DL tickets and reservations - April 15!

Ohhhh yes I see what you mean. It takes you back to "link tickets" screen instead of displaying tickets.
This same thing was happening with My Hotel Reservations last week, when adding a DVC reservation, which was new functionality on the DL site. The next day, it started working properly and reservations linked previously started displaying.

So best guess is they are adding code to the site daily, and this function should be working properly soon (before reservations open up). Ironing out the kinks in a new (new to DLR) system...
Thanks! Yes, I'm sure there is a lot they're trying to updated on the website today, so I'll try to be patient. And I guess worst case scenario is I only try from my phone.

how can we check to see if dates are open before buying tickets? we want to go early June but if our dates arent open we dont want to purchase the tickets obviously.
Theoretically, it'll work like the WDW ticket system - you can see which days are available before buying anything. After that, you can pick the days you want to go, buy relevant tickets, and then book your park reservations immediately afterward.

So looks like I can book reservations on the 12th! I'll report back if anybody is interested.

But I do have a question I hope you wise people can answer. I can see my linked tickets in the app, but can't find them anywhere on the website. If I go to "link tickets" on the website and put in the number it tells me it's already linked to an account. Are they just automatically there on the website or is there a place I can confirm they are? Planning on running both the computer and the app on Monday and don't want any hiccups.

I have the same problem as you. I just did a chat with a cast member, and this is what they told me: "Theme Park tickets are not visible if trying to view them on our standard desktop/mobile site. They can only be viewed in the Disneyland app."

Which is kind of confusing, because their website specifically says to add them on the website. I'm hoping since we get the "they're already linked" message, that we're all set, and their website just isn't allowing us to view them.

Theoretically, it'll work like the WDW ticket system - you can see which days are available before buying anything. After that, you can pick the days you want to go, buy relevant tickets, and then book your park reservations immediately afterward.
With the WDW can you see how many tickets are available for a specific day? We have a large group wanting to go all at once. Only 3 households but too many for one transaction (15). I'm worried about buying tickets and then not being able to get reservations on the same day.

I have the same problem as you. I just did a chat with a cast member, and this is what they told me: "Theme Park tickets are not visible if trying to view them on our standard desktop/mobile site. They can only be viewed in the Disneyland app."

Which is kind of confusing, because their website specifically says to add them on the website. I'm hoping since we get the "they're already linked" message, that we're all set, and their website just isn't allowing us to view them.
THANK YOU!!!! I tried calling them and after a 2 hour hold, the call failed. So I'll assume I'm good then.

@jodybird511 - an answer to our question!

The micechat.com article indicated prices would be the same as last March. Don't know if that's true or not.
I wonder, though, if they’ll offer multi-day tickets (to accommodate disgruntled (ahem) Legacy pass holders). Something like five or ten-day tix at a reduced rate.

With the WDW can you see how many tickets are available for a specific day? We have a large group wanting to go all at once. Only 3 households but too many for one transaction (15). I'm worried about buying tickets and then not being able to get reservations on the same day.
No, but, the way things are now at WDW, it's usually at least pretty clear that space is available or not - if the availability on a given day was down to just one park, that might be a strong hint.

Obviously DL is going to be a bit different, at least at first - but it's hard to say how much.

I can't say for sure what will happen - we'll know more next week - but I would suggest:

1) Wait a little bit to do anything, just to see how reservations go. It's possible that weekdays might not fill up as quickly, but it's hard to say that for sure.

2) When you're ready to commit, pick a day that has availability for both DL and DCA. (I'm assuming DL will "sell out" before DCA.) That would at least suggest that it would be a less-attended day, so you'd have a lower risk of hitting the cap.

For those with VGC reservations AND valid tickets, don't despair just yet. At WDW people with onsite ressies pulled from a different 'bucket' than 'simple' ticket holders.

The problem I see is that DL doesn't have an equivalent to MDE which is how WDW's system knew you were 'onsite'. Hopefully DL will come up with something for onsite guests so they'll have their own bucket to pull from.

For those with VGC reservations AND valid tickets, don't despair just yet. At WDW people with onsite ressies pulled from a different 'bucket' than 'simple' ticket holders.

The problem I see is that DL doesn't have an equivalent to MDE which is how WDW's system knew you were 'onsite'. Hopefully DL will come up with something for onsite guests so they'll have their own bucket to pull from.
It's a really weird situation and I'll be interested to see how it plays out. In part of their opening announcement today, they reiterate that onsite doesn't guarantee a park reservation and that it still needs to be made. And says that one should book the park reservation prior to booking onsite hotel.

But then when it talks about packages, it says a park reservation is still needed. And to make sure your onsite hotel is linked to your Disneyland account. So you'd have the hotel first in this scenario. And since packages can't be booked until the 15th, does that make you late to get park reservations?

I'm sure it will all work out in the end, but it's confusing on which one is better to have first.

I wonder, though, if they’ll offer multi-day tickets (to accommodate disgruntled (ahem) Legacy pass holders). Something like five or ten-day tix at a reduced rate.

That would be great - but it doesn't seem likely. They've already refunded APs and given merchandise discounts, so it doesn't benefit them to reduce ticket prices for legacy passholders. Seems like they'll just have regular tickets up to 5 days, like before. Tickets will probably sell out without any further inducement.

It's a really weird situation and I'll be interested to see how it plays out. In part of their opening announcement today, they reiterate that onsite doesn't guarantee a park reservation and that it still needs to be made. And says that one should book the park reservation prior to booking onsite hotel.

But then when it talks about packages, it says a park reservation is still needed. And to make sure your onsite hotel is linked to your Disneyland account. So you'd have the hotel first in this scenario. And since packages can't be booked until the 15th, does that make you late to get park reservations?

I'm sure it will all work out in the end, but it's confusing on which one is better to have first.

But then when it talks about packages, it says a park reservation is still needed. And to make sure your onsite hotel is linked to your Disneyland account.

This may be how the system 'recognizes' you as an onsite guest and allows you to pull your park reservation from a separate 'onsite' bucket. Pure speculation on my part based on WDW's MDE system, but I find it hard to believe that DL would be so cavalier as to let someone book a package months in advance then say 'Sorry Charlie all sold out' when they hit a 60 day window.

DL will know exactly how many onsite guests they're going to have at any one given time way in advance so I'd think it would relatively simple to put that many reservations into the 'onsite bucket' plus a little bit over to cover them. If it turns out that some of those guests don't have tickets they can always move some reservations to another bucket.

This may be how the system 'recognizes' you as an onsite guest and allows you to pull your park reservation from a separate 'onsite' bucket. Pure speculation on my part based on WDW's MDE system, but I find it hard to believe that DL would be so cavalier as to let someone book a package months in advance then say 'Sorry Charlie all sold out' when they hit a 60 day window.
I fully expected that they would do something like WDW. But the weird thing: in the last few weeks, they keep saying stuff like this (which was also in the blog with today's announcement):

"Guests with valid theme park admission tickets who are planning a stay at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa will also need to book a theme park reservation, as a hotel stay does not guarantee a theme park reservation. Tip: If you plan to visit the theme parks during your stay, get your theme park reservation prior to making your hotel reservation. For room reservations and travel packages, visit Disneyland.com or contact your travel professional starting April 15 for stays beginning April 29. Theme park reservations will need to be made separately."

It just strikes me as odd that they would say that so specifically. Seemingly, if there were buckets - it wouldn't take much to hold the hotel bucket open and not have to be that specific about it.

That would be great - but it doesn't seem likely. They've already refunded APs and given merchandise discounts, so it doesn't benefit them to reduce ticket prices for legacy passholders. Seems like they'll just have regular tickets up to 5 days, like before. Tickets will probably sell out without any further inducement.
I didn’t mean reduced specifically for legacies :-). I meant that they may offer multi-day tix to accommodate folks that used to visit the park often - at least once a week. For example, it’s my hope that they’ll offer a ten-day ticket. The price would be reduced because guests would pay up front and in bulk. Just as with APs, we didn’t pay standard one-day prices for 50-100 visits. I saw something earlier today that suggested such an offering. In any case, we’ll know by Friday :-).

I fully expected that they would do something like WDW. But the weird thing: in the last few weeks, they keep saying stuff like this (which was also in the blog with today's announcement):

"Guests with valid theme park admission tickets who are planning a stay at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa will also need to book a theme park reservation, as a hotel stay does not guarantee a theme park reservation. Tip: If you plan to visit the theme parks during your stay, get your theme park reservation prior to making your hotel reservation. For room reservations and travel packages, visit Disneyland.com or contact your travel professional starting April 15 for stays beginning April 29. Theme park reservations will need to be made separately."

It just strikes me as odd that they would say that so specifically. Seemingly, if there were buckets - it wouldn't take much to hold the hotel bucket open and not have to be that specific about it.
I tend to agree that it wouldn’t be hard to hold back a bucket of park reservations for guests of the Grand, but that’s the kind of wording that makes it so confusing and suspect.

Doesn’t really matter to me as I’m staying off site. Just interesting to try to follow.

How do you link Grand California reservations in the Disneyland app?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter