Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Staying at WL next week. Received a welcome e-mail from the club today. Much easier than them calling. I'm getting excited.
Whats the best place to catch the fireworks?
Nice. You can watch fireworks from the lounge, possibly your room (if facing that way), or along the water by Geyser Point. Can even walk over to the dock if you wanted. There are some recent videos on YouTube showing some recent offerings (one was just posted 12 days ago - I know because I watched it yesterday!!) ☺️ and I posted some firework pics from Geyser Point HERE from a couple years ago! Please report back on evening apps options! Have fun!

I would start with the CL lounge Balcony if it is not busy in the evening.

For regular MK Fireworks the boat dock where you catch the boat to MK is fine but no soundtrack. The large concrete area between GP and Bay lake has the soundtrack piped in.

Dave
Thanks!

Nice. You can watch fireworks from the lounge, possibly your room (if facing that way), or along the water by Geyser Point. Can even walk over to the dock if you wanted. There are some recent videos on YouTube showing some recent offerings (one was just posted 12 days ago - I know because I watched it yesterday!!) ☺️ and I posted some firework pics from Geyser Point HERE from a couple years ago! Please report back on evening apps options! Have fun!
Thanks, I will report back on the offerings :)

Why would you call every day vs using the online option? It is very easy to use and in many cases you are able to modify your existing reservation or book a new reservation and cancel your existing all online.

Based on your current YC CL reservation, I would stick with it

Dave
We receive a military discount and I can only do this via a phone call and not online.

I have a club level 1 bedroom DVC room at AKV coming up. I know check in is 4PM. Can I go up and have breakfast at the club at 9AM on check in day? A DVC cast member told me I could, but I don't know how I would get up there. Any ideas?
I haven't stayed club for a few years. Last time I did, I had an early tour, so front desk called someone to take me up early, before the tour.
I would like to do that this time too. Should I just go to the front desk and ask them? Should I do online check in first?

I have a club level 1 bedroom DVC room at AKV coming up. I know check in is 4PM. Can I go up and have breakfast at the club at 9AM on check in day? A DVC cast member told me I could, but I don't know how I would get up there. Any ideas?
I haven't stayed club for a few years. Last time I did, I had an early tour, so front desk called someone to take me up early, before the tour.
I would like to do that this time too. Should I just go to the front desk and ask them? Should I do online check in first?
I’d do online check in, and when you arrive that morning, go straight to the elevator and scan your magic band on the designated scan pad. The elevator will take you right up to Club Level. If your band doesn’t work, head to the counter and they will give you access, so your band will allow you upstairs. When you get upstairs, there should be a CM standing just outside the elevators. Let them know you’ve arrived and then you can have breakfast! Enjoy!

I’d do online check in, and when you arrive that morning, go straight to the elevator and scan your magic band on the designated scan pad. The elevator will take you right up to Club Level. If your band doesn’t work, head to the counter and they will give you access, so your band will allow you upstairs. When you get upstairs, there should be a CM standing just outside the elevators. Let them know you’ve arrived and then you can have breakfast! Enjoy!
Thank you. :cutie:

Oh my gosh, the hair 🤢 so glad they are moving you. Hope things are better. 😀
Wanted to update everyone on this. I thought about this, and I called guest services today (I'm home now). I can't emphasize how out of my comfort zone that is, I have never had an issue at WDW that would prompt this. Yadda yadda, I was offered a credit that was about 1/2 the cost of a room night, and I gladly accepted it. I thought that was extremely fair given how wonderful the CMs at the desk and in CL were, and how smoothly everything was dealt with. I feel a lot more positive about that night now.

Now, I need to book my BB for next spring, fingers crossed for BWI! No BB offer for our Nov visit.

AKL at Jambo House has our favorite CL. We love the food options and the view looking out over the lobby, similar to WL is really nice.

AKL at Jambo House has our favorite CL. We love the food options and the view looking out over the lobby, similar to WL is really nice.

Yadda yadda, I was offered a credit that was about 1/2 the cost of a room night, and I gladly accepted it. I thought that was extremely fair given how wonderful the CMs at the desk and in CL were, and how smoothly everything was dealt with. I feel a lot more positive about that night now.
Sounds like Great Guest recovery by Guest Services. Thanks for calling. Disney can only make improvements if customers actually report these types of issues vs just ignoring the problems.

Dave

Ah a very good reason to call. Do you try at different times of the day as inventory is dynamic throughout the day?

Dave
Yes, when I get the chance throughout my work day. We are considering a split stay, just to try out another resort CL...so WL/YC (3 nights/4 nights). If we do this, we can be in WL for extended hours at MK (if they still continue on Wednesdays in late July) and extended hours at Epcot on Mondays, if continued. We have our car which can be helpful in lieu of buses. Thoughts?

If we do this, we can be in WL for extended hours at MK (if they still continue on Wednesdays in late July) and extended hours at Epcot on Mondays, if continued. We have our car which can be helpful in lieu of buses. Thoughts?
Here are the EEH dates for July at this time:
  • Monday, July 1st — EPCOT, 9PM – 11PM
  • Wednesday, July 3rd — Magic Kingdom, 10PM – 12AM
  • Monday, July 8th — EPCOT, 9PM – 11PM
  • Wednesday, July 10th — Magic Kingdom, 10PM – 12AM
  • Monday, July 15th — EPCOT, 9PM – 11PM
  • Wednesday, July 17th — Magic Kingdom, 10PM – 12AM
  • Monday, July 22nd — EPCOT, 9PM – 11PM
  • Wednesday, July 24th — Magic Kingdom, 10PM – 12AM
I would not use a car vs boat / bus in July, just to hot in the massive parking lots.

Staying at the WL the resort launches and/or bus will be much cooler and in almost all cases faster than parking at TTC. For your YC CL stay again no need for a car for Epcot Extended Evening Hours (EEH) as it is a short walk back to the YC from the IG.

Dave

Here are the EEH dates for July at this time:
  • Monday, July 1st — EPCOT, 9PM – 11PM
  • Wednesday, July 3rd — Magic Kingdom, 10PM – 12AM
  • Monday, July 8th — EPCOT, 9PM – 11PM
  • Wednesday, July 10th — Magic Kingdom, 10PM – 12AM
  • Monday, July 15th — EPCOT, 9PM – 11PM
  • Wednesday, July 17th — Magic Kingdom, 10PM – 12AM
  • Monday, July 22nd — EPCOT, 9PM – 11PM
  • Wednesday, July 24th — Magic Kingdom, 10PM – 12AM
I would not use a car vs boat / bus in July, just to hot in the massive parking lots.

Staying at the WL the resort launches and/or bus will be much cooler and in almost all cases faster than parking at TTC. For your YC CL stay again no need for a car for Epcot Extended Evening Hours (EEH) as it is a short walk back to the YC from the IG.

Dave
Thanks for this. We will be there July 30th-August 6, so I hope the above cadence sticks. Any idea on the refurb projects on the WL exterior happening this summer?

Any idea on the refurb projects on the WL exterior happening this summer?
All I know at this time is General Exterior painting, minor repairs to trim and facilities is scheduled. The scope is somewhat is determined by the general flow of the work. Expect some construction sounds to be heard during the hours of 9 - 5.

It could involve Scaffolding work as seen at the BWV and GF resorts if something else pops up.

Dave

I called to change my bounceback dates. Originally I couldn't get any CL but gf. My preference was BW club so I booked a regular room there. Anyway, I feel like I struck gold lol. The only bwi available on the bounceback was cl. Only room available and only 1 of them. Could have got a great rate at wl regular room but bei cl wins every time. Lol

Last edited:
Booked a solo trip for next year, before my AP expires. I was looking at overlapping the first w/e in Feb (which I prefer but couldn’t get) or March, maybe (4-5 nights total, incorporating a Monday night in the hopes that there will be MK AH again on Mondays! I was unable to get a BB for BWI CL (except garden cottages - my CM tried to tell me there were “more garden rooms than resort view CL rooms”, which didn’t sound right!). I also tried to do a TPV GF non-CL, but not available, and also, I’m guessing an AP or other discounted rate would be similar for non-CL, if this year is any indication. I was able to get a CL Tower Club king room, decent savings, but the price is still likely more than I’ll want to pay since I’ll be solo. I’d do it if I could cut off a day, and it would be cheaper if I could fo Feb, so maybe I’ll call again to check…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter