Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

It is surrounding the grass area before the gateway entrance.

I have lots of memories of that area being used for multiple purposes. I remember before the Boardwalk was built there used to be a tram from the YC/BC that dropped guests off in that area to go to Epcot. I remember in the early days of the F & W festival large tents were set up there for a "beer garden" and I remember it being totally planted, with herbs I think, For the Flower and Garden festival. I always enjoyed walking by that area as I approached the International Gateway from the BCV.
It will be interesting to see how this area develops now.

Here is a question and I am sure it's a no because it's the BC. My one sister lives in FL and would easily come up to visit on our arrival day, if I asked could she get a guest pass for the pool? I am thinking no since it's "the pool of pools". I could ask and they could say yes or I could ask and they could say no.

We asked ahead of time for my aunt who was joining us for a day of relaxation while staying at YC. They said she could use the quiet pool with us. But the main pool was totally empty that day (early december so probably not warm enough for some) so they just ended up letting her into the main pool--- I wouldnt count on it though because they can be strict at times.

I am really having some trouble making a decision on staying here for 7 nights or splitting my stay half at the Contemporary Resort. I can't look past how close the CR is to MK where I imagine we'll be spending the most time.

This is exactly what we are doing next trip! Initially I booked a magical deal at the Contemporary garden wing for five days. The walk is SO easy with kids, and I thought it would be great for the Halloween Party and leaving MK at night. Plus my husband hasnt stayed there yet. But some time later I decided to change jobs so I have a couple weeks off and figured I'd extend the trip. So i added three nights at Beach Club at the beginning of our trip (club level, yippee!), since my husband still has to work my mom is joining us for that small portion. We are just going to hang out at the resort, though maybe I'll pop over to Epcot for some shopping or to ride SOARIN' (we have APs). Best of both worlds in my opinion! I prefer Beach club for the pool and ambiance, it's a great resort with a relaxing feels.... but contemporary is SO convenient for MK and the rooms are bigger and fit our family better. Split stays are fun! DIsney will move your luggage for you! (but dont expect to see it until evening--- they are slow!)

Dee, could you add my stay to Be Our Guest list?
BC CL 11/26-12/2
Thanks!! Great work on this board! So helpful!
:flower1:

Does it generally mean that by the time bus gets to BC, it might be full?

Not really... we've stayed at the BC over 20 times and have never had an issue with the bus being full from the YC (we usually go mid May or mid December). However, we have noticed a lot more people at the BC bus stop during our last few trips (like multiple bus loads waiting at once).

This happened to us a couple of times during our trip in May. We generally only had a problem with the Magic Kingdom buses in the morning. One morning we got to the bus stop and there were at least 50 people waiting for the MK bus. We decided to powerwalk to the YC and catch the bus. We got there just in time and were the only people on the bus at the YC. We loaded up a full bus at the BC and the bus stop was still swamped as we pulled away.

My advice: if the BC bus stop is busy, check the monitor with the bus arrival times and decide if you have time to walk to the YC. Also, try to beat the MK morning rush by catching the bus at 8:00 AM or earlier for a 9:00 AM open.

I have a dilemma. Right now I have a Yacht Club room booked with an annual Passholder discount. I really want a king bed and have yet to have that request ever fulfilled at a hotel at Disney yet. I was considering switching to the Beach Club villas one-bedroom where I'll get my king. But the price of the room is over double and my boyfriend thinks we should save the money and stay put where we are. I've never stayed at either and I'm a little nervous about the construction also happening at the Yacht Club. Any advice?

Thanks for the pictures! Would you mind if I added them to the Yacht Club Room View thread? Do you remember if the bedding was 2 Queens or a King bed?

Feel free to add them. It was a 2 queen room with daybed. I found some room pics, but I'm sure its a lot different now.

We probably took 1,000 pics during our week long stay....

I'm more concerned with construction noise and ugly views outside the resort itself from the rooms.

It seems lately no matter where you go there's construction happening in WDW. We just want a nice quiet relaxing vacation ..... it's not a huge request surely.... can't they quit changing stuff for one year so we can have an uninterrupted visit for a darned change!

They changed MK, then DTD to Disney Springs, and don't forget Pandora construction over at AK and now this and DHS is a mess too!! It's not what Walt would have wanted. I've got a feeling that the land around Bay Lake towards Fort Wilderness will be the next target for "enhancements" to take place. Wasn't that originally earmarked for guest resorts many years ago?

I'm more concerned with construction noise and ugly views outside the resort itself from the rooms.

I am also concerned with the construction noise, especially from the BC garden view rooms that are closest to the construction site. And I'm not too crazy about the increase of people using the International Gateway. Disney should add more bag check and touch post lanes.

But if this new gondola will take people back and forth from the International Gateway and Hollywood Studios, then that would be nice. Does anyone know if that is what they are planning?

They changed MK, then DTD to Disney Springs, and don't forget Pandora construction over at AK and now this and DHS is a mess too!! It's not what Walt would have wanted.

Really!!! How do you know? I believe keeping WDW current and updated is exactly what Walt would have wanted.

I am also concerned with the construction noise, especially from the BC garden view rooms that are closest to the construction site. And I'm not too crazy about the increase of people using the International Gateway. Disney should add more bag check and touch post lanes.

But if this new gondola will take people back and forth from the International Gateway and Hollywood Studios, then that would be nice. Does anyone know if that is what they are planning?

The Gondola plans that I have seen call for it to connect the International Gateway, DHS, CBR and on to POP and AoA. Lots of changes coming

Really!!! How do you know? I believe keeping WDW current and updated is exactly what Walt would have wanted.

The Gondola plans that I have seen call for it to connect the International Gateway, DHS, CBR and on to POP and AoA. Lots of changes coming
And about time, too, IMHO. They have neglected putting money into some transportation while building out Star Wars, Toy Story, etc. Hope Epcot gets some major love very soon too!

ETA: I'm thinking that Disney World is not the place to go for a relaxing vacation unless you plan to spend most of your time at the resort....we always come home exhausted and needing a vacation from our vacation!

I have a few questions about adding a guest for a night. My husband and I are staying with our two daughters, one night during the middle of the trip his brother wants to stay with us. Flights are much cheaper the next day, but that cost is negated isfhe has to pay for another night at his hotel. We are able to go to the front desk that day and add him for just the night, correct? Is the fee $25? Is the fee for just that night, or will they charge us for the rest of our trip? Trying to figure out the logistics well in advance. Also, would he be able to get ME from the hotel to the airport if he is our additional guest on his departure day but doesn't have an actual reservation before hand? Thanks

I think all that the poster you are responding to is concerned about is the fact that there is a lot going on all at once. It does seem like you are tiptoeing over a grenade-laden battlefield lately to find a resort that isn't under heavy construction be it to the outside or to the rooms. I don't think the poster is claiming to be inside Mr. Disney's head or to be the end-all and be-all of knowledge. He or she was just voicing an opinion, which we have a right to do on this thread which Dee works very hard to keep positive! :thumbsup2

Let's face it Epcot isn't the way he planned it and neither is the Bay Lake area there were supposed to be many more buildings around both areas for guest rooms other resorts in other styles , other countries around World Showcase. I would love to see the archives from all those years ago detailing his visions for WDW. They still exist and are kept in the D23 archives I think. Yes change can be good if sympathetic to the areas and guests needs. Current guests need to be considered too.

And about time, too, IMHO. They have neglected putting money into some transportation while building out Star Wars, Toy Story, etc. Hope Epcot gets some major love very soon too!

ETA: I'm thinking that Disney World is not the place to go for a relaxing vacation unless you plan to spend most of your time at the resort....we always come home exhausted and needing a vacation from our vacation!

That is why we plan rest days. It makes it more relaxing. The first time my sister took her kids in the 90s they went to a park every day, including their arrival day. I told her not to do that. She said they were so tired from that trip-her kids were little/under 10.

Fast forward to 2013, she came with me, her kids were older, we had dedicated non park days and she did a park every day except her arrival day. Her oldest at the time was around 16 and said she was so tired. She is coming with me next year (for 5 of my 12 days) and is doing a park 4 of those days. I told her I will do park with her 3 of those days but I will need a day off.

The last time we went in 2013, we had 5 park days and 5 non park days-2 were travel days and one day we went to typhoon lagoon. But we were rested. When we go next year, I will have 6 park days and 6 non park days. Again, two will be travel days and one will be a water park day but we do nothing but sit at the pool on non park days.

I know not everyone can go for as long, 2018 will be the longest trip to WDW for me so I shall see.

Doing the happy dance :dogdance::dogdance::dogdance:

Just got a 30% off pin code in my email for our upcoming vacation at the Beach Club in December. So excited, now I don't have to wait for the AP discounts to come out for that timeframe!!!

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Congratulations!!! YAY!!!
Good to know that thy send these to AP holders! Since I go fairly often, I had given up hope of ever getting one again...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter