• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
One more question as we are only a few weeks from our trip!
If we purchased a birthday balloon and basket from Disney for our room: At the current time do we have to pick that up from the front desk OR is it waiting in the room OR do they deliver them to the room while we are there? We are staying at BRV.

When we ordered a floral & balloon arrangement, it was delivered to our Disney hotel room. This was pre-COVID, not sure how it is operating now.

Remind me - is the Mercantile the only place if I need random OTC meds or snacks/drinks for our room? What is the selection like? Hungry teenagers in tow...

Can anyone comment on how obstructive the dormered balconies on the 7th floor really are? Does it make you not want to sit on the balcony?
We're staying Club Level, so we're guaranteed a dormered balcony, right?

Our last stay was Savanna View at AKL, so I'm worried the balcony situation will be a huge downgrade and we'll hate it!

Remind me - is the Mercantile the only place if I need random OTC meds or snacks/drinks for our room? What is the selection like? Hungry teenagers in tow...

Yup, Heading there on Monday with 6 teens. I learned my lesson last time and did instacart this time

The Mercantile has a good selection of food items because it supplies the DVC resort rooms with food for their full kitchens. So you will find cereal and bread and orange juice, etc. There are plenty of snack foods there. :)

Can anyone comment on how obstructive the dormered balconies on the 7th floor really are? Does it make you not want to sit on the balcony?

Our last stay was Savanna View at AKL, so I'm worried the balcony situation will be a huge downgrade and we'll hate it!

All of the 7th floor rooms have the dormered balconies. You have to stand to see out of them. Chairs are placed toward the room. Here is a picture:

1b.jpg

I personally don't like these balconies. But sitting in the club lounge is very nice.

...As far as BRV, I don't think anyone knows whether they will close the entire building or if they will just work on one section at a time, leaving the remaining rooms open. But if you have an existing reservation then they will contact you if they need to move you to a different resort.
In the past they did one wing and one floor at a time for full renovations since BRV is sold out to DVC members. I'd expect few cash reservations available during renovations.

Quick question: deluxe studio at Copper Creek, do they have the shower bottles on the wall in the shower or do they give the small bottles of toiletries? Thank u

Personally we do not like these balconies and have asked to move in the past. So dark and feels trapped in. Some 6th floor rooms have them as well.

I loved our balcony and view. Here’s my pictures from 4th of July weekend. I had no issues with it. HERE and HERE

Personally we do not like these balconies and have asked to move in the past. So dark and feels trapped in. Some 6th floor rooms have them as well.
Have they always been able to move you from the 7th floor?

The 6th floor rooms in the wing that is closest to Bay Lake have the dormer balconies. And there are a few of them on the fourth and fifth floors scattered around the resort. I always request an open balcony when making a reservation.

Is there a reason why WL rooms are sold out for next week?? Are they still limiting how many guests are staying at each resort?

DVC rooms at Copper Creek, do they include the alternate studios as well?

We booked a DVC room and when doing some research here for what rooms to request, seems like those are really great. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter