Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Respectfully... I couldn't disagree more. The rooms are well-appointed and spacious. The food at this resort is incredibly diverse and delicious. Siestas, El Mercado, Rix, Rix Cafe, Three Bridges Villa Del Lago, Maya Grill, Barcelona Lounge, Dahlia Lounge and Toledo have menus to fit a variety of preferences. Most of those weren't even mentioned in the article. The new bridges that connect areas (Casitas, Ranchos, and the Main Building) make movement at this resort very easy and efficient (5 minute walk to anywhere). The Cabanas area is right next to the Tower Building, so less than 5 min walk. The grounds are beautiful and worth the time to walk the exterior of the lake just to take in the landscaping. The pool is one of the very best on property. The Cast Members are terrific and though this may not be exclusive to Coronado, I appreciate the connections I'm able to make with them. I found this article to be incomplete and shallow in its review of this resort. Photos for emphasis.....

Attachments

• 8DoDGYlUTsSiETa7yTD4qg.jpg
    8DoDGYlUTsSiETa7yTD4qg.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 5
  • AkjeQCTsT8yiD1ezkmOMDA.jpg
    AkjeQCTsT8yiD1ezkmOMDA.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 5
  • YIDgNcJwSSaWVi6PumIGsA.jpg
    YIDgNcJwSSaWVi6PumIGsA.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 5
  • MALT2H5oRRa%qR143NVulg.jpg
    MALT2H5oRRa%qR143NVulg.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 5
  • XHYHc0VWTvqRya5HWsbwbA.jpg
    XHYHc0VWTvqRya5HWsbwbA.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 5
  • R+15YPqDTjCCI9jMZXktIw.jpg
    R+15YPqDTjCCI9jMZXktIw.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 5
  • 3N7uzNmLSDSFB9NgaM6etw.jpg
    3N7uzNmLSDSFB9NgaM6etw.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 5
This might be an unpopular post, but recently, the DIS Unlimited team stayed at Coronado and came up with
4 Reasons You Should NOT Stay at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort.

Read the article here.

Watch the show below.

I don’t understand why a travel company would sponsor a podcast that goes negative on a product they are trying to sell. I listened to the episode and their methodology makes no sense. Ignore the Tower like it’s not part of the resort? Isn’t that like reviewing the Riviera but ignoring Topilino’s and the Skyliner access? Clickbait title aside, they had more positives than negatives but I guess that wouldn’t be edgy enough.

I miss John and Kevin on the podcast.

Respectfully... I couldn't disagree more. The rooms are well-appointed and spacious. The food at this resort is incredibly diverse and delicious. Siestas, El Mercado, Rix, Rix Cafe, Three Bridges Villa Del Lago, Maya Grill, Barcelona Lounge, Dahlia Lounge and Toledo have menus to fit a variety of preferences. Most of those weren't even mentioned in the article. The new bridges that connect areas (Casitas, Ranchos, and the Main Building) make movement at this resort very easy and efficient (5 minute walk to anywhere). The Cabanas area is right next to the Tower Building, so less than 5 min walk. The grounds are beautiful and worth the time to walk the exterior of the lake just to take in the landscaping. The pool is one of the very best on property. The Cast Members are terrific and though this may not be exclusive to Coronado, I appreciate the connections I'm able to make with them. I found this article to be incomplete and shallow in its review of this resort. Photos for emphasis.....
Totally agree. Is there maybe not enough margin involved since it’s a a convention resort and doesn’t need outside influence.

It’s been a resort that has garnered a negative reputation. However I’ve stayed there the last two years and have a reservation for 2025. One of the best properties on site in my opinion. Transportation can be a little bit different but I have never found it to be an issue.

We have a standard room booked for 12 nights in July for our first stay here, only visited previously to eat at Dahlia or Toledo. Not sure if I should put in a room request. I wouldn’t mind easy access to refill mugs with soda and a pool not to far away. Any thoughts?

I’m thinking buses will be fine where ever?

Thanks

Does this resort have the refillable mug Coke machines out at the Casitas, Ranchos or Cabanas, similar to what they have at Caribbean Beach? We are staying in the Casitas in October and I am concerned about keeping my 84 year old pretty healthy Mom hydrated.

Does this resort have the refillable mug Coke machines out at the Casitas, Ranchos or Cabanas, similar to what they have at Caribbean Beach? We are staying in the Casitas in October and I am concerned about keeping my 84 year old pretty healthy Mom hydrated.
Other than the main building, the only other machine is at the main pool area.

You can request rooms and they note the account but the casitas and the cabanas are the best for tower proxitmity , if u could get either of those u could just walk over in the morning and grab bus 1 that will be empty for rope drop.
We did the tower last year and the big benefit after a park day is your covered and in air condition to the room vs others that your still outside walking but from a cost perspective, this year we requested cabanas and saved $1000 on our trip which we used to cover hallowen night and some other perks.

The drink refills are in the Tower bar (for water and coffee), mercado for softdrinks & the dig site bar by the arcade.

The casual pools in each of the areas dont have them

We are never in our rooms so really depends on if u think its worth it, the mugs are great if your doing alot of pool days, and eating at the resort but one soda costs so much its a no brainer. The coronado manager actually gave us a free one & another park day after chatting him up a bit. Super nice guy & it was waiting in our room after a park day!

Totally agree. Is there maybe not enough margin involved since it’s a a convention resort and doesn’t need outside influence.

It’s been a resort that has garnered a negative reputation. However I’ve stayed there the last two years and have a reservation for 2025. One of the best properties on site in my opinion. Transportation can be a little bit different but I have never found it to be an issue.
Agreed. The transportation here is a positive, in my opinion.

This might be an unpopular post, but recently, the DIS Unlimited team stayed at Coronado and came up with

Read the article here.

Not to attack or be mean, just have to realize who was making the video. Personally, I find their videos quite boring but thats my opinion. I did watch about half of this video because this is our favorite resort, mainly for the things others complain about. Out of the last 6 or 7 trips, we have stayed at the CSR and have always had a wonderful time. Like everything else, its all subjective, some like, some don't. There is just so much content our there anymore, I think I am getting jaded with it all.

Nope. They are 💯 right. Should NOT stay at CSR, nope, nope, nope.

…brb, gotta check and see if anyone dropped their discounted reservations at this lousy resort…

Agreed. The transportation here is a positive, in my opinion.
Totally agree with that! Going back for our 5th stay at CSR in September and we've stayed in all types of resorts with alternative transportation at this point. Most recent was a split at CR and GF in April and being in a Monorail resort is way overhyped. Unless you plan to go to MK every day of your trip, and only MK, plan on loooong crowded trips to the other parks. CSR is centrally located so your trips to parks on the bus at least seem a lot shorter and you aren't sharing that bus with other resorts making them less crowded in general. You never hear about the bus loop at CBR being long and crowded but in our experience it was a nightmare compared to CSR. Way longer to get around the resort and always full buses, maybe they don't run as many because of the Skyliner, I don't know.

The only resorts I would consider to be on par or better with transportation than CSR are the Epcot resorts. However we had issues with MK buses at both the Dolphin and YC at times, mainly being too crowded and having to wait for the next bus. Minivans or Lyft to the rescue!

Read the article here.

Watch the show below.

Actually, I found this show to be highly entertaining and informative. These, I'll just say, more pessimistic realistic viewpoints at the resorts should be a series (if it isn't already on the docket).

We've never stayed at CSR, but I enjoy the SW architectures/themes. I would consider staying here in the future at the right price point (Fl resident and/or AP discounts).

Actually, I found this show to be highly entertaining and informative. These, I'll just say, more pessimistic realistic viewpoints at the resorts should be a series (if it isn't already on the docket).

We've never stayed at CSR, but I enjoy the SW architectures/themes. I would consider staying here in the future at the right price point (Fl resident and/or AP discounts).
I’ve been taking advantage of their discounts. Disney+, Disney Visa. The trip for next year was the return trip offer (forgetting the name) that they offered after my stay earlier this year.

I’ve been taking advantage of their discounts. Disney+, Disney Visa. The trip for next year was the return trip offer (forgetting the name) that they offered after my stay earlier this year.

My only concern is the potential of over inflated conference driven prices, holisticly..... especially on the food/drink end.

The food is more expensive at CSR, definitely. Compare the breakfast/dinner entrees at El Mercado to the same at other resorts, even deluxe level, and CSR is higher.
There is a specific reason the prices are slightly higher at CRS. They are run by a third party company and not by Disney.

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter