Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Do the rooms have a coffee pot in them and do they supply coffee still? Also, are the small refrigerators still in the rooms?

Do the rooms have a coffee pot in them and do they supply coffee still? Also, are the small refrigerators still in the rooms?

Yes to all of the above. Cuisinart dual-cup coffee machines, not coffee pots though.

Andre

I know the rooms don't come with microwaves but is it possible to get one for a fee?

In the past, if you needed a microwave to heat up baby formula or food for special dietary issues, they would give you a microwave for free of charge. Not sure if that is the same now.

Someone posted that they give you clean towels every other day. If your whole family showers daily, can you request clean towels daily? I don't like drying myself off with a damp towel after showering and our family will be showering daily. Thank you for any information.

Someone posted that they give you clean towels every other day. If your whole family showers daily, can you request clean towels daily? I don't like drying myself off with a damp towel after showering and our family will be showering daily. Thank you for any information.
Just call housekeeping and ask for additional towels and any other toiletries or coffee supplies you might need and they will bring them to your room. :)

We are here now and were woken up at 2AM by the fire alarm in our room or by one of our neighbors alarms, we can't be sure but a lot of toilets started flushing around us. It startled our dog awake (the loud squealing noise) and he was very upset and started barking, we quited him down as quickly as we could and he had trouble going back to sleep after that. We all did.

We were upgraded to a Royal Room but I'm not sure being in this section is worth it because we are on the 2nd floor. We would have very much preferred a ground floor room with having the dog and honestly bus transportation at our stop hasn't been off to a good start, busses already arriving full. We'll see what the rest of the day brings.

We have a Woods view room for 5 booked at the end of January. Are the rooms in good condition at POR? When was the last refurb? Thank you for any info.

Every other day towels replenished ...if your lucky they might empty trash can and remove soiled towels....room will not be cleaned nor beds made until you check out...

We just returned from an 11 night stay at POR, and I can say this was not our experience at all.

As far as mousekeeping goes, they emptied garbage/recycling and replenished towels every second day. Every fourth day (so every second mousekeeping day) we had garbage/recycling emptied, towels replenished and fresh bed linens. They even put fresh linens on the bed for our last night, even though they had just done it the day before.

Was this a return visit for you, and if so, what were the major changes?
Also please, what were your resort highlights?

We just got home from a 3 night stay and received no mousekeeping. When we called the front desk to request new towels and new trash bags, they apologized for not having our room cleaned when we got back from the parks because it should have been. But after we called, we got plenty of new towels, trash bags and coffee supplies.

I thought the bus service was quick and every employee we interacted with seemed genuinely happy to be back at Riverside! The resort was just as nice and relaxing as I remember it….it was a perfect stay!

I just returned from a 5 night stay in Riverside for Wine and Dine weekend. We stayed in a royal room, Woods view. Here are my thoughts:

1. I was disappointed to have a second-floor room. All I'd requested was the ground floor. I'd been struggling with a knee injury and was running a lot of races. They assured me there was an elevator, but it wasn't necessarily convenient...
2. Seeing YeeHa Bob in person again was AMAZING! It was so much fun, even if I was exhausted from being up at 3:30am that day for my early morning flight.
3. The staff were all super friendly and helpful.
4. Housekeeping regularly refreshed towels and took out the garbage. One time between the "cleaning" days they knocked and asked if we needed anything.
5. For the love of all things holy, why don't they put the trash bags in the trash can for you?
6. Transportation was consistent and thankfully I never had to stand on a bus! LOL!
7. Plenty of choices in the food court and it never seemed overly crowded when we were there.

Overall, we were very happy with our stay. Riverside still provided a wonderful, relaxing stay for us.

I know the boats are running. Do they run during the day? If we have a resort day and want to go to DS for lunch, can we take the boat?

Here now. Everything has been great until yesterday. Got home from the parks, and the room behind us had 2 dogs just going nuts, non stop barking and howling. Called guest services who sent a duty manager out. Walked around to see where the roon was and chatted with the manager. They had spoken with the guest, who was on their way back. They would be having a word with the guest when they got back.

Also yesterday it seemed like someone was smoking in their room and it was coming through our vent above the bathroom vanity. Just stank of smoke. Complained about it. If it happens again will ask to be moved.

Please don't tell me they just draped trash bags over one of the chairs in the room?! If so, that is tacky beyond belief and not proper housekeeping service.
[/QUOTE

Well, no, not that bad. But they draped them over the trash cans. If you're going to drape them over the trash cans, why not just line the trash can? I don't think that step saves them any time, but it frustrates the daylights out of me. I don't pay to stay at Disney to do chores. I can take out, and replace the bag of my trash cans at home. I don't want to do it on vacation! (And if I do I'd like a discount/cheaper rate!)

Here now. Everything has been great until yesterday. Got home from the parks, and the room behind us had 2 dogs just going nuts, non stop barking and howling. Called guest services who sent a duty manager out. Walked around to see where the roon was and chatted with the manager. They had spoken with the guest, who was on their way back. They would be having a word with the guest when they got back.

Also yesterday it seemed like someone was smoking in their room and it was coming through our vent above the bathroom vanity. Just stank of smoke. Complained about it. If it happens again will ask to be moved.

Its so unfortunate that certain people feel that they are above the rules and at the expense of others enjoyment. They are just not smoking in their room but as you pointed out the smoke circulates into other rooms and impacts others. I am a big dog lover, I even worked at an animal shelter as their Adoption Director and its such a challenge to bring a dog or two to a new place and then leave them for hours by themselves. The dogs are not sure what is happening and not sure if their owners will be coming back. They hear sounds that they have not heard before and the only way they have to voice their displeasure is to bark or destroy the room. Having dogs at Riverside is such a bad idea!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter