DIY Mickey/Minnie Mouse ears?

leeshiebean

Mouseketeer
Has anyone ever made their own mouse ears? My fiance and I are going to Honeymoon in Disney next year and I'm really excited about the bride mouse ears. I know they offer the hat version with the plastic ears and the headband version with the sequined ears, and while they're both cute, I would love to attempt a DIY version based on some furry Minnie Ears that I already own (see pic), except with white fur and a veil.

23595_515905445795_160400035_30612850_8026726_n.jpg

Chances are, I'll attempt this and fail miserably, and buy the sequined headband, but if anyone has tips or pics on DIY ears that would be super awesome!

I want to do the same thing.
I have no idea how I'm going to do this. I wasn't really thinking the fuzzy thing, though.
But I think that I'll probably just get some wire and make the ear shapes out of the wire and then cover it with some white fabric and then I'll probably try to sew some sequins to it, I guess. Or probably do something easier. Then put the veil on it.

Did that help at all?

I am going to attempt some custom mouse ears in the next few days...

The only problem is that I want them rhinestoned, so they're going to be somewhat heavy and I'm afraid all the diy tutorials that exist won't produce something sturdy enough to support the weight of the rhinestoned ears.

I've seen some really cute rhinestoned ears on Etsy though, so it's definitely doable. If anyone has any advice to make the ears themselves more sturdy I'm *all ears* :rolleyes1

But yeah, I'll update once I've figured out just how I'm going to approach this project!

Unfortunately, even the purchased sequined Minnie ears "flop" over time. The ear itself can be sufficiently stiffened to hold the weight but the attachment point from ear to headband is problematic.

So I've definitely got something going, I'm almost half way done with it. Depending on how they turn out I will either post my advice here or create a separate thread for it! Either way be prepared for many rhinestones and a few 'hidden' Mickeys!

I made 2 pairs, if anyone wants any information about them let me know.

Here's how they turned out!

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

I made 2 pairs, if anyone wants any information about them let me know.

Hi there! I saw your post regarding your custom bedazzled Minnie Mouse ears and absolutely LOVE them! I was wondering if you might share how you made them. Or specifically, how did you get the ears stable enough to handle the jewels without being top heavy or flopping over? Ive searched high and low, Google searched, Pinterested...but nothing shows how to get those ears STABLE! Any words of advice from you would be SO appreciated!!! Thanks in advance! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter