Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So excited for you scrappinginontario! I remember when you had to call off your trip last fall (seems like only yesterday lol!!)

Thank you! Have a fun trip!

Thanks so much @SimplyTink and @SPOERLX3 !! Cancelling our Sept trip less than 24 hours before flying was one of the hardest things I’ve done but we’re so thankful to have this trip in front of us!!

What’s the the solution? Just not go anymore? If it keeps getting busier and prices keep going up I don’t see myself going.
In addition to other things (being treated like a criminal, monetizing fastpass, giving onsite perks to offsite guests) I will be thinking long and hard before I give Disney another dime.

I know 3 families there now. All 3 have commented on how the rudeness of fellow guests has gone up. And they all commended the CMs for their professional handling of rudeness. Their comments were made independently (they are not together) just during normal conversation on their trips. All 3 are WDW veterans, going for decades.

I got a survey when I got home last weekend and one of the questions asked if the behavior of other guests had a negative impact on my trip.

In addition to other things (being treated like a criminal, monetizing fastpass, giving onsite perks to offsite guests) I will be thinking long and hard before I give Disney another dime.
We’re thinking about trying disneyland for the first time this year and I’m interested to see the difference there. Honestly, we did sea world for one day last year and got to ride one roller coaster 10 times in a row! Could’ve kept going but dh started feeling sick. It was right in the afternoon when it should’ve been busy. Hardly anyone in the park.

I got a survey when I got home last weekend and one of the questions asked if the behavior of other guests had a negative impact on my trip.
That’s interesting. Not sure they could do anything about it but still interesting

We’re thinking about trying disneyland for the first time this year and I’m interested to see the difference there. Honestly, we did sea world for one day last year and got to ride one roller coaster 10 times in a row! Could’ve kept going but dh started feeling sick. It was right in the afternoon when it should’ve been busy. Hardly anyone in the park.
If you have issues with the crowds at WDW, avoid DLR like the plague.

At POP since Monday, first time at POP. Refurbished rooms are great. Resort has been quiet. Housekeeping doing a good job keeping everything stocked....coffee, toiletries (my room still has the small bottles). I did get a pad and pen.

Magic Kingdom has been very crowded. No problem getting all shows and attractions at Hollywood Studios done from rope drop to 2:30pm. We did go back one night for fantasmic and star wars fireworks. Rope dropped Epcot for emh and did soaring, test track and space in that hour. Use single rider for test track to save time. Got a last minute fast pass for Navi so did that and ROL one night. Should be able to do everything with FP+ and a plan, but do miss touring the old way.

Haven't run into rude people or cast members but lots of line jumpers who get caught at the 2nd fast pass check on big rides. Mostly families! Some btg's but under adult supervision.

Back to POP......water is drinkable and I have been refrigerating some in a reusable bottle; half gallon milk available in food court, small bottles of liquor as well as wine available in gift shop.

I was looking at the end of September. Is that a bad time?
We went mid-September this year for the very first time. The problem is that DLR- specifically DL itself, not so much DCA as it was built relatively recently and has much wider walkways and was built with large crowds in mind- is just too darn tiny for the amount of people that visit, and is not run as well as WDW from an operations standpoint. I think we probably went during a lower crowd level time and the crowds still made me anxious sometimes. Late September is pretty bad because a lot of local (meaning people can easily drive to the park) schools have fall break during that time, plus it is the height of Halloween season and APs have fewer blockouts. You actually want to go when there's more AP blockouts, as APs clog the parks. It's a very different crowd dynamic than WDW.

We were able to do everything we wanted and more with plenty of downtime, and MaxPass is great, but I had a lot of issues with the place. I don't plan on going back until there's significant new things to see. Unfortunately, other than SWL (which is coming to HS anyway!), there really aren't a ton of additions in the pipeline. I made a thread about my experience if you would like to know probably more detail than you'd want. :)
https://www.disboards.com/threads/j...t-food-ride-reviews-general-comments.3637003/

Also, the DL forum on this very site is an EXCELLENT resource and the people are super friendly.

Okay that’s kind of what the comments I’ve been reading were talking about. Sad to see that other guests are making the experience worse. Why can’t people have common courtesy? Did they say that it seems busier? I’m getting nervous for our stay at the end of February.

I haven't been to Disney in a very long time, but I do travel frequently, and I have found the Golden Rule works very well... If you're kind and courteous, it's rare to get someone that doesn't want to help you. I wouldn't be nervous.

Okay that’s kind of what the comments I’ve been reading were talking about. Sad to see that other guests are making the experience worse. Why can’t people have common courtesy? Did they say that it seems busier? I’m getting nervous for our stay at the end of February.

Don't be nervous. Nobody said their trip was negatively impacted, it was just an observation. All 3 groups booked using the bounce back offer. They all are having a blast.

Got a surprise when I got back to my room. A card and s small mesh bag with four Ghirardelli squares. The card thanked me for being a returning guest and hoped I was enjoying my stay.

I stay at Pop a lot and have never been dusted before. Is this a new thing or something that triggers after a certain number of stays.

Such a simple thing that costs them less than a dollar to do but it made my day.

Got a surprise when I got back to my room. A card and s small mesh bag with four Ghirardelli squares. The card thanked me for being a returning guest and hoped I was enjoying my stay.

I stay at Pop a lot and have never been dusted before. Is this a new thing or something that triggers after a certain number of stays.

Such a simple thing that costs them less than a dollar to do but it made my day.
@HopperFan also received one of these recently!

We’re Disneyland locals and I can tell you that going to Disneyland is not the way to avoid crowds. That park does not hold crowds well at all. We gave up our APs for the first time in about ten years because the crowds just aren’t manageable

I know 3 families there now. All 3 have commented on how the rudeness of fellow guests has gone up. And they all commended the CMs for their professional handling of rudeness. Their comments were made independently (they are not together) just during normal conversation on their trips. All 3 are WDW veterans, going for decades.

Yup, DS2 said "It's too bad the worse part of our experience is other guests." AND the lack of enforcement by Disney on what is coming in the park. HUGE wagons, rolling suitcases, rolling backpacks, rolling coolers, children driving ECV, more non-AP holders in the AP entry line than AP holders (complained in writing on this one) and that doesn't even count the rude behavior.

At Safari FP+ line two women (50's) on ECVs ...... enter the group. The first woman quickly lifts her band, it turns blue, then she guns the ECV flying up the path with no regard for others. The second woman gets caught by CM and tells her she has no FP+. She claims she does and must since her friend up ahead got in. He lets her go. Clearly a scam which they giggled about. It was just one of MANY FP+ scammers attempting to enter lines.

Large groups (tour groups and huge families) stopping and clogging up walkways causing huge jams, EVERYWHERE. Some standing across blocking doorways and entrances to FP+ waiting their turn. It's just not hard to step aside and have your conversation without impeding others.

Constant pushing of guests trying to cut ahead in lines. With Starlord/Groot .. the queue line is futuristic :confused3 lines on the floor. Every time a group went in the family in front of me ran across all the lines trying to be next, the folks in front of them directed them back. And it happened a few times. I guess they thought at some point someone would just let them go. I was in line for a question at FoP FP+ entry and a man walked right up to my side, looked at me, then stepped in front of me and starting talking as my turn started. I just glared at him. I was inline at POP food court to check out, close enough I was next to the station ... a girl walks up with a tray and side steps in front of me - I said something (excuse me?) and she looked at me (I do have one of those faces) and she immediately stepped out and got behind me.

It's sad, it used to be I enjoyed talking with other guests in lines, laughing at cute kids and .... now it's hard to find folks even smiling and enjoying themselves. I feel so bad for CMs, I make an effort to talk to them, say something nice and be a positive in their day which there seems to be a shortage of.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter