• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

It's a lot easier to upgrade a guest to a suite then downgrade a guest from a suite.

I wouldn't be surprised if some inventory is kept open. Last minute booking for a VIP. Some of people you mentioned might be upgraded to a suite based on availability

They have to hold some back at certain times. You know celebrities like Neil Patrick Harris or Whoopi Goldberg who come to do Candlelight Processional are not staying in regular rooms. I can even see them holding something at a few different resorts to give them options. And even overlap days in case someone wants to stay an extra day or 2 with their family.

So yes, easier to hold the rooms now & release them after plans are set.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Disney holds suites back for all the festival bands, singers & celebrity narrators. And there’s pretty much always something going on with festivals & concerts now. You know most of the big name performers are not staying in regular rooms.
But all of the named and 2 BR suites in the main building? Maybe, but…?

There are a few large companies that hold conventions at WDW every year who do book several suites. I’m sure those dates are confirmed at least a few years in advance. So yes, some might be being held for those events too. There was a poster a year or so ago who posted he runs a convention at GF every December. He apparently books a lot of rooms & several suites. There’s another huge convention at Y & B every year & I’m sure they have suites booked too. So there may be lots of suites out of normal inventory before it’s even released.
I was also wondering if some of the “luxury” travel agencies hold them this way? Or maybe I’m just in denial!!

For early November of 2024(!!), I could book the Grand Suite at the GF, but not the Sonora Suite at BWI or Steeplechase at BC.

I have to think a travel agency books them for the year and then offers them to their clients. I really doubt suite demand is that high 18 months out.

I did ask someone who would be in a position to know (not a bus driver!), and they said that for the bands for the festivals, it is up to them to book their own accommodations for their shows and they generally prefer the Waldorf/Ritz/Four Seasons. But maybe Disney does hold some for other reasons.

Sorry, I meant different suites in different hotels. I only mentioned GF because I knew that poster who specified staying there with several suites booked. So in that case, I would bet his suites are held back & not released until his needs are fully met. I don’t know anything about luxury travel agencies but would a travel agency really book multiple suites “just in case”? For thousands of dollars per suite per night? So they book suites at several hotels for all different combinations of dates over the course of the year on speculation? That seems more unlikely to me than that they haven’t all been released, they’re being held by Disney for conventions & their own needs or that others booked them.

Have the GF suites been bookable for the end of this year? I think the regular rooms are bookable very late in the year, indicating Disney anticipates their renos will be done. If they’re not sure about the suites being done, it’s possible they just haven’t released them for booking yet.

Last edited:
It was mine as well! Did you get what you wanted?

I did! I was only worried about Beaches & Cream but it all went very smoothly.

I was afraid everything would be crashing with the 2024 reservations being opened but I just used the app and it was all good.

How’d you do??

RE: suites being unavailable; when i booked my rooms for jan 30-feb 6 and jan 31 - feb 7 at the BWI, there was a 2 BR suite available; i kept the jan 30 deluxe CL and resort view CL and canceled the other 2; ill decide closer based on any discounts released(usually around oct) which of the 2 on jan 30 i will take; i just cant see not getting a nice discount in the lately outrageous priced rooms at wdw; dont get me wrong, i live and breathe disney but i never pay those rates at any hotel. anywhere in the world where i have traveled to and we always go 4-5 star; and i have never paid rack at wdw; already have BWI CL booked with AP discount for sept 26 - oct 3 so we all set for the upcoming months;

a cute story from our last trip may 9-16 which was supposed to be at the BWI deluxe CL but we were moved over to the 1BR villa; anyway we arrived Tuesday afternoon and wed morn our 1 and only DD called to say she was preggers with her own little princess; we were sworn to secrecy but was allowed to tell Mickey only; so we booked a DAS for wed in the MK and were alone in the room with mickey; i approached him and showed him some pictures of DD's wedding when Mickey and Minnie each cut their own style wedding cakes; then i told him that just this morning my princess called to say she was having a princess of her own; i was crying like crazy, DW was crying, handler was crying, and Mickey was extremely emotional and was caressing me seeing the tears of joy; we had plenty of time since nobody else was waiting; then Mickey went over to the handler and asked for a 3X5 index card to write something; ill try and post a couple of pics here from that electronic photopass and the index card which we already had framed and gave to DD and SIL:

Attachments

• 20230510_142457.jpg
    20230510_142457.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 20230510_131112 - Copy.jpg
    20230510_131112 - Copy.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 20230510_130814.jpg
    20230510_130814.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 28
  • Mickeys Caress.jpg
    Mickeys Caress.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 29
  • PH620180918- 3255.jpg
    PH620180918- 3255.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 32
  • PH620180918- 3258.jpg
    PH620180918- 3258.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Sorry, I meant different suites in different hotels. I only mentioned GF because I knew that poster who specified staying there with several suites booked. So in that case, I would bet his suites are held back & not released until his needs are fully met. I don’t know anything about luxury travel agencies but would a travel agency really book multiple suites “just in case”? For thousands of dollars per suite per night? So they book suites at several hotels for all different combinations of dates over the course of the year on speculation? That seems more unlikely to me than that they haven’t all been released, they’re being held by Disney for conventions & their own needs or that others booked them.

Have the GF suites been bookable for the end of this year? I think the regular rooms are bookable very late in the year, indicating Disney anticipates their renos will be done. If they’re not sure about the suites being done, it’s possible they just haven’t released them for booking yet.
Hope you’re right! I did move dates around and never was able to get much in GF main building over any weekend (but per other posts was able to find BWI, CR). We’ll see, just sensitive to wanting to splash out on something amazing at GF bc I had such a special overnight with mom there in early 2022 when she was exhausted caring for my dad at home. I could kinda see some agents laying out package deposits for a bit while they email clients - at 200 per res, you could hold a lot - but it’s entirely possible WDW is holding back…or it’s a convention… or they’re just booked! Don’t mock me :).

Btw, have been watching GF for early Dec, I have RPC booked for 2 weekday nights before moving to a CR suite. We’d rather do GF, but there has been zero main building CL availability on the weekend, suites or otherwise, so tough to know when suites will be back online. As it is, I have BWI held as a backup for a regular room in case RPC isn’t done.

For my June trip, I was originally staying at Riviera in a Tower Suite (small but serviceable room) at rack rate because I LOVE Riviera...ended up doing a split stay at WL CL and CSR CL (Deluxe Suite)....price ended up being comparable. CL makes trips so much easier for me. No need for grocery delivery, etc. How are the Deluxe Suite's at CSR??? They look very nice!

@Richie248 I could live in the Deluxe Suite lol

Last time we stayed I had booked a standard CL room and requested a king bed and same floor as the lounge. When I got the text and saw we were not on the same floor as the lounge I was ready to ask for a room change, until I saw the room.

I love the whole style and set up. There are two bathrooms, one being huge, and gorgeous views of Epcot. Enjoy!!

For my June trip, I was originally staying at Riviera in a Tower Suite (small but serviceable room) at rack rate because I LOVE Riviera...ended up doing a split stay at WL CL and CSR CL (Deluxe Suite)....price ended up being comparable. CL makes trips so much easier for me. No need for grocery delivery, etc. How are the Deluxe Suite's at CSR??? They look very nice!
We stayed in a deluxe suite in Jan, which worked out great. It’s normally just my college-aged DS and me, but my DH was with us on business. Having two bathrooms (one was only a half bath) was great since DS takes longer in the bathroom than the typical teenaged girl - so he still had to shower in the one in the bedroom, as was the fact that there is a sliding door that closes between the living area and the bedroom. My son said the sofa bed was comfy, and since he’s a heavy sleeper (and I’m not), my husband was able to shut the door to the bedroom, make coffee, and work at the desk behind the sofa bed without disturbing me or DS. That might not work for some. We weren’t on the same floor as CL, but that wasn’t a bother like I thought it might be.

And down the rabbit hole I go! Can get a similar rate at Boardwalk (vs. Coronado). Are all the CL rooms renovated at Boardwalk?

I
I did! I was only worried about Beaches & Cream but it all went very smoothly.

I was afraid everything would be crashing with the 2024 reservations being opened but I just used the app and it was all good.

How’d you do??
I was only going for LTT and Roundup Rodeo and had no problems. I wasn’t sure how Roundup Rodeo would be and it was the only restaurant my 7 year old son requested so I’m glad it was easy! I made a reservation for the Boathouse through Open Table.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter