Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is timely, I was just goiing to come on and ask if this was possible. My cousin is a local and wants to come spend one day with us on our trip next month. SHould I email the IPO ahead of time or will just talking about it at check in be enough? Do you have any experience adding a guest to the room for one night (still in capacity of course)? If she cant use the pool we will happily make other plans.

As a pp said, if you add her to your room, she would be a guest and nothing else needs to be done. However, if she will only be there for the day and wants to hang out at the pool, you would need to ask the lifeguards on duty that day. I've never done it, but from what I understand, the lifeguards have the final say as to whether someone is/isn't allowed to be at the pool when not staying there. IPO/CL CMs would be the ones to ask for her to sit/use the lounge for the day (if she's not on the room), but the pool is up to the lifeguards. With all of that said, if adding her your room is an option, that would be the easiest :).

The Kona Kone is a waffle cone filled with ice cream, Mickey sprinkles and plated with M&Ms and cotton candy. I really like cotton candy and vanilla ice cream so it's a special Disney treat for me.

Behold the beauty that is the Kona Kone, (served at Kona Café, of course):

View attachment 187406

And, this is for @pixarmom and anyone heading soon to Poly - don't forget the fork!
View attachment 187407

View attachment 187408

Both of those look sooo good!! I might just have to try those on my next Poly stay :goodvibes.

Last time we ordered Kona cone it was served in a waffle cone bowl with just a small amount of cotton candy but still wonderful!

Last time we ordered Kona cone it was served in a waffle cone bowl with just a small amount of cotton candy but still wonderful!

You are correct! The photo I posted is about 4 years old. When you mentioned the bowl, I looked and found a Disney Food Blog article from 2013 about the "Evolution of the Kona Kone."

I do think the bowl makes more sense, from an eating perspective, but the name's a little off now:rolleyes1

This is timely, I was just goiing to come on and ask if this was possible. My cousin is a local and wants to come spend one day with us on our trip next month. SHould I email the IPO ahead of time or will just talking about it at check in be enough? Do you have any experience adding a guest to the room for one night (still in capacity of course)? If she cant use the pool we will happily make other plans.

From what I had seen, Guest services seemed to be encouraging just getting a day pass as adding the name to the reservation was more complicated for one family. Another time a women just asked and then of course there was the family talking at the pool and they mentioned front desk. The day pass was something that guests services seemed to be giving out as I did not notice it being "approved" at the pool but more so being talked about. One of the people I overheard had local family like you. They were very happy to be there with family. I thought that was nice. I am not a nosy person lol Some of these people were just loud talkers. :tongue: Normally we try to mind our own business, especially at wdw as we have learned it will just leave you frustrated if you people watch too much there. Just something that was right in front of me and multiple times that it caught my attention. The pools were the highlight of our trip. So hope you enjoy!

Last edited:
So excited! We have a very early flight out on Sunday morning and should be all checked in at the Poly for the first time by early afternoon!
I remember when I was 7, (about 1985), we were staying off property, but at the time, the airport shuttles picked up at both the Disney resorts and off-properties, and we were picked up and then headed to pick up guests at the Polynesian. En route, the skies erupted and a torrential storm cooked itself up. When we got to the Poly, my mom oohed and ahhed and said, "Oh my God, it's so beautiful with the rain and the tiki torches, and the palm trees swaying! It looks like something out of South Pacific!" Well, since then, not only has South Pacific become one of my favorite movies/musicals, but I've been dreaming of staying at the Poly, and I'm so excited that the dream is about to come true! I wish my Mom were coming with us! (For the record, she's alive and well, but just doesn't travel much any more. :goodvibes )

Thanks to any and all who have answered any questions! We plan to do a lot of resort time at Poly, spend a lot of time at Trader Sam's and Pineapple Lanai, and then, after a few nights, move to BC, which is our favorite (YC/BC in general) for a long stay. If we really like the Poly, perhaps we'll do a longer stay next summer!

Here's to hoping our room requests were met, a safe flight and a smooth check-in!

Aloha! :flower1:

I apologize because this has probably been asked and answered...do they still give the leis at check in and how does this work if you check in online?

Last edited:
Have a great time, @Scott MC :flower1:

I apologize because this has probably been asked and answered...do they still give the leis at check in and how do this work if you check in online?

Yes. I did online check-in and we went to the front desk upon arrival. I rec'd a text with our room number while at the desk ;)
(our room was ready when we arrived around 11am:D) \
CM gave us our resort info and leis. :cutie:

I think we can all probably agree that a "day pass" from the front desk is an entirely different use case than "pool bandits," no?

Is it ok to agree with you, but still not believe in the practice? :D

We are staying at the Poly this weekend, and a dear friend is staying at POR, and we're meeting for drinks at Trader Sam's on Sunday night. She said, "Oooooh....I'll bring my bathing suit!"

And I shut her down hard (with much love).

Just my personal belief....

Is it ok to agree with you, but still not believe in the practice? :D

We are staying at the Poly this weekend, and a dear friend is staying at POR, and we're meeting for drinks at Trader Sam's on Sunday night. She said, "Oooooh....I'll bring my bathing suit!"

And I shut her down hard (with much love).

Just my personal belief....

Agreed, but if Disney is offering it then that is the official say! I would be nervous to plan on something at the whim of the CMs on duty personally. Its not written anywhere and is at their discretion...

Few questions please: (considering staying at the Poly)

1. How is the TPV view? Worth the extra $$?

2. I know the walk is about 10 minutes to the TTC but do you find yourselves just jumping the monorail at the Poly and transferring over? Or the walk isn't that bad?

3. If we book a TPV room, how far is it from the TTC and main building?

4. Are there any rooms in the main building?

30 DAYS TILL WE GET THERE!!!!!!!!!! :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay: :jumping1::Pinkbounc:banana::banana::dance3::beach:

:cool1::cool1::cool1:

So excited! We have a very early flight out on Sunday morning and should be all checked in at the Poly for the first time by early afternoon!
I remember when I was 7, (about 1985), we were staying off property, but at the time, the airport shuttles picked up at both the Disney resorts and off-properties, and we were picked up and then headed to pick up guests at the Polynesian. En route, the skies erupted and a torrential storm cooked itself up. When we got to the Poly, my mom oohed and ahhed and said, "Oh my God, it's so beautiful with the rain and the tiki torches, and the palm trees swaying! It looks like something out of South Pacific!" Well, since then, not only has South Pacific become one of my favorite movies/musicals, but I've been dreaming of staying at the Poly, and I'm so excited that the dream is about to come true! I wish my Mom were coming with us! (For the record, she's alive and well, but just doesn't travel much any more. :goodvibes )

Thanks to any and all who have answered any questions! We plan to do a lot of resort time at Poly, spend a lot of time at Trader Sam's and Pineapple Lanai, and then, after a few nights, move to BC, which is our favorite (YC/BC in general) for a long stay. If we really like the Poly, perhaps we'll do a longer stay next summer!

Here's to hoping our room requests were met, a safe flight and a smooth check-in!

Aloha! :flower1:

Hope you have a great time and enjoy the Poly :wizard:.

Few questions please: (considering staying at the Poly)

1. How is the TPV view? Worth the extra $$?

2. I know the walk is about 10 minutes to the TTC but do you find yourselves just jumping the monorail at the Poly and transferring over? Or the walk isn't that bad?

3. If we book a TPV room, how far is it from the TTC and main building?

4. Are there any rooms in the main building?

1. Awesome! Only you can decide if it's worth it.

2. Actually you could walk from the room furthest from the TTC and then back in 10 minutes. I'd say the longest walk to the TTC is 5 minutes tops.

3. This should give you an idea. http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/polymap.htm

4. No.

1. Awesome! Only you can decide if it's worth it.

2. Actually you could walk from the room furthest from the TTC and then back in 10 minutes. I'd say the longest walk to the TTC is 5 minutes tops.

3. This should give you an idea. http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/polymap.htm

4. No.

Sorry to ask another question -- are the Hawaii and Moorea houses still TPV (not sure how tall they are and if they clear the bungalows - or the bungalows would block/obstructi the castle view?) Seems both these houses are best situated for all our needs. And is there a way to specifically request these houses vs the Tuvalu? TIA! =)

Have a great time, @Scott MC :flower1:

Thank you! Can't wait!

Sorry to ask another question -- are the Hawaii and Moorea houses still TPV (not sure how tall they are and if they clear the bungalows - or the bungalows would block/obstructi the castle view?) Seems both these houses are best situated for all our needs. And is there a way to specifically request these houses vs the Tuvalu? TIA! =)

Hawaii is Concierge Guests only and Moorea is DVC only. On a regular resort reservation, your choices would be Tuvalu or Aotearoa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter