Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

You're welcome!

If you think of any information you wish was covered in those posts but is not, please let me know and I'll see about possibly adding it. This is a fairly new thread and a work in progress based on help and suggestions from the great peeps here who love Pop!

Hope you have a great stay there!

Great, thank you!!

I know a lot of people have questions using grocery delivery. We did this for the first time this trip, and it was great. We used Aldi.com who uses Instacart. Aldi prices and delivery fee beat everyone else out there. And since that is our regular grocery store at home, we knew exactly what we needed/wanted. A case of water was only $2.55. Totally worth it.

I also wanted to note that we walked over to AoA to check out the food court. It is still mobile order only. It also has the exact same limited menu as POP. The only difference was POP has the tie dye cheesecake and AoA has the mermaid tail cupcake.

I also wanted to note that we walked over to AoA to check out the food court. It is still mobile order only. It also has the exact same limited menu as POP. The only difference was POP has the tie dye cheesecake and AoA has the mermaid tail cupcake.

I was not aware of the limited menu until right before our trip. I was amazed that they didn't even have hot dogs. I hope they get a bit more variety in the coming months.

I was not aware of the limited menu until right before our trip. I was amazed that they didn't even have hot dogs. I hope they get a bit more variety in the coming months.
I'm not sure when you were there last but Disney did a major overhaul on their QS options at the resorts in Aug 2019. They took a lot of options away then and made the menus much more generic across many of the resorts.

when things reopened in Jul 2020 the menus were reduced even further but thankfully they brought back a few more options last month when they opened to food court to guests.

Like you I'm hoping they bring back more but ideally wish it would go back to pre-Aug 2019 menu.

I'm not sure when you were there last but Disney did a major overhaul on their QS options at the resorts in Aug 2019. They took a lot of options away then and made the menus much more generic across many of the resorts.

when things reopened in Jul 2020 the menus were reduced even further but thankfully they brought back a few more options last month when they opened to food court to guests.

Like you I'm hoping they bring back more but ideally wish it would go back to pre-Aug 2019 menu.

I was there less than 2 weeks ago.

I was there less than 2 weeks ago.
Yes but you said before your trip you were not aware of the reduced menu. That was the part I was responding to. When were you there previously, before 2 weeks ago? I wasn't sure if you were there before of after the menu changes of Aug 2019.

Thanks so much for this! We're trying to keep the information here as current as possible so I appreciate both changes that are needed to the first posts as well as confirmation that what is there is still current information.

Enjoy your trip!!
You have done a great job moderating the Pop page and keeping everything running smooth. I'm not 100% sure but I think I remember you popping in here years ago prior to your first stay at Pop and now you are the expert on everything Pop. This is our favorite WDW resort and consider it to be our home resort so it's great to see that people have accurate and up to date information before they visit. There is nothing more frustrating than reading a trip report and have someone talk about a bad time they had at Pop Century and it seems like it could have been avoided if they had all of the information before they travelled.

You have done a great job moderating the Pop page and keeping everything running smooth. I'm not 100% sure but I think I remember you popping in here years ago prior to your first stay at Pop and now you are the expert on everything Pop. This is our favorite WDW resort and consider it to be our home resort so it's great to see that people have accurate and up to date information before they visit. There is nothing more frustrating than reading a trip report and have someone talk about a bad time they had at Pop Century and it seems like it could have been avoided if they had all of the information before they travelled.
Thanks so much!

My first visit to Pop was in 2005 with my young nice and now, 16 years later, I have the privilege of many visits to Pop under my belt! Add to that all the great information shared by others who also love Pop and we have a brand new thread that we try as a group to keep as current as possible.

After sleeping so well at Pop a couple weeks ago and thinking it might be time for a new pillow, or at least a 2nd option to my memory foam. I would like to get the one from Pop.

Is this still the pillow, this was posted by @scrappingontario back in 2018? They are Sobella made by Sobel Westex. RN#71273-2662-17-2.

They are currently out and the one Sobella is listed as medium which is about what it was, so I think it's still correct.

I also saw they are going to have a Disney resort collection next year with some of the deluxe. More info and you can sign up for info here.

After sleeping so well at Pop a couple weeks ago and thinking it might be time for a new pillow, or at least a 2nd option to my memory foam. I would like to get the one from Pop.

Is this still the pillow, this was posted by @scrappingontario back in 2018? They are Sobella made by Sobel Westex. RN#71273-2662-17-2.

They are currently out and the one Sobella is listed as medium which is about what it was, so I think it's still correct.

I also saw they are going to have a Disney resort collection next year with some of the deluxe. More info and you can sign up for info here.

I will say I ordered the one from Sobella that matched the number on the tag and it was much firmer than the ones at Pop. Not sure if I was shipped the correct pillow but it wasn't the same as the ones there.

That being said, the reviews of the pillow on their website indicate people are extremely happy with it so it may just have been a problem with mine.

Here's the link: https://sobelathome.com/products/sobella-best-pillow-for-side-sleepers?variant=32085488894085

I will say I ordered the one from Sobella that matched the number on the tag and it was much firmer than the ones at Pop. Not sure if I was shipped the correct pillow but it wasn't the same as the ones there.

That being said, the reviews of the pillow on their website indicate people are extremely happy with it so it may just have been a problem with mine.

Here's the link: https://sobelathome.com/products/sobella-best-pillow-for-side-sleepers?variant=32085488894085

Yeah, there's only one with that name on there now. I looked in each firmness category.

ETA I would also expect something new to be more firm than what I had since it wouldn't be broken in. Who knows how long they keep the pillows in rotation and if the one you picked to use was folded in half a lot or something. :)

Yeah, there's only one with that name on there now. I looked in each firmness category.

ETA I would also expect something new to be more firm than what I had since it wouldn't be broken in. Who knows how long they keep the pillows in rotation and if the one you picked to use was folded in half a lot or something. :)
There’s not a possibility the one I got was anything like the ones at Pop. I used it nightly for 2 years until I finally gave in and bought something more comfortable (Casper).. I kept hoping it would get better but it never did.

I accidentally hook it on vacation with me this summer and quickly realized why I’d given up on it. The one I got was extremely hard and full so just not comfortable for me to sleep with. I don’t remember firmness being an option so it could be I missed that and ordered the wrong one fir me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter