Divorce 202: How to Survive WDW with exDH

No problem! I'm glad you like it. You have such a long to-do list, and I'm just sitting around doing time-filling things when I'm not at work, so I figured I could help a bit.

You'll have to post a picture of how your daughter's invites turn out when you get a chance! I can't imagine how cool they are.

I'm working on them and will definitely post pics of the finished product!

WOW!!! LOVE :love: the sign!!!

She did a great job!

:love: love the sign!! your one busy women!! I hope you get everything done! I couldn'r possible think about a yard sale on top of all that!!

After debating, I DID have a yard sale this weekend! I'm crazy, I know!

Wow, you are really busy! But then that's understandable with as CLOSE as you are!!!

I'd love to see your DD's party invites too.

The sign looks great. Can't wait to see what you come up with for a costume!

No costume yet. :rolleyes1 I completely underestimated how tired I would after the yard sale on Sat.

I wonder if I should do signs as a living now... :lmao:

I could go sign myself up on the DISigns board.

Definitely!

I think that you should. You are very talented.

I agree! :thumbsup2

With all the "stuff" I have had going on lately I am just now catching back up :sad2:. I love the beach story, too funny. The bad thing is, it only gets worse :scared1:. I hope you have gotten more of your "to do" list finished. You are just days away :banana::banana:. I am so jealous :worship:.

No problem. I need to check up on the latest happenings in your PTR but I have been keeping Dale in my prayers. I hope they have reached a diagnosis!

I'll definitely be watching your PTR and TR! I have a feeling this could get interesting!

Welcome! :cheer2:

I know, I'm so proud of her! My x and I get along, but not well enough to spend more than 5 hours together.

My PTR would have had either this: "When the police left...."
or this: "As I quickly looked for a shovel and tarp...." :rotfl2:

:rotfl2: :lmao:

9 more daysssss!!!!!!!!!!!! We're in single digits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:woohoo:

:dance3::yay::woohoo: 8 days!!!!!

On Friday morning I decided to definitely have a yard sale the following day and Sunday. Yup. I decided 24 hours beforehand to have a yard sale. The toys that I had pulled out of the playroom were slowly making their way back in and there was no way I would let them happen again.

Since DD and DS have been waking up at 7am, we ate breakfast, got dressed and I basically watched the clock until 9am to pack the kids in the car and drive down the street to Town Hall. I paid my $10 for the yard sale permit and within 5 minutes we made our way to Office Max to pick up a couple of large Garage Sale signs and some poster board and pricing stickers.

The third stop was the bank to get some change for the sale. And finally we went to Mom Mom and Dee Dad's. They have been storing a lot of my stuff from my house, including wedding and shower gifts, dishes, etc. I decided there were only 3 things that I wanted to keep: my pot set (my great grandmother gave them to me), my flatware (Mom Mom and Dee Dad gave them to me), and my china (my aunts, godparents, and other family had given me my set).

After cleaning out and 3 full SUV trips back and forth, I cleaned everything but those things above from their attic.

As you can imagine, I did not go to bed that night. Instead I was sorting, pricing, making signs, etc for Saturday morning.

At 6am I was walking the streets putting up signs, my dad helped get a bunch of tables out and we began setting up. The ad in the paper and signs stated 9am start (per town ordinance) but we had many people coming by at 7:30am to scope things out.

The one thing I was nervous about selling was the everyday dishes - exDH had picked those out and even though they were mine in the divorce (he got ALL the furniture) I didn't want to deal with a confrontation when he picked up the kids at 10am (it was his weekend). Well, my prayers were answered and at 8:45am the entire dish set and coordinating serving platters, bowls, etc were sold. :yay: That in and of itself was worth having the sale. A bit more closure to see all the bad memories be gotten rid of.

I won't bore you with the day by day happenings of the sale, but at 9:55am I get a call from exDH. Apparently the kids, him, his brother, SIL, sister, DBIL, and niece were doing a portrait for his mom. He needed me to put together the coordinating outfits for them - for DS jeans and a white polo shirt and DD an all white dress. SIL choose the attire. Now, it was already 90 degrees with 100% humidity at 9:30am. And the picture was going to be outside. Who in their right mind would put a child in jeans in such weather?! Well, I told him winter clothes were packed away (they are), I had a white polo for DS but I don't buy white dresses for DD. She's 2! Wear once and throw away? No way! So he was an hour late in picking them up since he needed to go buy DS jeans and DD a white dress to wear.

In a nut shell, I didn't sit down from 6am - 5:45pm. Every muscles, bone - everything was sore, tired, and hurting! At dinner it was too much effort to cut my steak - I was that tired!

Whew! I do craft shows and staying up all night is not uncommom for me, but I've never been this tired.

So my nice list that I thought would be mostly red and green after this weekend, stays the same!

Sounds like you were pretty busy though! That's good. And getting more closure is a good thing..... I assume you bought other dishes, right? Or did you realize you have no more dishes that night and have to eat your steak off of a napkin? :rotfl:

Congrats on the yard sale!! Now you have some extra spending cash!

Extra spending $ is always a good thing! :thumbsup2

Sounds like you were pretty busy though! That's good. And getting more closure is a good thing..... I assume you bought other dishes, right? Or did you realize you have no more dishes that night and have to eat your steak off of a napkin? :rotfl:

The kids and I live with my parents so my pots, china and flatware are still in storage. Everything at my parents' is theirs (dishes, pots, etc, etc). No worries, I didn't have to eat steak of a napkin! :lmao:

Glad the yard sale was a success. Extra Disney money is always a good thing. I hope you are rested and can get to your list. Only 8 more days!!!!!!!!!

Yipppee for the yard sale! I hope you made lots of $$$! Glad you some closure out of it too!!

I'm thinking of doing a yard sale Labor Day weekend to earn some extra spending $$ for the newly planned Oct trip!! Hmmm....

I'm so glad you got closure and hopefully some good spending money! Amazing that you were able to put it together so quickly!

I surprised myself too! My aunt wants me to have another one in the fall - she said that she has tons of stuff to get rid of!

Glad the yard sale was a success. Extra Disney money is always a good thing. I hope you are rested and can get to your list. Only 8 more days!!!!!!!!!

Working on my list - rest, well not so much. DD and DS have been getting up at 6:30 - 7am every morning for the past week and a half so if I stay up late to get stuff done I usually just stay up all night since 2 hours of sleep make me feel worse than none at all.

Yipppee for the yard sale! I hope you made lots of $$$! Glad you some closure out of it too!!

I'm thinking of doing a yard sale Labor Day weekend to earn some extra spending $$ for the newly planned Oct trip!! Hmmm....

I was pleasantly surprised at how much I made. I would recommend it! The only thing that bothered me was the early birds scouting out the stuff, going through boxes while I tried to set up. This was at 7am and the sale started at 9am - per town ordinance. I was getting flustered when people are yelling "How much is this", "Do you have TVs?", etc. (Things in boxes were all grouped by price so as I put them out I just slapped a sticker on them).

I've been working on my 'To Do' List

Red = Complete
Green = In progress
Black = Haven't Touched Yet

1) finish Minnie invites for client - going out tomorrow :yay:
2) design DD's bday invites
3) order supplies for DD's invites
4) make DD's invites
5) mail DD's invites - will be mailed out on Monday :cheer2:
6) confirm that exDH has arranged transportation to/from EWR - exDH says, "I'm working on it." :rolleyes::sad2:
7) sort DD and DS's clothes to weed out anything that doesn't fit
8) purchase any last minute clothes for DD and DS, if necessary - see below
9) finish bow order for client - will be mailed out tomorrow :banana:
10) clean my room
11) clean DD & DS's room
12) clean playroom - clear out old toys
13) order MNSSHP tix
14) buy pins for trading
15) buy costumes for DD & DS
16) party shop - try on costumes for me and purchase - why not red? see below!
17) make sure exDH orders his costume
18) create IASW lost dolls sign - Thank you Danica!
19) have sign printed
20) purchase glow bracelets or necklaces
21) haircuts for DD, DS, and myself - see below
22) mani & pedi for me - see below
23) eyebrows waxed - see below
24) begin making princess tutu dresses for DD's bday party
24) begin making coordinating princess bows for DD's bday party
25) create princess bows for DD for trip (Aurora, Cinderella)
26) buy diapers, pull ups, swim diapers & wipes for DS
27) buy sunblock & make up
28) buy suitcase
29) pack camera equip
30) pack for DD, DS, and myself
31) charge camera batteries
32) create list of pins to look for to trade
33) pester webdesigner to have my websites finished before I leave - conclusion: not happening :scared1::mad:
34) create LGMH tag for stroller
35) purchase plane activities for DD & DS

The bow order is finally complete and the invitations are almost completely assembled. I have about 10 more to go so both of them will be mailed out tomorrow. Once they are mailed, I can concentrate of DD's invitations and they will go out on Monday.

exDH is "working on" getting transportation to the airport. This is the one and only thing I made him in charge of (wait, two things - the other was getting his costume which he did). Now we are 5 days away from leaving :scared1: and he is still "working on it" Supposedly it's a friend of his brother's. :sad2: Don't worry, I have a backup but I'm not offering it until it is absolutely necessary. My dad said he would drive us.

Yesterday, the kids and I did lots of running around. I had to go to the bank for my dad, went to Office Max to return extra posterboard, etc that I didn't use from the yard sale, forgetting the CD to have the IASW poster at home in the process :confused3, then it was off to the party store to buy a costume.

I got there and all 4 of their costume/Halloween dept is roped off bc they are rearranging and prepping it for the season. I asked if they could bring out stuff for me, but they said no since everything was so disorganized. I was told that by the end of the week it would be open. I asked another salesperson and they agreed that by the weekend I would be able to get into the area. So I made that one green since I attempted to buy the costume. :rolleyes1

From there I went to Target since DS was sleeping and we were nearby. I usually don't go there since the 2 closest ones are 25 - 35 min. away and I can hit the food store and 3 malls within 5 - 15 min. I placed him in the carriage and we bought more pull ups, sunblock, new toothbrushes, and checked out the luggage. I didn't see anything so I may just borrow my parents' for this trip (DD's broke during luggage transfer by OKW and I'm checking an extra suitcase for DS's stuff rather than shipping it this time). I forgot the swim diapers while I was there and then later last night when I was at Shop Rite.

Afterwards, I drove out to Freehold and met up with my dad for lunch at Friendly's. He had to go back to work, but I walked around the mall and purchased 1 dress and a skirt and top outfit on sale at GAP (dress, possibly for WDW, but both more for fall), 2 dresses for DD and 1 shirt for DS at Crazy 8 (for the trip), and 2 shirts for DS at Macys (for the trip/fall) Grand total spent: $82. I went into Gymboree but the store in this particular mall is quite narrow so I have trouble handling the double stroller even when the store is empty. I did check out the clearance racks but most everything was picked over. The fall stuff, however was super cute! I just am NOT ready to start buying sweaters and boots. I also left my coupons at home.

I've been trying to get in touch with my hairdresser but she hasn't returned my calls. She comes to the house and it is so convenient. DS NEEDS a haircut desperately. I may just have to bring him to one of those kids haircut places but I'm scared. She does such a nice job - a clean little boy's haircut. I contemplated taking him to the MK barber shop, but I like to start off the vacation with new haircuts and don't know if as soon as we enter MK wanting to have to wait online at the barber shop.

Eyebrows, mani, pedi will be taken care of this weekend. DSis and I, and maybe even my mom are going together. Getting makeup will get taken care of then too.

The camera lens I rented is supposed to be delivered today so I need to hang around the house bc a signature is required. I have the tracking number and when I go on FedEx to check the status, it reads 'On Schedule' "in transit Longwood, FL" To me, since the pickup is FL and delivery is NJ, I don't think that is on schedule unless Aladdin's Magic Carpet is going to whisk it up to me. We shall see ...

Im totally hooked on your TR! :thumbsup2 It looks like youve really whittled down your list! :goodvibes those birthday invitations are ADORABLE! :wizard: I really love your creative costume idea! :love: it looks like you arent very far away from your adventure now!!

Sign me up. DH and I don't vacation well together and we're married. I can't imagine vacationing with him voluntarily if we were divorced. :rotfl: Good for you both that you can put aside your differences for the sake of the kids.

I'll be at WDW 8/30-9/6 and attending MNSSHP on 9/4 also. I'll keep an eye out for you while we're there.

Your list is coming along great - not much longer!

Where can you rent lenses? I might have to look in to that!

You are getting so close to going. I wish I had half of the energy and organization that you have and have two young children to boot. :worship:

I'll be at WDW 8/30-9/6 and attending MNSSHP on 9/4 also. I'll keep an eye out for you while we're there.

We will be there at the same time, but we're not doing MNSSHP - too bad! I am looking forward to looking out for LGMHs!!! Speaking of - I need to make sure I can find them!

:dance3: four more days!!! Hope your getting everything all set and not stressing!

Saw your title and I had to join in. Last summer, myself, my X and our 2 girls ages 6 & 3 did the Disney 15 day repo cruise to California with my parents. And we shared an inside cabin!!!! Everyone thought we were crazy, so I did a trip report on it too. We survived it but I was reminded why we divorced those vacation days. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has done something like this.
I'll look forward to reading about it and I'm cheering for you! :cheer2:

HI! Danielle, I probably won't be on here alot in the next 2 days but I just wanted to make sure I told you to have a Safe Trip! I'll see you on the 29th at the BWI Pool Party if not before! :thumbsup2

We will be there at the same time, but we're not doing MNSSHP - too bad! I am looking forward to looking out for LGMHs!!! Speaking of - I need to make sure I can find them!

Hi Jess. Maybe our paths will cross during our trips. Enjoy and I'll be looking out for your LGMH!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter