• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m still torn on the idea. I remember walking instead of waiting for a tram before, but we go when it’s not crowded and we’re always parked fairly close!

We almost always drive to wdw and so have a car with us. We do usually drive to mgm and ak and find the parking/tram very easy. But... if we were to fly (and did once), we would not bother with renting a car. Our kids loved the magical express and the time difference with the buses is just not significant enough for us to justify the hassle of renting a car. Plus, every time we get in our car, it takes away from the feeling of being on vacation!

We almost always drive to wdw and so have a car with us. We do usually drive to mgm and ak and find the parking/tram very easy. But... if we were to fly (and did once), we would not bother with renting a car. Our kids loved the magical express and the time difference with the buses is just not significant enough for us to justify the hassle of renting a car. Plus, every time we get in our car, it takes away from the feeling of being on vacation!

I'm seriously considering going the Minnie Van/UberXL route instead. Doing some planning and such. Then, if the buses are running well, we don't have to spend the money. There is at least one night (if not two) that we'll need alternate transportation due to late dinner plans and transportation possibly not running.

I'm seriously considering going the Minnie Van/UberXL route instead. Doing some planning and such. Then, if the buses are running well, we don't have to spend the money. There is at least one night (if not two) that we'll need alternate transportation due to late dinner plans and transportation possibly not running.
You can't go wrong, either way you will be at wdw!

We are starting to doubt Disney transportation and have reserved a car. If we end up keeping it, what do we need to know about having a car at Poly? I’m assuming we’d monorail or boat to MK, and walk to TTC for monorail for Epcot, and then drive everywhere else.
If you have a PPO at Epcot, plan to drive there as well.

The busses have their negatives too, but all things considered I’d rather deal with the busses than parking myself.

Me too ;)

I just really like not driving at all when I’m the world.

My DH feels the same way.

Has anyone stayed in a Marina/Pool view? If so, which Longhouse did you stay in? How was the room? This will be our first stay at the Poly, and we are so excited :)

It's been awhile since our stay at the Poly, but I just wanted to say I hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Officially 4 weeks from today that I get to walk into the gorgeous Ceremonial House! Can't Wait!

The days will go fast! :yay:

Do you plan on only utilizing the car for AK and HS since you will be on the monorail? For that rental price, you could get six roundtrips in a Minnie Van and they hold six people. The Minnie Vans were extremely convenient when I used them.

I was on property last week and had a weeklong rental for about that price. We decided to just ditch the rental and use Minnie Vans when we needed to get somewhere not accessible by monorail or boat. It was a great move - only cost us $120 in Minnie Van fees (2 of those could have been eliminated too, but we enjoyed the service a lot so we did it). The only confusing thing was figuring out the specific Minnie Van pickup areas at each park (the app, especially, is confusing - it tells you to go to TTC at Magic Kingdom which is NOT correct - the pickup is bus stop 11, right outside the main gates).

It's super easy - don't think twice about it. I far preferred it to having to ride a bus. I'm a big guy with very long legs, so except for one ride, I stuck with Minnie Vans as the front seat of the Traverse vehicles were very comfortable for me (Whereas the one UberXL ride we took had very little leg room in front).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter