Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know the boat schedule? Specifically, what time does the boat begin taking guests to MK in the mornings?

I’m at Wilderness Lodge and I tried the Geyser Point mobile order. I can confirm the quick service window is open for mobile pickup.

Attachments

• 4362164E-56E0-4E26-9C80-61590025456C.jpeg
    4362164E-56E0-4E26-9C80-61590025456C.jpeg
    105.1 KB · Views: 61
  • 571308F5-D846-44DF-A7DA-66B56CACCDA1.jpeg
    571308F5-D846-44DF-A7DA-66B56CACCDA1.jpeg
    107 KB · Views: 62
Thank you for the Geyser Point update. We will be there in 10 days and I wanted to do lunch the first day. The pics helped too.

Does anyone know if the boat runs to Contemporary now? We have a res at California Grill one evening so looking at how to get there, boat or bus to MK or boat to Contemporary if it is running.

Thank you for the Geyser Point update. We will be there in 10 days and I wanted to do lunch the first day. The pics helped too.

Does anyone know if the boat runs to Contemporary now? We have a res at California Grill one evening so looking at how to get there, boat or bus to MK or boat to Contemporary if it is running.
I just watched a boat go from WL to Ft. Wilderness but there is a sign saying that says that it is not in service. If I see a CM I’ll ask.

Not sure I'm in the right place to ask this, but here's the scenario: My nephew's family is staying at the WL DVC mid-May. His mother-in-law, who will be with them as well, has a sister who lives an hour away from WDW. She wants to visit that sister. Can the sister who is not staying at the WL come onto the property to pick up the sister who is, without paying to come thru the toll gates? (I tried to phrase this as understandable as I could!!)
Edited to add: the two sisters will be leaving Disney property to visit.

A few quick notes from my quick day trip to the Lodge.

It feels empty and lacks energy. Maybe this will change when the hotel side opens. I didn’t see a whole lot of kids, just mostly old people.

Geyser Point mobile order is awesome. It’s much better than ordering from the bar. My DVC discount was automatically added to the bill, which I don’t remember happening for my previous mobile orders. I ate my dessert by the water. It was wonderful.

Whispering Canyon bison burger > Geyser Point bison burger. My server didn’t joke around with me at all. It could have been because I was alone or because I look mean.

The gift shop still has one entrance and exit. I made sure I didn’t get yelled at this time for going through the wrong one.

I couldn’t figure out if the boat to the resorts was working.

We are driving in from Louisiana and staying in Tallahassee the day before our arrival for our July trip this summer.

We want to hit the road pretty early and make it to MK shortly after rope drop and since I am rarely hungry right when I wake up, my idea was to place a mobile order for breakfast at the Roaring Fork (I love the breakfast bagel and hash from there) before parking at the TTC and heading over to Magic Kingdom for the day.

Do you think the confirmation of my mobile order will be enough to get access to the resort in the morning and if not, do you think I would get a refund for my order?

Just making sure that Boulder Ridge will store refrigerated items for us as well as our luggage... We are getting a van from the airport and there is a grocery stop included and I want to make sure if we get milk or yogurt, etc. they can store it for us before check in is available. Thanks!!

We are staying at Boulder Ridge on Memorial Day. My daughter, who is local, will have my car. We would like for her to be able to drive to WL and park there to meet up with us very early Tuesday morning before heading over to the park (hopefully around 7). This is our check out day, so after our day at the park, we will head over to WL, grab our stuff and leave.

Will my daughter be able to do this? It is my car and the only one we will have on property, but since she and her fiancee aren't staying there I don't know how it works? It's before the hotel opens to guests, so I'm sure there will be plenty of parking, but I wanted to check just so we can make another plan if she can't.

Hello All, I hope everyone is doing well. We (myself, DW, 15 &13 year old kids, and Possibly MIL). I have never stayed in the Fort Wilderness Lodge but the price for all 5 of us seems reasonable. How doable are these cabins for 5? Do all the cabins have refrigerators and mini kitchen areas? My 13 yo was recently diagnosed with T1D so having that option for breakfast and some other meals would be a huge game changer. With covid things are different, with that said, how easy is the travel to the other parks? Any comments would be much appreciated. Thanks, Mike

Last edited:
Hello All, I hope everyone is doing well. We (myself, DW, 15 &13 year old kids, and Possibly MIL). I have never stayed in the Wilderness but the price for all 5 of us seems reasonable. How doable are these cabins for 5? Do all the cabins have refrigerators and mini kitchen areas? My 13 yo was recently diagnosed with T1D so having that option for breakfast and some other meals would be a huge game changer. With covid things are different, with that said, how easy is the travel to the other parks? Any comments would be much appreciated. Thanks, Mike
Are you talking about the cabins at Fort Wilderness rather than the Copper Creek Cabins? Both of them have full kitchens, so that part is the same for both locations. But transportation would be different. depending on where you are staying. :)

Hello All, I hope everyone is doing well. We (myself, DW, 15 &13 year old kids, and Possibly MIL). I have never stayed in the Wilderness but the price for all 5 of us seems reasonable. How doable are these cabins for 5? Do all the cabins have refrigerators and mini kitchen areas? My 13 yo was recently diagnosed with T1D so having that option for breakfast and some other meals would be a huge game changer. With covid things are different, with that said, how easy is the travel to the other parks? Any comments would be much appreciated. Thanks, Mike

Make sure you understand the difference between Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort (which has cabins and campsites) and Disney's Wilderness Lodge (which has hotel rooms, DVC villas, and DVC cabins). Maybe you already know this, but I would hate to have you book a cabin at Fort Wilderness and think that you were going to be on Wilderness Lodge property.

And don't get me started on why Disney has similar names for some things when they could have saved a lot of confusion by making the names different.

We would like for her to be able to drive to WL and park there to meet up with us very early Tuesday morning before heading over to the park (hopefully around 7). This is our check out day, so after our day at the park, we will head over to WL, grab our stuff and leave.

Will my daughter be able to do this?
Sure not an issue. Just have her prepared to show a photo ID if requested and have your name and unit number available should the guard at the WL Gate request it to confirm that you are a registered guest.

By then you should have figured out if the resort boat or the bus is the fastest method to get to the park for your early morning plans on your check-out day.

Dave

Are you talking about the cabins at Fort Wilderness rather than the Copper Creek Cabins? Both of them have full kitchens, so that part is the same for both locations. But transportation would be different. depending on where you are staying. :)
Sorry for the lack of clarity. We are looking at Fort Wilderness Resort.

Our 7 month booking window opened today. I couldn’t believe there was a Copper Creek 2 bedroom available for our 3 nights. I never even considered I would be able to snag CCV during the holiday season.

We were originally just pay cash to stay at Fort Wilderness because I really want to stay somewhere with amazing Christmasy atmosphere.

I grabbed the 2 bedroom and will cancel FW today. I am so excited to stay at CCV for the first time. We will just visit FW so the kids can do pony rides and gem mining. I am not very outdoorsy so I think it is a fair compromise for kids to have a great time and Mom to have a nice resort

How doable are these cabins for 5? Do all the cabins have refrigerators and mini kitchen areas?
The Ft Wilderness Cabins are great for a family of 5. It has two separate sleeping areas. A great deck with a grill and a good size kitchen with a regular size refrigerator and a 2 burner cook top and a Microwave / Convection oven.

The only downside may be the somewhat small bathroom space for 5 guests to share. There is parking right at the cabin.

Dave

I grabbed the 2 bedroom and will cancel FW today. I am so excited to stay at CCV for the first time. We will just visit FW so the kids can do pony rides and gem mining. I am not very outdoorsy so I think it is a fair compromise for kids to have a great time and Mom to have a nice resort
Sounds like a great compromise. Everyone gets the Christmas atmosphere and Mom gets some luxury accommodations.

Dave

how easy is the travel to the other parks?
Fort Wilderness is very large and spread out, so you will need to take the internal buses to get to the Settlement area for the boat to MK. The internal bus will also take you to the bus depot, where you can catch the park buses and bus to Disney Springs. Some people rent a golf cart so they can get area the campgrounds.

Does anyone know how much it is for the self-service laundry at WL? Do the machines take debit/credit or are they still quarter machines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter