• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Hey guys, so I have a question... are you allowed to bring an ‘adult’ drink down to the lobby at GF from RPC? Just wondering! Thanks!

We've done it and luckily noone stopped us

I used to - on occasion - bring a to-go adult beverage on the monorail with no problems. But since the new security procedures I’ve been stopped twice now by security and told I needed to finish it before coming through. >:(

Heck, we used to bring Lapu Lapus on the monorail!

YMMV!

@GADisneyDad14
That's what coffee cups are for lol.

Oh and a straw.

::yes::::yes::::yes::

I may or may not bring a turvis-type cup just for these purposes. Comes in handy in Epcot too!

I don’t have experience going through MCO without pre-check, so that fact may skew my perception.

I have done precheck the last two years but prior to that, always waited on the regular security line. There is a WORLD of difference.

In the regular line, we would always have just a bit of time left over before boarding. One time it took us nearly an hour to get through security, and this was 3 years ago. With precheck, there are never more than a handful of people in front of us vs the miles long regular line.

Also, ME always seem to pick us up late. They want us to be at the ME stop 15 minutes prior to pickup, but they arrive 10-15 minutes after pickup. It does annoy me having to wait nearly half an hour for the actual pickup. ME also picks up people from quite a few resorts. For example, they may go to BWI, BC, YC and then throw in Caribbean Beach or Coronado Springs. It takes so long, and there is always a problem where they are talking to a passenger and looking at their notes and going to talk to someone else, loading various luggage, etc, etc. So there is A LOT of wasted time in the ME process. They want those buses absolutely full going to the airport and so your trip may be longer than expected. 3 hours starts to feel like not enough time!

I read somewhere that people had been missing flights due to delays at MCO. Not sure where the exact problem is, but I would feel uncomfortable ignoring their advice if I did not have precheck.

If these delays are persistent I am going to consider a private car service. Added to the delays inherent to ME, it is going to make for a looong trip home.

Last edited:
I have done precheck the last two years but prior to that, always waited on the regular security line. There is a WORLD of difference.

In the regular line, we would always have just a bit of time left over before boarding. One time it took us nearly an hour to get through security, and this was 3 years ago. With precheck, there are never more than a handful of people in front of us vs the miles long regular line.

Also, ME always seem to pick us up late. They want us to be at the ME stop 15 minutes prior to pickup, but they arrive 10-15 minutes after pickup. It does annoy me having to wait nearly half an hour for the actual pickup. ME also picks up people from quite a few resorts. For example, they may go to BWI, BC, YC and then throw in Caribbean Beach or Coronado Springs. It takes so long, and there is always a problem where they are talking to a passenger and looking at their notes and going to talk to someone else, loading various luggage, etc, etc. So there is A LOT of wasted time in the ME process. They want those buses absolutely full going to the airport and so your trip may be longer than expected. 3 hours starts to feel like not enough time!

I read somewhere that people had been missing flights due to delays at MCO. Not sure where the exact problem is, but I would feel uncomfortable ignoring their advice if I did not have precheck.

If these delays are persistent I am going to consider a private car service. Added to the delays inherent to ME, it is going to make for a looong trip home.

@Eastern , I started a thread over on the Transportation board about this. Due to yesterday's news about ME pickup four hours prior to departure, as well as negative experiences like yours, I am also going to utilize a private car service. Sadly, we don't have Pre-Check (we aren't frequent travelers), and it's too late for us to get it now as we are a week and a half out from our trip (HURRAY!!!!). I'm super worried our wait at security is going to be crazy! :guilty:

I just made appointments yesterday for my DH and I to get precheck prior to our upcoming trip. Definitely feeling like I made the right choice!

I just made appointments yesterday for my DH and I to get precheck prior to our upcoming trip. Definitely feeling like I made the right choice!
I feel that mine has paid for itself several times over. And I paid for my whole family and they have also gotten good use out of it. Add global entry on for $15 if you are planning any international trips in the next 5 years (as long as you have a convenient processing location).

@Eastern , I started a thread over on the Transportation board about this. Due to yesterday's news about ME pickup four hours prior to departure, as well as negative experiences like yours, I am also going to utilize a private car service. Sadly, we don't have Pre-Check (we aren't frequent travelers), and it's too late for us to get it now as we are a week and a half out from our trip (HURRAY!!!!). I'm super worried our wait at security is going to be crazy! :guilty:
I wouldn't be surprised at a 1 hour wait at security. But the ME process is also a time waster. If you take a private car service you won't have to deal with that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter