Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Thanks for the report...one more reason the dining plan has lost any kind of value or decent/convenient plan for us. We used to like it as a splurge, but it's just so not worth it anymore in our opinion.
I agree, the plan is greatly diminished IMHO too. It’s only a value to us as they offered FD during our stay and I saved more than I could with a room discount at Pop.

Nope. There is a lake you can walk or run around.

I think only DVC and maybe Deluxe properties have a fitness center. Not positive, but no Value resorts do. And no Moderates except *maybe* Coronado since it has a convention center.
I just looked an Coronado does have a fitness center but no, Pop does not, nor do other Value and Moderate Disney resorts.

One thing I noticed during our recent stay at pop was the cashiers reluctance to give us to-go coffee cups when I flashed our reusable mugs. When we stayed at riverside it was never a problem as I would show our mugs and explain we wanted to-go cups to take our coffee when we left the resort. At pop it wasn’t as easy, anyone else notice this?

One thing I noticed during our recent stay at pop was the cashiers reluctance to give us to-go coffee cups when I flashed our reusable mugs. When we stayed at riverside it was never a problem as I would show our mugs and explain we wanted to-go cups to take our coffee when we left the resort. At pop it wasn’t as easy, anyone else notice this?
I've never tried doing this but I like this option! The coffee taste is hard to get out of the lid. Think I'll try this on our next trip and see how it goes.

Any idea why I can't get any room category at Pop on 12/5-12/7? Didn't know if Pop Warner football might be there but was shocked for a Thurs and Fri night in early December I couldn't get a room.

Pop can fill 6+ months in advance but I will say trying to find just 2 nights more than 8 months in advance is surprising! Have you tried calling? Not sure they can find anything else but might be worth a try.

I looked individually and the Thurs night is the problem. Looking at the room prices, it’s a busy time of year.

If not you may wish to book elsewhere then keep your eye out for availability.

Pop can fill 6+ months in advance but I will say trying to find just 2 nights more than 8 months in advance is surprising! Have you tried calling? Not sure they can find anything else but might be worth a try.

Yeah we generally stay at Pop so we were shocked too! We booked Movies and I was thinking like you to just keep checking, stalking like I do dining at times ;) Thanks for replying!

I looked individually and the Thurs night is the problem. Looking at the room prices, it’s a busy time of year.

and get this! I tried the week after and even Christmas week and could get rooms! I will call this weekend and I'll let you know what they say.

Any idea why I can't get any room category at Pop on 12/5-12/7? Didn't know if Pop Warner football might be there but was shocked for a Thurs and Fri night in early December I couldn't get a room.
I see availability from 12/4 - 12/7 if you are ok with checking in early :)
A good chunk of the BB offer dates fall into December, so maybe that has something to do with it. We tried for a standard pool view for the first 10 days of Dec but could only get a standard room.

Looking at December, too, and I just saw on another site that Dec. 2-6 is TENTATIVE Pop Warner week.
Edit: This must be incorrect according to the post below mine. Apologies. Thank you, dansdad!

Last edited:
My trip was for a different time frame, but I spent about a month of checking to get what I wanted for 8 nights at Pop. However, I booked what they had and then just kept checking back for the missing nights. I got in the habit of checking in the morning when I 1st got online and then again in the evening. I ended up getting all the nights I needed but had 3 separate room only reservations and once I had what I needed I called and had them move it all together as just one reservation. Your trip is pretty far out still so don't give up! Good luck!

Oh, one other thing is if you do find and book the nights you need as you go make sure they are all the same room category. Since all of my 3 reservations for rooms were all for a standard room it was easy for them to just turn it into one reservation.

Thanks for the report...one more reason the dining plan has lost any kind of value or decent/convenient plan for us. We used to like it as a splurge, but it's just so not worth it anymore in our opinion.
Agree! Other then the fact of the convenience that those meals are already paid for, we have never found any value in the DP. After our many trips, when we got back home, I used to always compare what we spent on food, snacks etc. against if we would have paid for the DP. Only 1 trip would we have saved $$, and that was because we did a bunch of character dining back when it was just 1 TS credit. Other than that, we always came out ahead doing OOP and on a lot of trips the $$ we saved doing OOP was pretty significant. So, your statement "We used to like it as a splurge" is a perfect description for the DP :D .

ADDED: My DW told me I should add this to my post, because she thinks it's funny:rolleyes1. When I did the comparison, I really was hoping that the DP would save us $$ because it always looked soooooo promising and she would always be there saying "I told you so":rotfl2:

Last edited:
I noticed that the Pop food court doesn’t open until 7am! That seems so late to me, especially if a few parks open at 8.

Does anyone know if we can at least get coffee before then? We were planning on purchasing refillable mugs, but it wouldn’t be worth it if we can’t get coffee several mornings of the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter