Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

If I’m not mistaken, I believe that have been available. They weren’t at first after reopening, but it started back after a bit.

Yes. They had them in bags behind the check-in area at Pago Pago. You might have had to ask for them, but they definitely had them.

Yes. They had them in bags behind the check-in area at Pago Pago. You might have had to ask for them, but they definitely had them.

Ask for them? That stinks. They used to put them over your head when you walked in...

Ask for them? That stinks. They used to put them over your head when you walked in...

Way too close in these times. Especially now that masks are only required on transportation.

I think some people were given them - I asked because the guy at the desk was super helpful most of the time but didn’t realize I was arriving - I think he thought I was storing bags after a stay.

This is what confuses me too. How would the bus service end if the monorail won’t be running to Poly yet? I am one of the ones with a late August Poly stay but never got an email about the monorail closure.

Exactly- unless they expect us to walk over to the TTC. I arrive September 4th and have not received any emails about the lack of monorail.

Hi,

We have a Standard Room (2 queens - 1 daybed) booked for 8/29 to 9/4.

I requested a 3rd floor room in Samoa on the Laval pool side facing the Grand Floridian. Per Tikiman's page this is considered a "Standard Room".

Is Samoa a Standard Room longhouse. Just want to make sure my request is legit.

Samoa is no longer standard. It used to be a few years ago but then all rooms got reclassified.

BTW, there is still a section of old pavers for a decent chunk of the path. I assume they will be replacing this at some point, but TBD of course.

B8AD8E18-29F2-4833-8CF7-3174B6A9BE1E.jpeg

BTW, there is still a section of old pavers for a decent chunk of the path. I assume they will be replacing this at some point, but TBD of course.

View attachment 589794
Bet ours is still there then if my bearings are accurate--our brick was behind the entrance to the Luau seating area, toward the middle of the walkway in the area from your position to the first light. When we last viewed it, the brick was well worn from sand, but we did finally find it.

Samoa is no longer standard. It used to be a few years ago but then all rooms got reclassified.

Thank you. What longhouses should I be looking at for requests? Would like to get something w/ a balcony and definitely an upper floor.

Thank you. What longhouses should I be looking at for requests? Would like to get something w/ a balcony and definitely an upper floor.

Might have missed it above, but what view category do you have booked?

Looking forward to our first stay ever at Poly in August.
Where are the refillable mug stations?

Might have missed it above, but what view category do you have booked?

My reservation says "Polynesian Village Resort"
Room Type: Standard View

It my first time staying at this resort. We've done Yacht Club and Wilderness Lodge in the past; hence why I am clueless about the Poly. They had "Standard" rooms at those two resorts that had lagoon/pool views I was able to get w/ a request.

Rooms with standard views are in Rarotonga, Aotearoa, Fiji, and Niue. I believe that's all of them. I prefer Rarotonga the most, but they all have nice views. Fiji has standard views looking towards the Grand Floridian. I think the other side of the building is pool/marina view. Niue is right beside Samoa, but is only two floors. The bottom floor has a patio and the second floor does not have balconies. If you want a balcony and an upper floor, I would not put in a request for Niue although I do like the location of this longhouse. The other three longhouses only have balconies on the third floors. I always request Rarotonga, third floor. Hope that helps!

They are called the Oasis patios- you call the same number you would call to reserve cabanas at the Grand Floridian but these are just a reserved seating area. I believe there are 3 of them and I paid roughly 75 to reserve one for late august.
Thank You!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter