• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DisneySeas – Look At Disney Getting It Right

Voice, DCA crowds were significant during my stay but Soarin' never had wait times more than 60 minutes and both sides were being run everytime I rode it (4 times)...Screamin had fluctuating lines of 20-50 (never saw the one hour mark).

I'm sorry if I sounded elitist in my remarks, but I truly am not a crowd type person. My sole exception to this rule is WDW where I will do the 'controlled mayhem' that they do so well. Remember I live in a town of 12,000. We have one road in and out, I don't own shoes other than sneakers & flip-flops & I had to buy long pants for my trip out west...So I'm not being snobby, I'm just uncomfortable around lots and lots of people...
:cool: :cool: :bounce: :cool: :cool:

Mr Pirate,
I understand your crowd aversion. We were at Disneyland the week after Easter this year. I have never experienced crowds like that before. Fantasy land was so packed, you could not see the street for alll the people. You litterally had to muscle your way through the crowds by pushing and shoving if you wanted to get anywhere. It was horrible. I will never return at that time of year again.

California MisAdventure was another story. The place felt empty. Still, the lines for Soaring were over 2 hours (they were only running one side) and Screamin was over an hour.

Crowds at DCA are deceiving. Remember annual passports give you entrance to DCA for the price of entering Disneyland for a year. So 500,000 annual pass holders get in free. There are many deals for So. Cal residents to get into DCA. Adults get in for $35. Children are free. etc... Then there are the multi day ticktets. VERY FEW PEOPLE ARE PAYING $45 to enter the park. This has been going on practically since day 1. So a lot of people at DCA means a lot of people are enjoying the park for free or little money.

Just some perspective on DCA crowds.

Larry

I'm going to wait for Disney to build a US version of Disney Sea at WDW; I think I will live that long. (Hey, I waited 35 years for Lord of the Rings to be made into a decent movie!)

Anyway, it's our turn! Tokyo and Paris just got pretty good new parks, and if one is to believe people on this thread, we get the short straw with DCA.

Anyway, it's our turn! Tokyo and Paris just got pretty good new parks, and if one is to believe people on this thread, we get the short straw with DCA.

From what I've seen of the new Paris park, I'd say they got the short straw, not Anaheim.

DisneySea looks AWESOME!!! Now that's how you do a theme park RIGHT!! This puts DCA to shame!! Why can't WE have DisneySea here in the states??

Check out this website for video clips of the rides at DisneySea

www.barrybedford.com

King Triton:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Pirate has a very good point.

There has been a lot of negative talk with hours cut in WDW that Disney is charging full price thus less value. This is when most accounts show that actual ride time has increased.

If that is the case in TDS that the lines are so long you can only ride a few attractions are they reducing rates or comping free days?

Then for those of you who say it is supply and demand then you can not fault WDW for doing the same with thier hotels and parks in the 90s during the 'growth' period.

You can not make one argument in the WDW case and not in TDS.

So are the doomsdayers going to now start bashing TDS that it is not a good value and costs too much ......

Just trying to follow the logic trail.

As a side note I would love Disney to keep up a strategy for other companies to pay for the design and implementation of an attraction BUT THEN copy it in the states. I would imagine the cost would be lower due to the design and bugs being worked out. Does anyone know if ODC has exclusive rights to the attractions for any period of time in the contract???

From what I can see even one clone in The Living Seas would breath life into Epcot with MS and Test Track.

Dave O.

Just as info. caught this on yahoo Disney board.

Though Disney’s Imagineering still had the creative capabilities to be able to create Tokyo DisneySea for the Oriental Land Company (Disney didn’t pay for any of that park).

This is a very very small excerpt of the post.

Dave, I don't think anyone would say that 2 hour lines in a domestic park wouldn't be an issue. If that were to occur, certainly there would be calls for Disney to address the issue.

What everyone is saying (or at least me), is that's a much better problem to have than the problem Disney is actually facing. 2 hour lines at least means the people WANT to see what Disney has built.

Nobody has a problem with Disney building parks or even resorts, provided

1- There is a demand. It appears there is sufficient overall demand to sustain at least the current number of Disney domestic parks and resorts.

2- The parks and resorts live-up to the Disney standards. Those who lament the newer WDW resorts do so mostly because they feel the resorts don't live up to this standard, though there is some significant disagreement on the subject. There is little disagreement however, that DCA does NOT live up to this standard. To a lesser degree, the same applies to AK. The proof is in the turnstyles. AK has had disappointing attendance, and DCA has been an attendance disaster.

Anyone who is feeling down about the current state of the company should take a look at it to remind you about what Disney can still accomplish when they have good management.
Uh no! It is when they have other people's money!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter