Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Can anyone advise if POR has a set order by which the buses pick up and drop off? For example, do they typically go South-West-North-East? Vice versa? Or can it be different depending on driver? We realized during a CSR stay that being at the first bus stop for pick up was important to us. Thanks!

Short answer, no. Long answer can be found here.

http://www.portorleans.org/buses.php

Anyone in Alligator Bayou right now? If so, what building are you in and do you like its location?

We are first timers to POR and I'm having a hard time deciding which AB building to request. I know that my request may not be fulfilled, but I'm going to try anyway. We are staying in a Garden Room.

Thank you!

We were in 28 last month. It was just about exactly between the main buildings (South Depot & West Depot), close to a quiet pool. Perfect for us.

Does anyone know the email to send compliments/complaints to?
They gave it to me but I have misplaced it.
There were so many issues with this trip (outside of POR) that it really was a huge disappointment and I don't think it's even worth telling Disney about in detail but there were a few CM who deserve a pat on the back and I'm going to take time to let them know it.

In a nutshell for you guys, security, and supervisors flat out lie to us, cast members make comments like "that's what you get for moving to slow" when their foot got caught in the ride door. Drivers who tossed their hands up in the air and made faces when they had to load a scooter. Food the wasn't cooked.
One CM who deserves credit though went above and beyond imo to interest with the kids and have them assist in Soarin preloading stuff.

Does anyone know the email to send compliments/complaints to?
They gave it to me but I have misplaced it.
There were so many issues with this trip (outside of POR) that it really was a huge disappointment and I don't think it's even worth telling Disney about in detail but there were a few CM who deserve a pat on the back and I'm going to take time to let them know it.

In a nutshell for you guys, security, and supervisors flat out lie to us, cast members make comments like "that's what you get for moving to slow" when their foot got caught in the ride door. Drivers who tossed their hands up in the air and made faces when they had to load a scooter. Food the wasn't cooked.
One CM who deserves credit though went above and beyond imo to interest with the kids and have them assist in Soarin preloading stuff.

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

I'm sorry you had such issues.

Some walks are really close, rooms directly next to the footbridge that leads to the main building. Others (especially Standard Royal Rooms) can be a little further away, but none more than about 6 minutes walk from the main building.

Andre

What would be a good Royal Room to request at checkin (ie Parterre place second floor)?

Thank you!! :thanks:

What would be a good Royal Room to request at checkin (ie Parterre place second floor)?

Thank you!! :thanks:
It depends. Do you want to be close to the bus depot? Do you prefer to be closer to the food court? Main pool? Walkway to French Quarter for biegnets? Take a look at the maps at portleans.org

But, check in is too late for a request. They assign rooms before arrival. Best is to fax requests to them about 5 days prior to arrival. Details for this are also at portorleans.org (along with a lot of other GREAT info)

They are big buildings, so requesting just a specific building could still leave several hundred possible rooms, some near and some quite a distance from the main buildings. It also depends on what room category you have booked (e.g. Royal Standard, Royal Garden View, Royal Pool View, etc). It's usually best to tell them WHAT you want - such as "second floor, short walk to main building" rather than just giving a building name.

Andre

So excited! Here's my story. My husband has been wanting to see La Nouba for years but we kept putting it off. Well, we figured we had better do it before December 31 or it would never get done. We booked a room for December at All Star Music because it was a short trip and that's where we stayed for our honeymoon but hadn't been back since. We thought it might be fun to check it out again. Well, then Saturday at D23 it was announced that my favorite WDW ride, Great Movie Ride, would be closing August 13. I was so upset that I would miss out on riding it two last times (because you have to have one last time with the gangster and one last time with the bandit, of course) so my husband told me to book a trip for the first of August to bid it goodbye. Then, last night, he decided he wanted to come, as well, and to cancel our December trip and push everything up to August. And, since neither of us really WANTED to stay at All Star Music... we are finally going back to Port Orleans Riverside! We loved it 5 years ago when we were in a Royal Guest Room and are so excited to go back. We have a king bed this time so no real idea of where we will be, but we don't really care. Just excited to be back at Port Orleans Riverside.

But, let me ask this. When we stayed in 2012, our room was on the first floor and I don't remember it being loud at all, but last summer we were at Caribbean Beach on the first floor and our upstairs neighbors were VERY loud. I think that they were jumping off the beds onto the floor. Anyway, does anyone have experience with louder neighbors at POR? I didn't know if it was worth it to request a top floor room, if first floor is better for convenience and the sound isn't bad, or what.

Last edited:
It depends. Do you want to be close to the bus depot? Do you prefer to be closer to the food court? Main pool? Walkway to French Quarter for biegnets? Take a look at the maps at portleans.org

But, check in is too late for a request. They assign rooms before arrival. Best is to fax requests to them about 5 days prior to arrival. Details for this are also at portorleans.org (along with a lot of other GREAT info)

Fair points! I'm hoping to do the online check-in 30 ish days before arrival. We'll be arriving on Christmas Eve (transferring from Art of Animation yay) and don't have any wish to swim so proximity to main pool is a non-issue for us. We have ADR's booked for Christmas Eve, Christmas and will probably wing it on Boxing day so I'm not too worried about being close to the food court. I guess, maybe close to the "best" bus depot...if there is such a thing haha- "best" being the one most likely to have some spare room in the morning for transport.
I'm drawn to Oak Mansion for its proximty to the main building and the south/east depots...am I on the right track?
:flower1:

Thank you!!!

They are big buildings, so requesting just a specific building could still leave several hundred possible rooms, some near and some quite a distance from the main buildings. It also depends on what room category you have booked (e.g. Royal Standard, Royal Garden View, Royal Pool View, etc). It's usually best to tell them WHAT you want - such as "second floor, short walk to main building" rather than just giving a building name.

Andre

I have a Royal Garden Room booked yahoo!!! :lovestruc I'm hoping to get a nice balance between view and convenience (e.g...pretty view, and still somewhat convenient in terms of getting to a bus in the morning when I roll out of bed hehe)

"Second floor- Oak Mansion close to main building" ... Sound Good? pixiedust:

Thank you!!!

I would suggest not referring to Oak Manor specifically, there are some even better located rooms in Parterre that it would be a shame to miss out on if one happens to be available.

Andre

I would suggest not referring to Oak Manor specifically, there are some even better located rooms in Parterre that it would be a shame to miss out on if one happens to be available.

Andre

Thank-you Thank-you :worship:

I'm so excited!!!! First time at WDW in December - can't wait.

:santa:

Fair points! I'm hoping to do the online check-in 30 ish days before arrival. We'll be arriving on Christmas Eve (transferring from Art of Animation yay) and don't have any wish to swim so proximity to main pool is a non-issue for us. We have ADR's booked for Christmas Eve, Christmas and will probably wing it on Boxing day so I'm not too worried about being close to the food court. I guess, maybe close to the "best" bus depot...if there is such a thing haha- "best" being the one most likely to have some spare room in the morning for transport.
I'm drawn to Oak Mansion for its proximty to the main building and the south/east depots...am I on the right track?

Thank you!!!

I have a Royal Garden Room booked yahoo!!! :lovestruc I'm hoping to get a nice balance between view and convenience (e.g...pretty view, and still somewhat convenient in terms of getting to a bus in the morning when I roll out of bed hehe)

Thank you!!!
I would say "second floor, close to bus stop" as it sounds that's more important to you than main building.

Hi All!
mickey.gif

Trying POR for the first time this fall...would like to go ahead and make a room request. Looking for recommendations for the best request to be close to one of the bus stops? We have a garden view room..drawn to the Mansion Buildings which look like for that type of room its the Acaida or Magnolia buildings? Doing my research it looks like the Bus pick up is order is West, North, East then South stop before heading out to the parks. We do get drink refills at night, but its not a priority. Looks like the Acadian building would be next to the second stop (North) might be my best bet? Thanks for any info you can provide
smile3.gif

Hi All!
mickey.gif

Trying POR for the first time this fall...would like to go ahead and make a room request. Looking for recommendations for the best request to be close to one of the bus stops? We have a garden view room..drawn to the Mansion Buildings which look like for that type of room its the Acaida or Magnolia buildings? Doing my research it looks like the Bus pick up is order is West, North, East then South stop before heading out to the parks. We do get drink refills at night, but its not a priority. Looks like the Acadian building would be next to the second stop (North) might be my best bet? Thanks for any info you can provide
smile3.gif

Again, just ask to be close to a bus stop rather than a specific building (although if you prefer the mansions to Alligator Bayou, go ahead and mention that).

Hi - I used to know this answer, but that was before fences, magic bands etc.
We are staying at riverside. My DS has autism and just started loving pools. He is 4. Specifically slides at pools. He isn't ready for the Riverside slide- it would scare him being out of sight. But the POFQ triton slide would be perfect.
It used to be ok to stay at Riverside and swim at POFQ because they were sister resorts. It wasn't in the pool hopping rule. Is that still ok?

Thank you

Hi - I used to know this answer, but that was before fences, magic bands etc.
We are staying at riverside. My DS has autism and just started loving pools. He is 4. Specifically slides at pools. He isn't ready for the Riverside slide- it would scare him being out of sight. But the POFQ triton slide would be perfect.
It used to be ok to stay at Riverside and swim at POFQ because they were sister resorts. It wasn't in the pool hopping rule. Is that still ok?

Thank you
Guests staying at POR and POFQ can use the pools at both resorts. :)

Again, just ask to be close to a bus stop rather than a specific building (although if you prefer the mansions to Alligator Bayou, go ahead and mention that).
thank you! Am aiming for one of the first bus stop pick ups so that we are able to sit if available. I heard the last stop the bus is really crowded (south) so would like to try and jump on before that :)

thank you! Am aiming for one of the first bus stop pick ups so that we are able to sit if available. I heard the last stop the bus is really crowded (south) so would like to try and jump on before that :)

South can get really crowded. However, when things are really busy, South will be serviced by a bus that will go only to that depot, and head out to MK.

Edit: clarifying: According to Andre, between 8-11 am there will be two buses operating from POR to MK. One will go W-N-E, completely bypassing S, and head to MK. The second bus will go to S only, and then drive out.

Last edited:
Anyone in Alligator Bayou right now? If so, what building are you in and do you like its location?

We are first timers to POR and I'm having a hard time deciding which AB building to request. I know that my request may not be fulfilled, but I'm going to try anyway. We are staying in a Garden Room.

Thank you!

We stayed in AB 36. It was really close to the North Depot bus stop, which was a quiet one. It was great at the start of the day because there werent' that many people waiting for buses, and it was also handy after a long day at the park because it was a very short walk back to our room. BUT... it was a bit of a hike to the dining, gift shop and Old Man Island pool. There was a "generic" swimming pool right outside though which was always quiet.

But like Siskaren said, I guess it depends what you want in a room location.

Thank you!!!

Thank you!!!

If you're considering Parterre (my favorite) and have a garden view booked then I'd request courtyard/fountain view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter