Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Does anyone have experience with getting a cot in the villas? We originally were booked in a wlv studio and was planning on using the murphy bed. Because we were moved to a bcv studio now i need to either pack an air mattress or see what options there are. I know i have read people say the resorst dont have them anymore, but cant hurt to ask!
Jenny

We were there the last week of August - the only issue we had with anything at all at Beach Club was bus transportation to MK. The first morning we waited half an hour before they sent extra buses - apparently the MK bus had filled up at Yacht Club and had no room so didn't come to BC. The next MK day wasn't much better. We decided next year that on our MK days we'll walk over to YC and catch the bus from there :) The ride wasn't too long, and the bus back was generally a short wait.

Thank you! That is the same week we were there, but we were at the Poly for the majority of the trip and getting to MK was not a problem, even with the sketchiness that is the monorail's operation ;)... but the BC has SAB and that might be enough to sway the kids there next year! Thanks for the tip about getting the bus from YC :D

While at the BC we did AK and MK once each. On our AK day the lines for the MK bus were insane. Tons of people.

A bus came about 15 minutes of being there and left tons of people that couldn't fit on the bus. Then it took a while for another bus to come. This was at about 815 am. It also took a while for our AK bus to come. We didn't get to AK until 9 am. So about 50 minutes of bus waiting and the ride.

Another day we went to MK around 10. Much smoother wait and ride to MK. Almost an empty bus.

The DD bus was about an hour I heard someone say. That was at 10 am.

This is disappointing to read. One of the things we love about going to WDW is that we don't have to drive anyway because Disney offers transportation everywhere we want to go. But! I am a terribly impatient waiter, and we like to be at MK first thing...hmmm.

Your post has brought back so many memories ...

In October of 1995, my two granddaughters (then 9 and 6), my grandson (then 5) and my daughter and I were in a room at The Beach Club just down the hall from where you're staying now (facing the Quiet Pool). For the trip we'd purchased a large (and, according to my grandson, very comfy) tandem stroller. And in the very last, and very late, hour of our very last day at Disney World we parked the stroller just outside The American Adventure and went inside to watch the show that we'd chosen (along with the IllumiNations presentation following it) to be our perfect ending to what had been a truly magical visit.

And, we'd shopped that day. The stroller was full of gifts for the folks back home, a set of caricatures of the children that we'd had done in Liberty Square. mugs from The Liberty Square Restaurant, the Grand Floridian giftbox that had held my new double-faced (Mickey and Minnie) watch (but that by then held only the receipt for it and my old - and far less expensive - one), and my grandson's (and, before it was his, my granddughter's) tattered and much-beloved Winnie the Pooh blankie.

I have no idea what made my daughter and I so careless. Other than the fact that we were in Disney World and it just never entered our minds that its guests might steal from one another. But, when we walked back onto the Showcase, the stroller, and everything in it, were gone. So, our IllumiNations was spent with several of the Park's security personnel. And my grandson's were not the only tears cried that night. It was as though the thief had just taken the last nine days, crumbled them into a hateful ball, and flung them in our faces.

The next morning, our room phone rang early. Security had found the stroller. Abandoned in an Epcot restroom. The gifts, the mugs and the Grand Floridian box were not with it. The caricatures were no longer fit for framing. But Pooh was there. And that was all that mattered.

Security was holding the stroller at the front entrance to Epcot. And our Magical Express to the airport was due within the hour. But, somehow, my daughter made it there and back.

The stroller made one more trip (with us) to Disney World. And I think it was some time before my grandson finally began sleeping without Pooh. At least, I suppose he's stopped sleeping with that dear ol' bear by now. Surely ... :)

And I have always hoped, passionately, that there is someone walking around with a cheap Mickey Mouse watch that he or she thinks is worth a great many more dollars than it actually is.

So, I so want you to get that call from Security/Lost and Found, too. And I so hope that the rest of your trip is as magical as it should be.

gg
Thank you for your understanding words! We checked out of Beach Club yesterday and are back with family in Orlando. Lost and Found has not called and I have given up hope. DD has had a rough few nights but we're all surviving. This one loss and my over planning really had a negative effect on this trip. The magic can't happen when you are constantly running to an ADR or park hopping to get to a FP. You live and learn:)

Last edited:
I appreciate hearing everyone's experiences with the buses. It is certainly an important issue and I would love to encourage anyone who has had problems with the timing/frequency of the buses at the resort to write to Disney and the resort management so that they are aware that this is impacting guest satisfaction during your stays. Include specifics like dates and time of day.

I have the contact info listed on Page 1 of the thread, but I will post it here as well.

email wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

or send a letter to:
Walt Disney World Guest Communications
Executive Offices
Post Office Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-0040

When you write or email, please include your name, address, phone number and email address.

If it is a comment specific to the Yacht & Beach Club, you can write to the General Manager of the resort (perhaps copy Guest Communications as well):

Mim Flynn, General Manager
Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts
1800 EPCOT Resort Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

:thumbsup2

Thanks for that info. What time in the morning? Right at park opening? A little before or after?

We always go to the early extra magic hours at MK, so we are at the bus stop at 7:30 and there usually isn't an issue, but I have been curious what it is like later than that.

:goodvibes:

Before park opening - 8:20 or so. Bus didn't get there until closer to 9.

Before park opening - 8:20 or so. Bus didn't get there until closer to 9.

Thanks. Ugh! That would have frustrated me.

If you can, please share your experiences with Disney Guest Communications and Beach Club management. They should know that the problems/delays you had getting to the Magic Kingdom were the biggest downside of your Beach Club stay.

::yes::

Does anyone have experience with getting a cot in the villas? We originally were booked in a wlv studio and was planning on using the murphy bed. Because we were moved to a bcv studio now i need to either pack an air mattress or see what options there are. I know i have read people say the resorst dont have them anymore, but cant hurt to ask!
Jenny

DVC Villas do not allow cots or roll away beds. You will need to pack a air mattress

Jenny

No cots for the villas.

Lost and Found has not called and I have given up hope. DD has had a rough few nights but we're all surviving.

Many years back, I bought a hat as soon as I arrived in the Magic Kingdom, and then went on Splash Mountain. Wouldn't you know, the hat flew off my head on Splash Mountain. I reported it to Lost and Found. A long time after I returned from my trip, I received a package. I opened it up and there was my hat! It had a big grease mark on it. Anyway, they never called me to let me know that they had found it, they just shipped it back to me.

thanks for that info! Stinks that we would have had sep sleeping areas in the other studio. I know many frown upon that murphy bed installed in some studios but it worked for us. Will pack the air mattress!

Today I discovered that I could connect my TA booking to my DME account. After the initial excitement I've discovered my dates are my original booking and not our new dates. Ugh. I have wine and I am fine. Tomorrow is Sunday and I am having an early birthday celebration. I can chill until Monday, when harsh words will be had. VERY harsh words. WORDS I cannot post on this wonderful thread.

I've decided to surprise my son and book a couple extra nights at the end of our spring break trip so he can try out SAB, its the only thing he is asking to do. We are booked in a standard view room. What room requests should I make in order to make it convenient for us to get to and from the pool area.
Thanks!

I've decided to surprise my son and book a couple extra nights at the end of our spring break trip so he can try out SAB, its the only thing he is asking to do. We are booked in a standard view room. What room requests should I make in order to make it convenient for us to get to and from the pool area.
Thanks!

"Close to pool/lobby, please"

:goodvibes:

Hi all... counting down the days, 6 to go! :-)

I'm taking the DME to the YC, but my parents are driving. I've never driven to a WDW resort, I've always taken the DME. Where do you park when you go to check in? Is it a long walk? If so, I'll ask my dad to drop my mom off by the lobby. Thanks!

He can pull up under the porch and let her and the luggage out then either go park the car or have it valet parked. It is $20/day to valet park. I've always valet parked but I'm pretty sure the self parking is then over in the area where you drive in on the left. Not really far but might be too far to drag the luggage. I think there is a resort map at the beginning of this thread.

He can pull up under the porch and let her and the luggage out then either go park the car or have it valet parked. It is $20/day to valet park. I've always valet parked but I'm pretty sure the self parking is then over in the area where you drive in on the left. Not really far but might be too far to drag the luggage. I think there is a resort map at the beginning of this thread.

Thanks, that helps! I looked at the resort map and at Google maps, there are a few parking lots around - I wasn't sure which one is for guests and which ones might be for CMs.

They'll be arriving in the morning, so I suggested that they wait to bring in the luggage in case their room isn't ready.

With a wave to Ocalla (who loves Villains) and to Beth (who posted a picture of another wonderful Villains shirt from The Beach Club earlier in the week). Both of whom were scheduled to end their current stays in The World today:

I'm really looking forward to reading their comments about their vacations. I hope that they were ... spectacular!

We saw this shirt at the gift shop outside Pirates. It has pretty much all the villains, as best I can tell. I thought it was so cool. But it's A) white and I have four kids, and B) that back wouldn't work very well with a bra. Maybe I'll reach an age where that won't bother me, but that day is not today. Also, they didn't have my size. http://www.disneystore.com/disney-villains-long-sleeve-top-for-women/mp/1375429/1000228/

What a great shirt! And I could handle the sizes. And my children and grandchildren no longer seem to spill things on me quite so often as they once did ... :) So, the only dangers white poses for me are now usually self-inflicted. Too, the sleeves are a godsend. For me, for more reasons than just Florida's frigid indoor climes. But, I haven't yet arrived at the age that you've mentioned, either. And, at 72, I don't think that it's going to appear in my sadly-unmagical mirror anytime soon.

I suppose, though, that the shirt could be layered over a sleeveless white tank/camisole. It is almost too darned cute to pass up entirely.

And speaking of Villains and cute ...

Below is a collection of several of Disney's more prominent delinquents imagined as perfume bottles. I found them by following the links in Momofmikey's post to the Strategies board. That led to Cartoon Brew's site. And, ultimately, to the artist's - Ruby Spark's - page

On the left is my family (including me) as I imagine us as Villains ... distilled, bottled and shelved. My grandson (who this board has now met) is on the right ... :) Further to the right is the remainder of the collection. And I've deliberately postponed labeling them (you'll find the lists in very small print at the bottom of this post) because I thought that some of the members might like to try their hand at indentifying the individual nefarious characters sans a cheat sheet. And at assembling their own fictitious fiendish families.

DisneyBottlesFamily6_zpsp34wqej1.jpg
DisneyBottlesCollection2_zpsapj8fo6s.jpg

Note: It is obvious, isn't it, that I'm going to have way too much Disney time on my hands between now and October, 2016? But, wouldn't it be wonderful if Ruby Spark's beautiful bottles actually ... existed? In a Beach Club shop?

gg

Our Villainous Family: Captain Hook, Ursula, The Queen of Hearts, Cruella and Jafar
The Rest of The Wicked/Top Row: Scar and Prince John, Madame Medusa, Gaston, Yzma, Hades and Mother Gothel
The Rest of The Wicked/Bottom Row: Doctor Facilier, Claude Frollo, Governor Ratcliffe, Lady Tremaine, Maleficient, Gideon, Foulfellow and The Evil Queen

Last edited:
Thanks, that helps! I looked at the resort map and at Google maps, there are a few parking lots around - I wasn't sure which one is for guests and which ones might be for CMs.

They'll be arriving in the morning, so I suggested that they wait to bring in the luggage in case their room isn't ready.

They can still unload the luggage when they arrive. Bell Services will hold it for them. When their room is ready, they can call Bell Services to bring it up to the room. It's very convenient.

Thank you for your understanding words! We checked out of Beach Club yesterday and are back with family in Orlando. Lost and Found has not called and I have given up hope. DD has had a rough few nights but we're all surviving. This one loss and my over planning really had a negative effect on this trip. The magic can't happen when you are constantly running to an ADR or park hopping to get to a FP. You live and learn:)

You're very welcome. I only wish that I could be of some help ...

Would your daughter accept a new blanket? I thought that if you are going to be in Orlando for a few days, you might call Disney's Guest Relations Department and ask if it is possible to arrange a time for her favorite Magic Kingdom personality to present her with a brand new, and very special, Disney World Character Blanket.

ETA: You could provide the blanket, if Guest Relations doesn't offer to do so, and Disney would then only need to arrange a limited admission to Magic Kindom for your family and special passes to a visit with her favorite magical being. And that is just the sort of thing that WDW does so well.

The folks that you would need to talk to will be in on Monday morning ... :)

As for living and learning ...

The alternative - to live without learning - would be, I suspect, so much more challenging.

I am so sorry that things did not turn out as you would have liked during this trip. But I'll bet that the next one will be all the better for it. And, as Best Aunt has pointed out, there is yet hope that your little girl's companion will show up with the mail one day.

Best wishes ...

gg

Last edited:

Here is a bigger map that might help http://allears.net/acc/ResortMaps/Yacht&Beach.pdf

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter