLP. Though I would be more than happy, if someone wants to correct me on this!! :)

Hope you have a wonderful trip. Is this your first visit to DLP, and did you use your points to book? Sorry if I'm being nosey!!

If you have any more questions, just ask. :)

Hi Becky

be as nosey as you want!! Nice to meet another DVC member :earsgirl:

We've actually been to DLP twice before, in 2000 when we stayed at the Santa Fe and 2002 when we stayed at the Newport Bay. Last time we went the Studios wasn't open yet at DLP so we have something new to do!

Yes, we did book using our DVC points - we had some we carried over and also this year's alocation which we left too late to bank for next year, and after a big holiday to New Zealand last year another trip to WDW isn't in the budget this year so we're staying at the Sequoia Lodge in DLP for a few nights!

If I find any discounts I'll let you know

Helen

DVC points being used in DLP :) Now that might help me in some future discussions.
Hopefully someone will pop in with any update ;)

Reid

We are using our DVC points for our forthcoming trip to New York Hotel DLP in October. It was 165 points for three nights (tickets and breakfast included in the points). We have also used points for an exchange for a week in Devon in February before our trip to WDW next October 2006.

Susan

Hi Iain

DVC is Disney Vacation Club - I was going to post a link but it seems that I have to have made a minimum number of posts to the forum before I can post a URL. :rolleyes:

Anyway if you do a google search on 'DVC Disney', it should be the first URL shown

HTH, Helen

Iain - I found this a very good DVC FAQ. :)

Using DVC to book at DLP is certainly not the best use of points - they are best used for the WDW DVC resorts. But in a situation, like Helen's where you have to use them up, then a trip to DLP is just the answer!! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter