Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

I've heard the new DVC resort rooms have a beverage chiller that is not cool enough for milk, but what about the regular resort rooms, do those have a fridge that gets cold enough for milk or other perishables?
I have used the fridge/cooler at YC, CR, Pop, and GF for milk. The only time I had a problem was at GF and they exchanged the fridge/cooler when we reported that it just wasn't cooling. I don't buy a huge thing of milk though. Not sure if that would make a difference.

We'll be staying in one of the new VGF Resort rooms in August. They now have a beverage cooler vs a mini fridge, does anyone know if it's possible to request a mini fridge to store medication?

If you made your reservation in the past week, how can you tell if you’re in the new dvc building vs the old?

If you made your reservation in the past week, how can you tell if you’re in the new dvc building vs the old?
The original villa building has deluxe studios, 1-bedroom villas, 2-bedroom villas, and 3-bedroom grand villas.

The newly converted Big Pine Key building only has resort studios.

What room type did you book?

The original villa building has deluxe studios, 1-bedroom villas, 2-bedroom villas, and 3-bedroom grand villas.

The newly converted Big Pine Key building only has resort studios.

What room type did you book?
*Rereads reservation* Resort-.

Oh yeah!

Cabana price? Anyone know the current price for renting pool cabana? Is it still currently an all
day rental only? Thanks

Hey everyone, for those with experience...

When does the Grand Flo Christmas decor go up? I'll be there Nov 8-14th this year. Just curious if we will wake up one morning to a little Christmas Magic?

Hey everyone, for those with experience...

When does the Grand Flo Christmas decor go up? I'll be there Nov 8-14th this year. Just curious if we will wake up one morning to a little Christmas Magic?
You have a good chance of seeing it!!

2021 - tree went up on 11/12
2020 - tree went up on 11/13

The gingerbread house usually goes up prior to the tree. Good luck and enjoy!! 🎄

Cabana price? Anyone know the current price for renting pool cabana? Is it still currently an all
day rental only? Thanks

I’m not sure if the pricing has changed, but it should be the same or similar to what I have listed on Page 1, however, pricing can change seasonally. They are still full day rentals only.

Are all the walls in the main building paper thin? Or did we just have loud neighbors? I could hear every word they said like I was in the room with them. We did a split stay starting at the contemporary and I never heard our neighbors there.

Are all the walls in the main building paper thin? Or did we just have loud neighbors? I could hear every word they said like I was in the room with them. We did a split stay starting at the contemporary and I never heard our neighbors there.
I have heard others complain of this before. I am hoping the renovations fix this!

I have heard others complain of this before. I am hoping the renovations fix this!
I hope so! It was crazy I didn’t even have to try to listen to make out the conversion I was hearing. And I thought it being club level in the main building it would be better built than a normal hotel room but nope.

Also does anyone else find it odd there’s no light over the bath tub in the bathroom? It’s only over the toilet so it’s super dark when taking a shower with the curtain closed

I'm planning a trip for my 50th birthday in September. It is worth paying $100 more a night for outer building TPV over an outer building lagoon view?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter