Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We'll be there for the 4th of July festivities. :beach: or maybe this will be a more appropriate smilie :umbrella:

I planned a mostly BC day after a quick trip to Animal Kingdom to ride Flight of Passage. :) DH wants to spend a lot of time hanging out a Storm Along Bay on this trip. :)
We are there for the 4th too! If you see someone chasing 2 people in ECV's wearing a button celebrating "Being Goofy", that's me! We are going for Illuminations, but may check out some of these activities before going to the park.

I am also concerned with the construction noise, especially from the BC garden view rooms that are closest to the construction site. And I'm not too crazy about the increase of people using the International Gateway. Disney should add more bag check and touch post lanes.

But if this new gondola will take people back and forth from the International Gateway and Hollywood Studios, then that would be nice. Does anyone know if that is what they are planning?

My big concern is the IG as well. No way the current turnstiles will handle the additional traffic. From my experience if you are not one of the first people there it can get backed up really quickly.

Does it generally mean that by the time bus gets to BC, it might be full?
We went during a generally slower week last year in September, so that may have something to do with it, but we stayed at BC and not once were the buses full from YC being picked up first. The entire week we never had to stand on the buses. Of all of our trips to WDW, we actually thought the buses and transportation as whole, was the best at BC.

Good morning, everyone. And speaking of construction....

Since the new gondola pad is now beginning work between BC and the International Gateway, is anyone else worried about the noise factor? We were hoping for a woods view room for our fall visit, as the last time we had one of those rooms, it seemed quieter. I love to sit and watch the birds with coffee in the morning, and MAYBE catch a glimpse of Illuminations at night, but starting to re-think my logic a bit, since the construction is just on the other side of those woods....Gondola Pad - Beach Club.JPG

Where is the Yacht Club bus stop? We're staying at the Beach Club and may walk over to Yacht Club in the mornings to catch the bus to be assured of a seat. I think somebody said you can't walk to Yacht Club bus stop from the Beach Club bus stop because of construction, so you would have to go past Cape May and walk along the walkway by Stormalong Bay to get to the Yacht Club. After entering the Yacht Club lobby, is it just outside the front doors?

We are there for the 4th too! If you see someone chasing 2 people in ECV's wearing a button celebrating "Being Goofy", that's me! We are going for Illuminations, but may check out some of these activities before going to the park.
I'll be on the lookout for you. We will be watching Illuminations, too, but it might be from outside of the park. I've read that they add five minutes of fireworks to the end of Illuminations and those fireworks would be visible from the resort. :)

Good morning, everyone. And speaking of construction....

Since the new gondola pad is now beginning work between BC and the International Gateway, is anyone else worried about the noise factor? We were hoping for a woods view room for our fall visit, as the last time we had one of those rooms, it seemed quieter. I love to sit and watch the birds with coffee in the morning, and MAYBE catch a glimpse of Illuminations at night, but starting to re-think my logic a bit, since the construction is just on the other side of those woods....
The room we stayed at in May is in that section you have labeled "woods view". It was the third dormer roof from the left and we could hear a lot of general noise from Epcot, including the British Revolution. I know that it will be noisy if there is construction at the International Gateway.

After entering the Yacht Club lobby, is it just outside the front doors?
You go through the lobby doors and stay to the left. You can't miss the bus stop, it isn't very far away from the doors. :)

[QUOTE=" You go through the lobby doors and stay to the left. You can't miss the bus stop, it isn't very far away from the doors. :)[/QUOTE]

So the Yacht Club bus stop is closer to the lobby than the Beach Club bus stop is from its front entrance?

This warning goes back as far as 2007 when we were staying (gasp!) off property. I was picking up some friends who'd had a late dinner at California Grill, and when I pulled up just after midnight, and told the gatekeeper I was there to pick up friends finishing dinner, he said "Try again....all restaurants are closed." Well, I had to beg and plead, and he called over to the CG (apparently I don't have a trustworthy face) and I was told "You have 3 minutes to pass through this gate in the opposite direction, and I have your licence plate already noted." Sheesh.

I actually don't get upset or offended when things like this happen. I take it the same as when CM's heavily enforce the entrance to SAB. Those on the Lagoon pay for the experience and I'm sure they and the CM's don't want everyone and their cousin dropping in to watch the fireworks from the beach with them, etc.

Depending on how the construction and crowds go, this could very well affect our resort decisions in the future. YC/BC has always been our home away from home, and one of the main reasons was the easy access to Epcot via the IG. If that starts becoming a backed-up mess from all the other resorts piling in there, we'll probably start changing our plans accordingly.

I'll be on the lookout for you. We will be watching Illuminations, too, but it might be from outside of the park. I've read that they add five minutes of fireworks to the end of Illuminations and those fireworks would be visible from the resort. :)

I love the extras that they add to the end of the show. It gives you an extra surge of patriotism!

I have some very, very sad news to share.

Last week, my dear friend Rebecca (HockeymomR), passed away. She was diagnosed with a brain tumor shortly after returning from a family trip to the Beach Club in August 2016. Throughout all of her treatments, she was brave and strong and had a positive spirit. Her mantra was "Just Keep Swimming", and she always had a smile on her face, no matter what struggles she faced.

She was a frequent poster here on the Beach Club FAQ forum for more than a decade, always willing to provide helpful info, a picture and friendship to others.

She had many "Disney friends" who were an important part of her life and who will miss her immensely.

I was fortunate to share two trips to the Beach Club with her as one of her roommates. Our friendship extended beyond our mutual interest in Disney. We spent the past few months frequently talking about our day, sharing pictures, exchanging encouragement and love.

The world has lost a very kind soul.

While she was in hospice for her final days, I wrote a letter about our friendship and emailed it to Rebecca and her husband. I wanted to explain how much Rebecca means to me and why. It was healing for me to write about how our deep bond developed throughout the years.

I have added the tribute to Rebecca in the Orange Banded Monkey trip report. That is probably the best place for any remembrances or condolences you want to share.

:grouphug:
I am so sorry

I keep getting info messed up so I thought I would double check and ask. I'll be there third week in Sept. Is the bus stop for BC under construction or moved? Do we all take the one at YC? And can anyone tell me what time the buses for BC/YC start running? I've got an 8:15am ADR in animal kingdom. Thanks!

I keep getting info messed up so I thought I would double check and ask. I'll be there third week in Sept. Is the bus stop for BC under construction or moved? Do we all take the one at YC? And can anyone tell me what time the buses for BC/YC start running? I've got an 8:15am ADR in animal kingdom. Thanks!

No, the Beach Club bus stop is not currently under construction. I have not heard anything indicating that there is upcoming work on the BC or YC bus stop. There is a refurbishment of the Convention Center happening now, and that impacts the YC parking lot area and the resort bus route, I believe, when the bus travels between the two resorts.

When I was out at the bus stop to check for early morning buses in August 2015, I saw buses for both MK (9 am open) and AK (8 am open) shortly after 6:30 am- I wrote about it in a post I have linked in the first post on Page 1 (search "Bus Stop Babe").

:car:

I've been away from this board for a while (just too busy) but we were at BC in February for my birthday (working on a trip report: 40 attractions to celebrate my 40th birthday https://www.disboards.com/threads/4...ay-a-feb-2017-beach-club-trip-report.3614916/) and have great pics of our 2 bedroom suite. Not sure where to post them here but happy to share. They are on the trip report now.

Also thrilled to announce that we will be back this summer! We are splitting a stay with poly & BC and will be at BC Aug 17-23 in a standard view CL room. Yay!!!

Congratulations!!! YAY!!!
Good to know that thy send these to AP holders! Since I go fairly often, I had given up hope of ever getting one again...

We go every year as AP holders and it seems the past 3 years we were sent a pin code to use!! Finally a give back for the people that go to Disney every year- I guess they want us to keep coming back!!

Maybe you will be getting a pin code too- one can only hope!!

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

I've been away from this board for a while (just too busy) but we were at BC in February for my birthday (working on a trip report: 40 attractions to celebrate my 40th birthday https://www.disboards.com/threads/4...ay-a-feb-2017-beach-club-trip-report.3614916/) and have great pics of our 2 bedroom suite. Not sure where to post them here but happy to share. They are on the trip report now.

Also thrilled to announce that we will be back this summer! We are splitting a stay with poly & BC and will be at BC Aug 17-23 in a standard view CL room. Yay!!!

:welcome: back!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Thank you so much for the heads up on your trip report. I'll check it out, and if you don't mind, could I add a link on Page 1, Post 16, where I include review and trip report info?

Also, I would love it if you would add your pictures of the 2BR Suite here:

Beach Club Deluxe, Suites, VP and Presidential Rooms

:thanks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter