Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

We planned on going to Epcot that day, which was why I was thinking BC. We will not have a car. It was just a thought, we were originally staying at BWV in a DS, but then we invited my brother-in-law and his wife to come along (their first time to WDW), which caused us to have to change resorts because it was already a last minute trip and everything is booked up. My husband wanted us to switch to a 2 bedroom so they'd be more comfortable and we'd have our space. I was more than willing to put them on that sofa bed at BWV, since they are staying free anyways and it's only a short 4 night trip. He insisted though so I had to spend way more DVC points and we could only find SSR available. I appreciate your perspective and you might be right about it not being very convenient or worth the extra cost at BC in this situation. I really just thought being at BC CL, there'd be breakfast included, and we could rope drop at Epcot and ride the few rides that we like (we don't usually spend much time there and sometimes we skip Epcot all together on a trip), then could take a mid-day break at SAB, plus have some CL snacks, then we could head to SSR and get ready for MNSSHP that evening.
We did this on our last trip (though we were staying BWI CL anyhow, so not as big of a difference in distance lol.

Persoanlly as long as we're going to be mostly at the resort, we find it a great way to enjoy the day. Bell services will transfer bags, just keep your swim suites with you to enjoy the pool. We often put these in a separate bag and then also leave with bell services with a separate tag. For instance while everyone is still having BF in the lounge, DH brings ALL the bags that we want transfers to the new resort to bell service. Then before we head to the park, I bring the suits and towels to bell services and leave it there to PU when we're done at the park.

BWI has tomato juice? I haven’t seen it anywhere else. Is it out or do you have to ask for it? My husband isn’t supposed have all the sugar in OJ so drinks tomato juice at home. He ends up having Oj on vacation because we’ve never seen tomato. Thanks!
Yes they had it in the little fridge under the Nespresso. It wasn’t there every day but most days.

In theory, it felt like a good doable idea, but in reality, maybe not so much. Plus it's September so you never know about the weather. We may be switching rooms from the first night since it's a cash stay and the rest is DVC points. I called and had it noted in my reservations that it was a continuing stay, but I know it's not guaranteed they'll keep us in the same room, which was why I had this whole idea in the first place. I thought if I might have to switch rooms anyways, maybe we should stay in an Epcot resort the first night. I think we are just going to stay where we are and keep it simple. We do have a couple of WDW first timers with us on this trip so it's probably best not to overwhelm them more than we have to.
Yes, that might be a bit much for first timers,, haha. Hopefully you won't have to move,, thats the pro to SSR, many room options so I hope they can make that happen for you. Have you looked into getting 2 studios? Might save you some points and give you other resort options....just a thought. I would also keep looking everyday at DVC availability if you aren't loving the idea of SSR, it changes constantly so something might open up somewhere else.

We check into Contemporary on Saturday. I got a call from a CM at the hotel this afternoon. Asked if we had any food allergies they need to be aware of, if we had any questions & anything they could help with. Confirmed our room type.. theme park view king standard. Said we’ll be “up on the 14th floor with me”. Of course, I didn’t catch his name, but he was so friendly & upbeat, chatted for several minutes about the weather & our plans for the trip. Told him we’ll be there…. as long as the airlines can get us there. 🤞🏻🙏🏻

so I just changed my BWI Club level to this -

Contemporary Resort View - King - Club Level

we've never stayed at CR but I have always wanted to try their CL because their's and AKL or the only ones we that we haven't been to.

Are there two lounges at CR on two different floors or just one and floor 12 can access it as well as 14? I literally know nothing about it. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Last edited:
Yes, that might be a bit much for first timers,, haha. Hopefully you won't have to move,, thats the pro to SSR, many room options so I hope they can make that happen for you. Have you looked into getting 2 studios? Might save you some points and give you other resort options....just a thought. I would also keep looking everyday at DVC availability if you aren't loving the idea of SSR, it changes constantly so something might open up somewhere else.
I have looked at 2 studios and would probably like that best, but since we are going on Labor Day weekend, nothing has been fully available. We could have done a split stay between SSR and BLT or BR, but DH doesn't like those. I do check multiple times a day for anything new to come up, but I am also having to be point conscious because I had to borrow points already to get the 2 bedroom. I am hoping maybe the closer it gets to the 30 day mark, people will start canceling their reservations if they decide not to go and maybe I will luck out with some more options.

so I just changed my BWI Club level to this -

Contemporary Resort View - King - Club Level

we've never stayed at CR but I have always wanted to try their CL because their's and AKL or the only ones we that we haven't been to.

Are there two lounges at CR on two different floors or just one and floor 12 can access it as well as 14? I literally know nothing about it. :rotfl: :rotfl:

You booked the same room we’ll be in. You’ll be on 14th floor (Tower Club) with a theme park view. There are only 2 of these rooms. Most of the suites are on 14, plus 3 rooms with queens & the 2 king rooms. You can only access the lounge on the floor you’re on, so only 14. The rooms on 12 ( Atrium Club) can only use that lounge. There are pictures posted of the king rooms if you search. I’ll be there Saturday & report back too.

You booked the same room we’ll be in. You’ll be on 14th floor (Tower Club) with a theme park view. There are only 2 of these rooms. Most of the suites are on 14, plus 3 rooms with queens & the 2 king rooms. You can only access the lounge on the floor you’re on, so only 14. The rooms on 12 ( Atrium Club) can only use that lounge. There are pictures posted of the king rooms if you search. I’ll be there Saturday & report back too.

thank you! Can't wait for your report!

Are there two lounges at CR on two different floors or just one and floor 12 can access it as well as 14? I literally know nothing about it.
Just a small update there is no 14th floor. The Tower Club is really on the 13th floor but due to superstition in the building trade the 13th floor is skipped.

The Tower Club floor has massive balconies on both the TPV side and the Bay Lake side. The lounge is smaller and offers fresh sushi and sushi rolls daily otherwise both lounges share the same food.

The Atrium Club floor is open to the A-Frame below and the Tower Club is an enclosed floor that tends to be quieter unless large groups are using the Suites for reception rooms. Often we have felt like the only guests on the entire floor during our stay.

ETA: still learning to spell

Dave

Last edited:
Just a small update there is no 14th floor. The Tower Club is really on the 13th floor but due to supposition in the building trade the 13th floor is skipped.

The Tower Club floor has massive balconies on both the TPV side and the Bay Lake side. The lounge is smaller and offers fresh sushi and sushi rolls daily otherwise both lounges share the same food.

The Atrium Club floor is open to the A-Frame below and the Tower Club is an enclosed floor that tends to be quieter unless large groups are using the Suites for reception rooms. Often we have felt like the only guests on the entire floor during our stay.

Dave
Recently stayed at the Contemporary with access to the Atrium lounge. It was so small with very few tables. We went in one time and there was nowhere to sit so we left and never bothered going back all week. I can't imagine how annoying the Tower Lounge must be if it's even smaller.

I am so excited! I have been stalking the Disney website almost hourly for a week for a club level room at the BWI for my October dates with the Disney+ discount. Finally, this morning I found one! I had to change our dates by one day, but that was no problem. I am one happy lady and my Disney math made sense to my husband!

I am so excited! I have been stalking the Disney website almost hourly for a week for a club level room at the BWI for my October dates with the Disney+ discount. Finally, this morning I found one! I had to change our dates by one day, but that was no problem. I am one happy lady and my Disney math made sense to my husband!
We have stayed at all the deluxe resorts but this is our first time staying club level. We are staying 6 days at BWI CL mid August. I am so excited about it. We originally were going to stay at the GF, which we love but I switched to BWI CL and haven't told my family yet. I am going to surprise them when we get to Florida! I will report back on our experience when we get back!

I see other club levels post the menu in the morning for the day for the lounges. I am not sure if BWI does that? I would like to know the evening offerings to know if we should come back from the parks to have a bite to eat before dinner. Do you know if innkeepers club does this?

Last edited:
I see other club levels post the menu in the morning for the day for the lounges. I am not sure if BWI does that? I would like to know the evening offerings to know if we should come back from the parks to have a bite to eat before dinner. Do you know if innkeepers club does this?
They did not do this when we were just there, but they did tell us what the evening offerings were going to be when we asked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter