Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Does this mean that even in the mansion buildings, access to the rooms is outside?

Correct, with a few exceptions such as the AoA suites, that's the layout at all Values and Moderates, room access is from an external walkway.

POR-MB-2014-4803_forum.jpg

Andre

Sorry, FelisLachesis, but sometimes I like not having an internal corridors for room access.

Oh, it's fine. I had just imagined that the doors were inside a hallway. Then IrishNYC pointed out that the windows are next to the doors, which would make no sense if the doors were all connected via a hallway.

I more wanted to get a visual sense on what the buildings look like, so that way, when my girlfriend and I get there, I'm not stumbling to figure out how to get around.

So here I go overthinking...we booked a garden view room on the bounce back Free Dining deal for the last week of August. We just found out we will have a nice tax return this year and I am wondering about the Royal Rooms because DD6 would probably love them. I thought I would ask the smart Disers before I get on hold for hours...anyone know if upgrading the room would even be an option?

I am wondering about the Royal Rooms because DD6 would probably love them. I thought I would ask the smart Disers before I get on hold for hours...anyone know if upgrading the room would even be an option?

I think you're right that a 6-year-old princess would love staying in a Royal Room. You can modify a bounce-back booking later, but only if what you want is still currently available in that same offer for new bookings.

Andre

Could anyone tell me the dimensions of a Room safe in a Port Orleans Riverside room? Would a Laptop fit inside?

Could anyone tell me the dimensions of a Room safe in a Port Orleans Riverside room? Would a Laptop fit inside?

Andre has answers for everything Port Orleans, even questions you didn't know you had to ask! :)

http://www.portorleans.org/rooms.php
  • Small wall-mounted key-lock safe; interior dimensions 35cm x 24.5cm x 9cm deep, access door size is 30cm x 21cm. Useful for money, credit cards, documents, keys, phones, iPads, etc — but not big enough for larger laptops or DSLR cameras.

Its been a couple of years since we've stayed at POR but we're going back in July and have a couple of questions if anyone can help.

I noticed on some pool photos on tripadviser today that the quiet pools now have fences around them? Do they lock them and now have set opening and closing times like the main pool?

We've got a preferred room booked and was planning on requesting (with touring plans) block 18 to be near the quiet pool. Are the block 18 pool view rooms only available if you've booked a pool view room? Or can booking preferred get you a pool view? There doesn't seem to be an option to book preferred pool view but don't want to waste my request on a room we're unlikely to get.

Thanks for your help.

I noticed on some pool photos on tripadviser today that the quiet pools now have fences around them? Do they lock them and now have set opening and closing times like the main pool?

We've got a preferred room booked and was planning on requesting (with touring plans) block 18 to be near the quiet pool. Are the block 18 pool view rooms only available if you've booked a pool view room?

They don't lock the gates at night at the quiet pools, only the feature pool. Well, so far anyway.

The six 'official' pool view rooms in building 18 are sold as Pool View category rooms rather than Preferred Location, but there are several others nearby which are very similar.

Floorplan-POR-AlligatorBayou-18.png

Andre

They don't lock the gates at night at the quiet pools, only the feature pool. Well, so far anyway.

The six 'official' pool view rooms in building 18 are sold as Pool View category rooms rather than Preferred Location, but there are several others nearby which are very similar.

Andre

Thanks Andre, good news about the pool gates.

Think i'll request one of the rooms close to the pool view then, doesn't really matter about the actual view would just like to be close to the pool. Thanks for your help.

So here I go overthinking...we booked a garden view room on the bounce back Free Dining deal for the last week of August. We just found out we will have a nice tax return this year and I am wondering about the Royal Rooms because DD6 would probably love them. I thought I would ask the smart Disers before I get on hold for hours...anyone know if upgrading the room would even be an option?

I'm not a 6 year old, or even a parent, but I loved it! I think if anyone is into princesses or special Disney details, they should stay in one at least once.

I'm not a 6 year old, or even a parent, but I loved it! I think if anyone is into princesses or special Disney details, they should stay in one at least once.
I called and switched to the Royal Room. I know we will love it too! DH is already fascinated by the headboards. LOL. I warned him the change will most likely involve some extra walking and we decided it was worth it.

I called and switched to the Royal Room. I know we will love it too! DH is already fascinated by the headboards. LOL. I warned him the change will most likely involve some extra walking and we decided it was worth it.

Not necessarily, as there are some Garden View, Pool View and River View Royal Rooms that are very close to the footbridge leading to the main buildings. The Standard View rooms can potentially be a bit more of a walk though as they are on the other side of the buildings.

Andre

Sorry, another question. I notice theres quite a lot of preferred garden view rooms does this mean they would be for the people who booked garden view rather than preferred?

[QUOTE="andrewilley, post: 57232104, member:

Andre[/QUOTE]

Andre, your floor plans are amazing. I want to book pool view which appears that you could get a room in basically any section. I'm OK with that, having enjoyed Magnolia and preferred AB before. However, I'm a little nervous to end up with a RR and really don't want that. Is there a way to word my request to avoid one thing?

What building should we request if we want to be closest to POFQ? We reserved a standard room (2 adults a 4 year old and a 2 year old who will prob use a PNP). And are there elevators? If not we'd prob prefer a 1st floor so we can use the stroller. What is the likelihood of getting both a the building and floor request?

Thanks!

What building should we request if we want to be closest to POFQ? We reserved a standard room (2 adults a 4 year old and a 2 year old who will prob use a PNP). And are there elevators? If not we'd prob prefer a 1st floor so we can use the stroller. What is the likelihood of getting both a the building and floor request?

Thanks!

I would just ask for what you want - close to POFQ - although the closest building is one of the Royal room buildings, which is a booking category. Only the mansion buildings have elevators.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter