Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I sometimes have that same debate... if CL is worth it for a short trip like that. But on some level it’s a good opportunity to try a different resort/CL combination that you might not otherwise do, even if you don’t necessarily take advantage of all of the offerings. Plus it’s not like you’ve blown the budget on a longer trip if it ends up being something you don’t like.

You mention MK access three times in your thoughts. For short trips, I tend to like CR more than others, but since you’ve BTDT....I’m thinking GF SL. :-)

Happy planning!
Exactly! Can’t go wrong either way. I had myself excited to try SL and with it being unavailable with a discount, I want it more. I’ll keep checking.

Picked CR deluxe garden wing for the time being. It was $700 less than CL and I’m thinking more convenient to the pool. I’ll toast the palm trees for you @trishadono

If it were me, I would do a split stay. Assuming a Saturday to following Sunday stay I would do AKL first for 4 nights and Poly for the next four. Best of both worlds!
ETA I can't speak to the better CL aspect, but being at both would make both littles happy.
When ours were little AKL was our go to. We love the animals, and found the resort to peaceful and nice slower pace when we’re in for the day. We love the restaurants at AKL and it was easy to stay in and enjoy nice wines. We also found the pool to be just right.
Poly is nice too and with those ages, they may love the beach and the swings. The kids play area is fun for them. At AKL you have to make the 7 minute walk to Kidani.
You can’t go wrong with either.
@ADS2508 - do you have the option for a room with bunk beds at AKL? Our only other trip, two years ago, we stayed at the WL because of the bunk beds, and I remember that AKL was the only other resort with them. I have kids who need their own sleeping spaces, too.
I don't feel you can make a bad choice here. If I had to choose, I would say split stay and start at AKL. You can request bunk beds and they'll bring bed rails for the bottom bunk. I would also highly recommend to make one day a resort day, there's so much to do and see. Then switch to poly and make your trip more MK focused. If you don't want to do a split, go Poly. I love, AKL more than the poly (I'm in the vast minority here) but with little ones the convenience of the poly can't be beat. If you are going in August, it will most definitely rain, but highly unlikely it will be all day. Usually around 2pm. Just invest in some ponchos and a rain cover for your stroller and you'll be fine.

I agree. If a split stay is an option, you can experience both resorts/CLs and make both kiddos happy. If a split isn't possible, I would probably opt for the Poly for transportation/convenience with the little ones. With that said, both resorts are great, so as others have posted, you really can't go wrong with either one. Good luck and happy planning :wizard:.
:thumbsup2.

Thank you everyone! I agree that the tranquilness of AKL is amazing. We have stayed there before kids and enjoyed it. I wish that the room had a king bed and bunk beds. That would be perfect, but is a queen is a little tight for my husband and I to share comfortably.

Unfortunately, a split stay is not an option this trip. It takes my daughter a long time to become comfortable in a space and sleep soundly. She would just be getting settled when it would be time to move, and would not work well for her.

We talked a lot about it and decided to stay at the Poly simply because we typically stay in the Epcot resorts and want to try out a monorail resort. It is the one area on property we have not tried. Plus, I found what I feel is a great price for the week that I probably won't find again.

Hey guys,
Im now able to do a 1 night stay at the grand floridian rpc club level or the polynesian club level theme park view.
What would you choose?
From the pictures ive seen, the food at rpc and lounge look better but that poly view looks amazing. Help!

Hey guys,
Im now able to do a 1 night stay at the grand floridian rpc club level or the polynesian club level theme park view.
What would you choose?
From the pictures ive seen, the food at rpc and lounge look better but that poly view looks amazing. Help!

If you’re going to be in the room (or out on the beach) for the MK fireworks, then yes, go for the Poly. Otherwise for the rest of the experience I would pick RPC.

Hey guys,
What would you choose?

Are you going to be 'around' the resort for most of the check-in and check-out day?

Exactly! Can’t go wrong either way. I had myself excited to try SL and with it being unavailable with a discount, I want it more. I’ll keep checking.

Picked CR deluxe garden wing for the time being. It was $700 less than CL and I’m thinking more convenient to the pool. I’ll toast the palm trees for you @trishadono

Above is a video of that room. I had that booked back in 2011. It has a king and a queen sleeper. The bath has a tradional tub/shower and another shower in a separate room with toilet inside the bath area. There are only 3 on a corner. That area has nice views, convenient location to lobby and pool.

I did not get to stay there . There are 3 so if a problem they need to upgrade. Yep our first magical cl upgrade. I've been hooked since.

IMG_3077.JPG
Hey guys,
What would you choose?
I'd pick rpc since you have stayed in Hawaii before.

The 5th floor RPC has amazing views too!

Thank you everyone! I agree that the tranquilness of AKL is amazing. We have stayed there before kids and enjoyed it. I wish that the room had a king bed and bunk beds. That would be perfect, but is a queen is a little tight for my husband and I to share comfortably.

Unfortunately, a split stay is not an option this trip. It takes my daughter a long time to become comfortable in a space and sleep soundly. She would just be getting settled when it would be time to move, and would not work well for her.

We talked a lot about it and decided to stay at the Poly simply because we typically stay in the Epcot resorts and want to try out a monorail resort. It is the one area on property we have not tried. Plus, I found what I feel is a great price for the week that I probably won't find again.

Enjoy your trip! A bunk bed room is not a guarantee at AKL anyway. I think they are limited in CL. When we requested one, we were not given one. I was told if I wanted to switch 2 days into our trip I could, but of course I did not want to. He did tell me he gave me a much better view room instead, and he certaintly did give us a great view!

Above is a video of that room. I had that booked back in 2011. It has a king and a queen sleeper. The bath has a tradional tub/shower and another shower in a separate room with toilet inside the bath area. There are only 3 on a corner. That area has nice views, convenient location to lobby and pool.

I did not get to stay there . There are 3 so if a problem they need to upgrade. Yep our first magical cl upgrade. I've been hooked since.
Ha. Nice upgrade. Talk about a game changer.

Looks amazing! I was a tad bit apprehensive of straying outside the norm, however I’m thinking this is going to be perfect for this under the radar bonus trip. We’ll have a car, parking is right there, can stock up on choice beverages. The pool is super close and we can walk to MK. It’ll be early summer and I’m hoping for late nights at MK.

Hey guys,
What would you choose?
Another vote for RPC. While we’ve never stayed there, I think it would be awesome to try it one night for the experience along. You can always do Poly later.

Still waiting for the internet gods to come up with a sarcasm font. This past Christmas I got my wife the best present ever, the "Official Dictionary of Sarcasm".

The marriage was saved when the other present were tickets to Hamilton in NYC.
OMG, wasn't that AHHH-MAZING!!!
Phantom is still my favorite (sentimental reasons) but HOLY COW, Hamilton blew me away!

I'd love to but my daughter is terrified of the clown pool
I'm with ya Sistah!
Hate the clown pool. I would absolutely LOVE staying at BWI, if only that creepy pool weren't there. I spend far too much time at the pool to really be able to get past that.
But, there are many other fish (resorts) in the sea.

The Poly is amazing, you will love it! Have a great trip :wizard:.

Hey guys,
What would you choose?

Another vote for RPC :).

We just got back from a week-long stay at the Poly, and the club views cannot be beat! We had 1st floor, lagoon facing, and could watch the Electrical Water Pageant from our bed if we wanted to. Highly recommend King Kamehameha!

Glad you had a great time :goodvibes.

Another vote for RPC. I think it would be awesome to try it one night for the experience along. You can always do Poly later.

I agree ;).

We will be staying Poly CL for the first time next month. 2/23 to 2/27. I originally booked there and then got several cases of resort change-itis (Poly to BWI to WL back to Poly) , but this is where we will end up after all. Too late to change or cancel without penalty now. :-) I booked a Garden View CL room and requested 1st or 3rd floor.

Looking forward to some POG juice - have fond memories of that from an Ohana breakfast years ago. Also looking forward to the view.

I have been reading reviews and looking at pictures and thank this thread for alerting me to Josh's page. I had my husband read that one and he is definitely planning to try to eat 20 pounds of macadamia nuts. LOL.

Through all of my changes, I'm pleased to report that I received a call from DSS within a day of my change to let me know of their services.

After this trip, I will have 2 more Deluxe resort club levels to try: Animal Kingdom and Grand Floridian. I've used this thread to help me plan all of our last stays. Thank you all for keeping this thread going!

The DW and I are staying at Wilderness CL for the first time in Nov, how does it compare to Poly CL?

We will be staying Poly CL for the first time next month. 2/23 to 2/27. I originally booked there and then got several cases of resort change-itis (Poly to BWI to WL back to Poly) , but this is where we will end up after all. Too late to change or cancel without penalty now. :-) I booked a Garden View CL room and requested 1st or 3rd floor.

Looking forward to some POG juice - have fond memories of that from an Ohana breakfast years ago. Also looking forward to the view.

I have been reading reviews and looking at pictures and thank this thread for alerting me to Josh's page. I had my husband read that one and he is definitely planning to try to eat 20 pounds of macadamia nuts. LOL.

Through all of my changes, I'm pleased to report that I received a call from DSS within a day of my change to let me know of their services.

After this trip, I will have 2 more Deluxe resort club levels to try: Animal Kingdom and Grand Floridian. I've used this thread to help me plan all of our last stays. Thank you all for keeping this thread going!

Hope you have a great trip and enjoy Poly CL :wizard:.

The DW and I are staying at Wilderness CL for the first time in Nov, how does it compare to Poly CL?

I can't help with a comparison as we haven't stayed Poly CL, but wanted to say I hope you have a great time at WL CL. It's been some years since our WL CL stay, but we loved everything about it. The lounge has recently been redone, but from reports I read, it seems to be the same great CL that we experienced. Enjoy the rest of your planning, hope you have a great trip :).

I know this is totally bonkers and we are taking a chance with it being our arrival day and our flight could be delayed, buses can be late etc..., but I gave my boys (16) the choice of this crazy plan OR just booking our normal FP's for 1 park. They opted for this. I'm basically just looking for feedback on the timing of things. Staying Poly CL and we land at 9:10am.
AK- FOP 12-1
bus to DHS but would also take cab or Minnie van if there was a timing issue
ST- 1:25-2:25 (it wouldn't be the worst thing IF we missed this)
TOT- 2:25-3:25
RNR- 3:00-3:25. (was able to overlap because my Mom won't ride any of these so I booked only 2 regular FP's each with the hopes of adding something at MK for later).
We would most likely walk to EPCOT
Soarin 4-5
TT 5-6
Monorail back to Poly. Then if we have a FP at MK we would head over just for that. I'm hoping to book something for like 7-8. I also reserved HEA viewing as our night choice, but most likely would not go. The MK stop is not a must either so we would see how we felt.

I know this is totally bonkers and we are taking a chance with it being our arrival day and our flight could be delayed, buses can be late etc..., but I gave my boys (16) the choice of this crazy plan OR just booking our normal FP's for 1 park. They opted for this. I'm basically just looking for feedback on the timing of things. Staying Poly CL and we land at 9:10am.
AK- FOP 12-1
RNR- 3:00-3:25. (was able to overlap because my Mom won't ride any of these so I booked only 2 regular FP's each with the hopes of adding something at MK for later).
Soarin 4-5
TT 5-6
Monorail back to Poly. Then if we have a FP at MK we would head over just for that. I'm hoping to book something for like 7-8. I also reserved HEA viewing as our night choice, but most likely would not go. The MK stop is not a must either so we would see how we felt.
4 parks in one day, on your arrival day, with HEA viewing in the evening...I agree that it's bonkers. Not very relaxing, but maybe you are looking for head-spinning excitement. Then it is good.

AK- FOP 12-1
Soarin 4-5
TT 5-6

Yeah, that's my main question....why kill yourself on day 1? I assume that you'll be up very early this morning, if you land @ 910. IMO, it just wouldn't be worth it. However, only you know yourself and your kids so I think it's more up to you and what you can handle. I also don't see any time added in for meals. And I think your park to park timeline is too close together. Also I would flip EP and AK only because you want to be 100% sure that you can ride FOP. You'll probably be okay but what if you're delayed, I just wouldn't take that risk. TT and Soarin are almost always available the day before so if you miss those, they're easy to get back. FOP....not so much

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter