Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Question so normally the walkway allows you to do everything right there and walk directly into the park? We have never stayed at CR before.
Yes. We've never stayed at CR, but have eat at Cali Grill every trip on our MK day. We simply walk. It's a short walk. It has its own one-lane security checkpoint going to MK.

Question so normally the walkway allows you to do everything right there and walk directly into the park? We have never stayed at CR before.
The walkway is probably 3/4 mile and goes in front of BLT and along the bus path to MK. About 25 yards after you cross the street (World Dr) there was a security tent that checked your bags and such. Usually they were much quicker than the MK bag check. After that it is a direct walk to the entrance and you avoid the mass of humanity coming from the buses and ferries. Easy peasy. Hopefully they will reopen the security check point back on the walkway.

Getting back though seems like a 45 minute process, with all those stops on the resort monorail. I have three questions:

1. is that a fair estimate of the average return time from Epcot to Contemporary/BLT?
  2. I keep seeing conflicting information on this: Does WDW routinely run buses from Epcot to the Contemporary?
  3. Can you take a bus from Epcot to MK and walk? Do people? How late do they run those?

45 min seems about right. If you are at closing and are close to the International Gateway, I would think about walking to Boardwalk/Beach Club and taking a bus to MK and then walk to CR/BLT.

I don't remember taking a bus from Epcot to MK unless the Monorail was not operating - which is the case now. I think your only option now is taking the bus.

We find one of the biggest advantages of CR/BLT is being able to walk from MK. We eat dinner at different resorts and it is easy to catch the bus to MK and walk to CR/BLT. Try staying at AKL and eating at Port Orleans and then figuring out how to get back - way more than 45 min!

I like the free transportation but that's a time to call Lyft.

I agree if it is just my family. But we are often there with 2 other families and the kids would rather be together for as long as possible. Plus if it is around park closings, getting/waiting on a Lyft takes more time than riding the bus.

I agree if it is just my family. But we are often there with 2 other families and the kids would rather be together for as long as possible. Plus if it is around park closings, getting/waiting on a Lyft takes more time than riding the bus.
What we have done in cases like that is to take any available transportation going from that resort to a park and then getting any available transportation home from that park. And yes, it can take more than 45 minutes. But sometimes you get lucky :wizard:

Please post when anyone is able to book California Grill or Chef Mickey 😁. I am checking often.
Just booked Cali Grill! On my DD's 13th birthday! This was the reservation I was saddest about losing. It was the only one I had made at 180 days. There won't be fire works, but we always eat at Cali Grill every trip and we ate there on her birthday last year, and to us it just feels celebratory. So, super happy this is reopening!

I noticed that they changed the description of chef Mickey’s and they don’t mention any characters. They aren’t showing the new menu yet, but the main price range reflects the absence of characters. Seems to be in line with liberty tree tavern, etc.

I noticed that they changed the description of chef Mickey’s and they don’t mention any characters. They aren’t showing the new menu yet, but the main price range reflects the absence of characters. Seems to be in line with liberty tree tavern, etc.
Where are you seeing prices for Chef Mickey

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter