Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Booked free dining bounceback a few days ago. POR Garden view 8/21-25/2017. So excited!!! :cheer2: I've always wanted to try POR...tried to get it for this past trip, but couldn't so we stayed at CSR instead. Can't wait to finally stay at POR!

I booked the bounceback for 8/24-8/31. I was surprised it was available. We're so excited to finally stay at POR, too!

The great handle debate of 2016! :rotfl: I just keep thinking they'll actually fit in a backpack holder now or in the cupholder in my car!:banana:

We normally send our teenager out to fill all the mugs so the handles helped him, but if the carriers are provided I'm sure he'd manage.

Oooh! I never thought about it fitting in the side of my backpack! I usually put it in a big ziploc bag inside my bag, but that would be nice!

I have to say, I'm am really surprised how passionately some people felt about their handles. I bet Disney is surprised as well. The cup holders will definitely make things easier. But the cups without handles will fit easier in cup holders on strollers and in cars. I guess it would be nice to have the option of both.

I can't say I was really surprised! We Disney fans are passionate about everything!

Not specifically at Disney, but I've always just thrown the pods in with the clothing even when the washer has a detergent dispenser, and it's always worked fine. Our washer is like this at our farm office - I'm forever washing the guys nasty work clothes when they change midday and everything always comes out clean. Well, as clean as clothes covered in hydralic fluid or grease will get :P
You're so right! As a matter of fact that's exactly how the directions for the pods say to do it. I only started using Tide Pods about three months ago and I read the directions when I started using them. Put pod in first, then clothing, and it's just so easy and they are amazing!

I really can't believe that anyone even contemplated this change without actually spending ten minutes in any Disney food court and just watching how people normally use and carry their mugs. I can see no advantage whatsoever to removing the handles, apart from maybe a cent or two off the price (and let's face it, they probably cost a tiny amount to make anyway).

Andre
On our Aug stay I hunted thru the resort mugs to find some last remaining handles. My friend arrived a week later and by then no handles left. What she noticed was with hot drinks, the cup was really hot to carry without a handle. Thought they needed a sleeve.
At the pool I had a surprising number of people asking me where I got the handle mug.

Which room would you choose and why...Preferred or Royal Room River View?

I'm looking at going first of March and there appears to be about $5 difference in price (RR more). This will be first time staying on property. Is one room more likely to offer a discount than the other?

I'm looking at going first of March and there appears to be about $5 difference in price (RR more). This will be first time staying on property. Is one room more likely to offer a discount than the other?

Having stayed in both, I now choose preferred. That is because the location is more important to me. The royal rooms are fun and worth staying in at least once. I love all of the details. They will probably both have discounts, I would imagine. I usually have more trouble getting a standard room discount than any of the upgrades.

What is a bounceback?

It's a deal for future travel that you set up during your current stay at a Disney resort. Right now the deal is Free Dining available for certain dates in 2017. We booked a week next year at POR during our stay at the Poly last month.

We really like the Royal Room-River View. It just seems to be a bit more quiet and it is nice to look out and see the river, especially at night. The walk back to the room at night was very pretty walking over the bridge.

After looking carefully at the POR map, I'm having a difficult time understanding the advantage of the preferred location. It seems all the locations are near a bus stop and near the pool (it's right in the middle). Some locations in AB are a little farther from the food court, but if I'm looking at this right, it would only be an extra couple of minutes walking. And the preferred location is near the South bus stop, which is picked up last (and could it be skipped if the bus is already fully?). For those who have actually stayed at POR, do it have this right?

It's a deal for future travel that you set up during your current stay at a Disney resort. Right now the deal is Free Dining available for certain dates in 2017. We booked a week next year at POR during our stay at the Poly last month.
Thanks for the information.

I would choose a Royal Room. And request a location near footbridge. I prefer the rooms in the Mansion section over AB rooms. It's a personal pref. I don't necessarily book river view. We usually book GV.

I'd definitely go with Royal/River if there wasn't much difference in price. Many of those rooms are just as short a walk over to the main buildings as some of the further Preferred rooms, and if you get a request for close to the footbridge granted then they are just about the perfect location.

Andre

I would choose a Royal Room. And request a location near footbridge. I prefer the rooms in the Mansion section over AB rooms. It's a personal pref. I don't necessarily book river view. We usually book GV.

I'd also choose Royal/River and put in a request for close to the foot bridge. But really the River View Royal Rooms are not that far of a walk from the food court/main building/bus stop.

Hi all!
We are Disney vets coming to the riverside for the first time in Feb! Just booked for Mardi Gras week under the Disney Visa SPD promo. My DD is traveling down with her school and we are meeting her. We booked pool view and requested building 16. Is this the best request to be close to th lobby/buses??

Hi everyone
This will be my first time staying at POR and I leave in less than 9 weeks! :-) I have just two questions for now. Firstly, does anyone know how much bottled water costs by the case at the resort? Do you all use the coffee maker? I read a scary coffee maker thread a few years ago, lol! Also, I booked a garden room thinking I'd get the mansions for sure. Is that the case?
Thank you!! :)

After looking carefully at the POR map, I'm having a difficult time understanding the advantage of the preferred location. It seems all the locations are near a bus stop and near the pool (it's right in the middle). Some locations in AB are a little farther from the food court, but if I'm looking at this right, it would only be an extra couple of minutes walking. And the preferred location is near the South bus stop, which is picked up last (and could it be skipped if the bus is already fully?). For those who have actually stayed at POR, do it have this right?
Correct. But you could also be at the East bus depot and passed by because a bus is too full. That has happened to me before. I don't mind walking a little farther to get to the food court but others do. It's all what is important to you.

Hi everyone
This will be my first time staying at POR and I leave in less than 9 weeks! :-) I have just two questions for now. Firstly, does anyone know how much bottled water costs by the case at the resort? Do you all use the coffee maker? I read a scary coffee maker thread a few years ago, lol! Also, I booked a garden room thinking I'd get the mansions for sure. Is that the case?
Thank you!! :)

Garden view only guarantees you won't get a parking lot view. I'm not sure how much the water is. I usually order from Garden Grocer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter