Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

It's the "B" side that is being worked on. The "A" side, where Southwest operates, still has the two trams running every few minutes. I have never seen kids create a disturbance on the trams.

I didn't mean to suggest that the kid would be an annoyance to the adults. I thought the cranky adults would be an annoyance to the kid.

It's the "B" side that is being worked on. The "A" side, where Southwest operates, still has the two trams running every few minutes. I have never seen kids create a disturbance on the trams.

I don't suppose security will like it much. They'll notice you going backwards and forwards as they open the tensabarrier for you

There was only one sign of disruption for construction otherwise we barely noticed and definitely didn't hear anything. My only issue was halfway through I decided to do laundry. Laundry was down because of construction but they said to go to BC. I didn't realize it was practically in Epcot! . And when I got there only one washing machine/one dryer was working and my dryer quit working before all my clothes were completely dry. Not fun!

The Yacht Club has a small laundry room near their secret exit, by the marina. Here is a link to the laundry view app which shows you if the washers and dryers are available. I have found this to save a lot of time and footsteps. :)

http://www.laundryview.com/disneyworld/

I plan to look at the room map, but any suggestions of general areas/ rooms to request to reduce daily walking distance to lobby/ pool/ bus or boat for "Grandma"? She is stubborn and refuses the idea of renting a scooter, so I'd like to be able to at least reduce her general walking distance at start and end of day if I can. We currently have a garden/woods view booked.
There are some garden view rooms in the volleyball courtyard which would be convenient and close to the lobby. :)

Last edited:
FYI used the Minnie van service today from BC. Booked it on app car was already there. Was quick friendly and worth the 20 bucks as it dropped us at bus stop at MK and we made rd no problem. Happy with it
Do you add a tip when you pay for the ride?

FYI used the Minnie van service today from BC. Booked it on app car was already there. Was quick friendly and worth the 20 bucks as it dropped us at bus stop at MK and we made rd no problem. Happy with it
I wonder how much in demand they will be at park closing after FW show....that's when I think I would be most interested in it!

Hi all. Finally back from our Florida vacation which included a few nights at YC CL. We had such a great time! Hadn't stayed at YC since 2006. Some observations from our trip.

Beds were very comfortable, although at first I was worried they were a tad soft. Yes, they are high, but I like a high bed. I'm 5'2" and had no problems getting on or off and we had zero issues with bed sliding around on the platform. Kids didn't either. My DD13 was on the daybed which was a bit hard, not as comfortable as the BWI one my sister was on in April. But she was so tired she didn't say a word after the first five minutes on it and slept well every night.

I was mostly concerned about the thermostat and lack of ceiling fans. We are from New England and like to sleep cold and I was already nervous about wdw in July (we usually have gone in October). I had planned on at least asking for a box fan when we arrived but we were FREEZING. We were cozy while we slept but temp definitely didn't rise even though no movement.

There was only one sign of disruption for construction otherwise we barely noticed and definitely didn't hear anything. My only issue was halfway through I decided to do laundry. Laundry was down because of construction but they said to go to BC. I didn't realize it was practically in Epcot! . And when I got there only one washing machine/one dryer was working and my dryer quit working before all my clothes were completely dry. Not fun!

Transportation was wonderful! Zero complaints. Walk to Epcot, bus came to-from MK within minutes. We drove to AK, boat to HS with little wait

CL was a nice add, although I prefer the BWI one I did in the spring. I was also disappointed that they didn't put a big bottle of Dasani in the room like BWI did. Zero bottle water at all in fact, whereas at BWI they gave us as much as we wanted for our room and the parks.

Will be happy to answer any questions!
MTEMM - Can you elaborate more on the food offerings in the Club Lounge and also what the hours were like? I've heard reports of the Lounge closing several times during day?? Thanks!

The Yacht Club has a small laundry room near their secret exit, by the marina. Here is a link to the laundry view app which shows you if the washers and dryers are available. I have found this to save a lot of time and footsteps. :)

http://www.laundryview.com/laundry_room.php?lr=1234569522

There are some garden view rooms in the volleyball courtyard which would be convenient and close to the lobby. :)

Yes but laundry room was closed due to construction

MTEMM - Can you elaborate more on the food offerings in the Club Lounge and also what the hours were like? I've heard reports of the Lounge closing several times during day?? Thanks!

Breakfast, snacks, and desserts were pretty much the same daily. For breakfast lots of fruit, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, oatmeal and toppings, grits, cereals, some cheeses and meats, bagels, bread, and a variety of pastries. The pastries varied daily. Juices, tea, coffee, milk, chocolate milk. We ate breakfast daily and really ate well so it held us nicely all morning.

Snacks were simple. Chips, hummus and veggies, sugar/oatmeal/and chocolate chip cookies. Chocolate covered cranberries, gummy bears, yogurt covered pretzels, trail mix. Lemonade, a specialty drink I can't think of the name of, sodas, teas, coffee.

We were only around for 2 apps. One we ate at had this amazing pork and polenta. I swear I don't remember anything else I was so enamored of it. Lol. The kids remember pbj shooters and rolls, chicken nuggets. There was a chicken Waldorf salad, a faro salad, and a few other sides. The other night we were there we stopped just to grab some wine before heading to Yachtsman for dinner so didn't try anything. I remember seeing beef and potatoes. Not much help otherwise.

Desserts were pretty much the same nightly. Mini cupcakes, panacotta, a flourless chocolate bite, cookies, brownies, a Rice Krispie treat.

Wines, beers, cordials, sangria for apps and desserts.

I may be forgetting some stuff and didn't get any pics sadly.

ETA hours. Dh went looking for coffee at 6:30 and said it was dark, nothing available. He made due with the in room coffee. Don't know if that was only the first day. We hit breakfast at 7 when they opened. I don't remember the other hours but think they are on the first page link for CL info on this thread. If the lounge closed I never noticed because we were out and about

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter