Dizziness??

MickeyMonstersMom

DIS Veteran
During a brief layover on the way home yesterday I was hit with waves of dizziness - and it's still happening 24 hours later. I have experienced mild dizziness after using elevators a lot, so I'm wondering if this is some sort of effect of flying. Has anyone else ever experienced this? It's really getting to me! Thanks for any input!

Lots of people around here have been suffering with dizziness due to allergies. Any other symptoms?

I've gotten vertigo from time to time. The worst was when I was about 6 months pregnant and felt horrible. My DH brought me to the hospital and they kept me in observation for nearly the whole day. They gave me something to keep me from getting sick since I was so dizzy and they didn't want me to get dehydrated from throwing up.

Dr prescriped Meclizine HydroChloride 25mg for Dh's dizzy spells.

Meclizine is pretty standard treatment for vertigo. It used to be a prescription only medication but is now available OTC (and cheap!) marketed as Dramamine II and generic store brands.

A friend of mine came back from a cruise and thought her dizziness was just a case of getting her "land legs" back. It turned out she had a severe ear infection and was on antibiotics for quite a long time. If it continues, see your doctor.

I sometimes get dizzy and it has something to do with my inner ear. Sometimes high humidity sets it off and flying definitely sets it off. Dr. gave me meclizine. Works like a charm.

Cyn

Wow, thanks everyone. A friend suggested that I might be dehydrated. I've been pushing the fluids and feel better, but the moments still come and go. The ear infection thing makes a lot of sense, too. I start school again tomorrow and can't afford to be woozy in class, so if it's not gone tomorrow I'll go to the doctor. Again, thanks for the tips.

Lori

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter