Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's new for the 2017 Dining Plan. The quick service will include only a meal and beverage but there will be an extra snack that could be used separate.
In 2017 QS will not come with dessert at all, correct. In 2016 the dessert cannot be divided out and used elsewhere.

SINGLE DIGIT DANCE!!!!!!! :dancer::jumping1:party::cool1: :goofy::donald::mickeyjum

:yay: :yay: :yay:

Hello friends!! Just got back Sunday after an absolutely magical stay at the Poly and WDW! We requested 3rd floor of Aeoteroa and got 2nd floor, 2202. This was on Saturday 8/20 and they said that they had no room to switch that night but could switch us the next day. We briefly considered it but then decided never mind, we were all settled in. Anyhow, the room and building were totally SILENT, great experience! I love that building and would now stay there again knowing how peaceful it was! Our room was very clean and tidy, very happy with mousekeeping, etc. No issues like those PPs, fortunately.

We had a truly magical vacation and I am in SERIOUS post-Disney depression right now!! :( I'm not sure how to help myself because we want to travel other places too, not just Disney, but right now I just feel like going right back there!!! :)

Glad you had a great time and enjoyed the Poly :goodvibes.

Do the first floor rooms in Tulavu have a sliding door? The TPV rooms are right on the water, but it looks like theres a couple of feet between the room and the rope. Is there a slider there or just a window?

I just got back from my first Florida trip which included a wonderful week at The Poly. Just wasted to say thanks for all the advice on here - it was very helpful reading. Requested Samoa 3rd floor and got it - bag porter said we had the best room in the place. Loved staring out at GF. It was annoying that the Monorail service was so erratic as we specifically booked the Poly for the easy Monorail access 17 months ago. However the little boat ride was wonderful and actually became our preferred route to MK.

Slightly disappointed that despite decent tipping we never caught sight of a fabled towel character - and it also seemed a bit of a cheat that the Poly only has films outside every other night when other resorts have them nightly.

The pools close at 11 but it is possible to open the gate by leaning over and unlocking it from the inside and many people (including us)were in the Oasis Pool until well after midnight. Staff did not bat an eyelid. They had removed the towels so we had to drip back to our room.

Following on from an earlier discussion I was talking to a lady at the pool and she said she was a local - and that the resort hotels allow locals (I don't know how "local" is defined) to use the pools if they leave their driving licences at the desk. They were pool skipping around the Lake! She said most locals don't realise they can do this and she thinks they are allowed to do it because then they will recommend the resorts to their families when they visit.

... If you had to do Thanksgiving, Easter week, or wait till next summer what would you do?
Hi! Teacher here also! Sorry to hear about your dad, but I've been in this EXACT situation. We were supposed to head down (staying in Contemporary) for Christmas week 2013. My husband went in the Friday before with two pulmonary embolisms and a clot from ankle to groin (we had unfortunately used a third party to book, but Disney (and Candilyn wherever her awesome self is) took care of EVERYTHING. Hope the same for you guys!

ANYWHO... I rebooked us for Spring Break week (Easter) because that's when I had off. It was fantastic! I wasn't overwhelmed with crowds (as long as you book your meals and fastpasses...). Best of luck!

3 Days until we check in! We only planned this trip about a month ago so very last minute on the FP+ and ADR. I was able to grab a reservation at Chef Mickey's (just opened up last night) for 7:15am on one of our MK days. We did CRT last trip and my daughter loved it. She is 4 our son is 2. I am not super excited about the food but think the kids will like the characters. I was so surprised to find the opening I think I may have overlooked a biggie - How are we going to get there that early??? I know resort monorail should start at 7am (Monday with 9am MK opening) is that enough time? Other options? We have a car but I don't want to drive because then we would have to pick it up later in the day after we've been at the park.

3 Days until we check in! We only planned this trip about a month ago so very last minute on the FP+ and ADR. I was able to grab a reservation at Chef Mickey's (just opened up last night) for 7:15am on one of our MK days. We did CRT last trip and my daughter loved it. She is 4 our son is 2. I am not super excited about the food but think the kids will like the characters. I was so surprised to find the opening I think I may have overlooked a biggie - How are we going to get there that early??? I know resort monorail should start at 7am (Monday with 9am MK opening) is that enough time? Other options? We have a car but I don't want to drive because then we would have to pick it up later in the day after we've been at the park.
If the monorail is running, that's your best bet. You can also boat to MK then walk. It's about a 10 minute walk to CR :)

I just switched from a deluxe studio to a theme park view room at the CR. I hope to stay at the Poly again early next year around February/March. I've always wanted to stay at the CR in a theme park room and I jumped when I saw a room available.

I just got back from my first Florida trip which included a wonderful week at The Poly. Just wasted to say thanks for all the advice on here - it was very helpful reading. Requested Samoa 3rd floor and got it - bag porter said we had the best room in the place. Loved staring out at GF. It was annoying that the Monorail service was so erratic as we specifically booked the Poly for the easy Monorail access 17 months ago. However the little boat ride was wonderful and actually became our preferred route to MK.

Slightly disappointed that despite decent tipping we never caught sight of a fabled towel character - and it also seemed a bit of a cheat that the Poly only has films outside every other night when other resorts have them nightly.

The pools close at 11 but it is possible to open the gate by leaning over and unlocking it from the inside and many people (including us)were in the Oasis Pool until well after midnight. Staff did not bat an eyelid. They had removed the towels so we had to drip back to our room.

Following on from an earlier discussion I was talking to a lady at the pool and she said she was a local - and that the resort hotels allow locals (I don't know how "local" is defined) to use the pools if they leave their driving licences at the desk. They were pool skipping around the Lake! She said most locals don't realise they can do this and she thinks they are allowed to do it because then they will recommend the resorts to their families when they visit.

I'm sorry about the monorail issues, but glad you had a nice time and enjoyed the Poly :wizard:.

Hope you have a great time! :)

I just switched from a deluxe studio to a theme park view room at the CR. I hope to stay at the Poly again early next year around February/March. I've always wanted to stay at the CR in a theme park room and I jumped when I saw a room available.

Congrats on getting a TPV! Have a great time at the CR :wizard:.

Single digit dance time!!!!!

:yay: :yay:

We arrived!!! Requested third floor adjoining rooms and got it. We're third floor aotearoa. Great view of the monorail while I drink my coffee in my...BALCONY.

Glad your requests were met! Enjoy the Poly :goodvibes.

How come when I check in and do my requests that when I go back to the website my requests are gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter