• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I booked it on April 16. I also made reservations for the YC for Feb 2025 with no problems. I thought I would have trouble booking the CL H2O view because its 14 days for October and February.

I guess i got lucky.

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Booked for September 11-15th this year at YC. Interested to see what happens and if they are remodeling/refurbing YC. Hopefully they’ll alert us sooner than later if there are any changes.

EDIT: removed/replaced wording to better suit a rehab/refurb. :-)

Last edited:

Where are you getting that they may close YC?
Go back to post 42,861, which said this:

"I just checked & can find not even 1 reservation for any room at YC from July 21 to November 18."

and the posts immediately following.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...ion-questions.3400342/page-2144#post-65452339

Editing: nobody said that YC will be closed. It's possible that it will be refurbished, which will result in some rooms being unavailable while they work on it. We have not heard anything definite yet. They might have temporarily blocked rooms from being reserved while they figure out what they're going to do.

Last edited:
🤦🏻‍♀️ I never meant to imply they will close YC. They don’t close the whole resort if they do a room remodel/ rehab. “If” they are doing a remodel, they may just be getting a handle on room inventory, since they will have halls of rooms out of service. Maybe we should just forget I said anything……

I can't imagine they would have any major closures at YC. They have already done some major remodeling to the bathrooms. They also have nice closet systems. The YC rooms already have the platform beds and vinyl flooring. The rooms are much nicer at the Yacht Club than they are at the Beach Club, and the BC just finished their refurbishing. So, even though I am only guessing, the most the YC would probably do is a soft goods refurb, nothing major. :)

🤦🏻‍♀️ I never meant to imply they will close YC. They don’t close the whole resort if they do a room remodel/ rehab. “If” they are doing a remodel, they may just be getting a handle on room inventory, since they will have halls of rooms out of service. Maybe we should just forget I said anything……
Fault of mine - I should have used a better word than 'closing'. I understand how a remodel/rehab works. Sorry if I alerted anyone by saying closing, ha!

For record - it is also being discussed in FB groups, so you weren't the one to sound the alarm for many I assume. Many are speculating about why the inventory is being pulled right now.

Fault of mine - I should have used a better word than 'closing'. I understand how a remodel/rehab works. Sorry if I alerted anyone by saying closing, ha!

For record - it is also being discussed in FB groups, so you weren't the one to sound the alarm for many I assume. Many are speculating about why the inventory is being pulled right now.

Thanks! I’m not on FB so had no idea other places noticed too. Maybe I’m not the only one who thinks it’s more than just a glitch.

The only thing that I heard refurbing about was the YC CL lounge but they don't know when it will be done. It was supposed to be done in April-May timeframe but it was canceled for that time. The cast member didn't know when it was going to be done.

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:

IKR! We haven’t used the pool the last 2 years coz we’re old. I keep saying it’s just not worth the effort to drag a bathing suit on anymore. :crazy2::rotfl2:I’ve been thinking if a lot of people avoid Y & B early next year, maybe they’ll offer a great discount. I could do without the pool for a 40% off sale. :lmao:

I won't lie, this was actually the first thing I thought of when they announced they were extending the SAB closure. I really enjoy shorter stays at BC/YC, like on a weekend getaway, and I prefer the quiet pool anyway!

Captain’s Villas at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort debuting soon.

:stir:😇

I’ve wondered more than once if they’ll squeeze DVC units in there. I bet they wish they had moved the convention center across the road instead of enlarging it there. They could have put another 5 stories there no problem. Hmmm, you think they could add a couple floors on top of it? 😉

Hmm do you think the conversion to Captain’s Villas at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort DVC will open before of after the Cake Bake Shop opens at the BoardWalk? :chat: :offtopic:

Dave

1. Captain’s Villas at Disney’s Yacht Club.
2. Magical express returns
3. Free fast pass returns.
4. Jesus returns, on the Magical Express of course. (Jesus is coming, look busy!)
5. Corn dog hut.
6. The sun burns out
1,647,846. Cake Bake shop opens, but construction is still not complete, so it's just a cupcake tent.

~NM

Considering the discussion of Disney's recent ridiculous timelines for construction/projects, how confident would you all be in booking at YC/BC for the first week of July next year and having SAB actually reopened? I know the current time frame is refurb finishing up in June, but any sort of delay potentially messes us up. I can't imagine a trip without spending at least part of the time in the Epcot resort area (our favorite), but I also can't imagine a trip in July with no feature pool. Considering the idea of booking across the way at BW, but the pool there is likely to be overrun with displaced Y&B folks if SAB is still closed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter