Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Lorenzo asked if we had water bottles for the parks, he brought out 2 bottles for us to fill from their dispenser in the lounge. I loved them! They are plastic.
That's awesome!

Do we need to bring water bottles to fill? We haven't stayed club level in several years, but they had the Dasani bottles with the sodas then.

That's awesome!

Do we need to bring water bottles to fill? We haven't stayed club level in several years, but they had the Dasani bottles with the sodas then.
They have these bottles for the asking. You can bring your own if you want. They no longer have the ones in the fridge

You just gave me a heart attack! 🤣🤣🤣 But I double checked and my confirmation email says "Outer Bldg - Garden Room - Club Level Access" and I received another email with the number to the Disney Signature Services Team. So we should be good, right?

Thanks for letting me know the walk isn't that bad. My parents also have a cottage and use rollators so they'll be using the elevator for sure!
Excellent news. It’s great to get confirmation. Sure wish they’d fix the website. It’s definitely lists them outside CL access section

Is the walk that bad from the Boardwalk Cottages to the Innkeeper's Club lounge? About how many minutes do you think?
I stayed in one of the cottages January 2020, it's rough, especially if your MB decides it doesn't want to open the door to the short cut stairwell (if climbing 4 flights of stairs is a short cut....to then find out your MB doesn't work....). It was never fun, not convenient in the slightest bit, they are completely outside, and if you can't take the stairs you have to catch the elevator up and walk all the way down the long hall to the lounge. Always took me a good 10 minutes to get there with waiting for the elevator.

I was talking with a resort manager when staying at BWV a few weeks ago, and mentioned I stayed at the cottages when she asked if I had stayed at the resort before. She kind of made a sad noise and said "sadly those aren't club level anymore", I said "I wonder why...." and she gave this weird look, then her phone rang (we were waiting on housekeeping to call her back about issues with my room). I'm guess just cost cutting, especially since they're doing daily housekeeping with CL rooms, and those rooms are so much to clean. So maybe one day they'll be CL again, but at this moment they aren't.

You just gave me a heart attack! 🤣🤣🤣 But I double checked and my confirmation email says "Outer Bldg - Garden Room - Club Level Access" and I received another email with the number to the Disney Signature Services Team. So we should be good, right?

Thanks for letting me know the walk isn't that bad. My parents also have a cottage and use rollators so they'll be using the elevator for sure!
I just had to give my friend that works at WDW an email to be like "when are the cottages going back online at CL?" because the manager told me they weren't. But who knows, they still aren't listed as CL in June for booking, but I won't stay in them again because the stairs killed my knees. The up and down, then getting the suitcases up and down, packing and unpacking, it was horrible. So I've only noted that they were available for booking, and was like "never again!" YMMV though

and my friend says "they may be, they may not be, could have changed the day after you went home for all we know. No one knows what's going on anymore" So yeah *thumbs up*, if anyone wants to know if anyone actually knows what the heck is going on anymore.....they don't lol

I stayed in one of the cottages January 2020, it's rough, especially if your MB decides it doesn't want to open the door to the short cut stairwell (if climbing 4 flights of stairs is a short cut....to then find out your MB doesn't work....). It was never fun, not convenient in the slightest bit, they are completely outside, and if you can't take the stairs you have to catch the elevator up and walk all the way down the long hall to the lounge. Always took me a good 10 minutes to get there with waiting for the elevator.

I was talking with a resort manager when staying at BWV a few weeks ago, and mentioned I stayed at the cottages when she asked if I had stayed at the resort before. She kind of made a sad noise and said "sadly those aren't club level anymore", I said "I wonder why...." and she gave this weird look, then her phone rang (we were waiting on housekeeping to call her back about issues with my room). I'm guess just cost cutting, especially since they're doing daily housekeeping with CL rooms, and those rooms are so much to clean. So maybe one day they'll be CL again, but at this moment they aren't.
I do question does a manager at BWV have any idea at all about what the situation is on the Inn side. Villa's have no access to CL and I wouldn't expect them to know ins and outs of how it runs.

I just had to give my friend that works at WDW an email to be like "when are the cottages going back online at CL?" because the manager told me they weren't. But who knows, they still aren't listed as CL in June for booking, but I won't stay in them again because the stairs killed my knees. The up and down, then getting the suitcases up and down, packing and unpacking, it was horrible. So I've only noted that they were available for booking, and was like "never again!" YMMV though

and my friend says "they may be, they may not be, could have changed the day after you went home for all we know. No one knows what's going on anymore" So yeah *thumbs up*, if anyone wants to know if anyone actually knows what the heck is going on anymore.....they don't lol
2022-02-16_11-05-28 Club Level Email.png
This is my confirmation email (I highlighted the Club Level Access part) so unless Disney is straight up lying to me in this email, the cottages have Club Level now. Or at least we do...

A 10 minute walk in the grand scheme of things doesn't bother me that much. Thanks for the heads up though!

View attachment 647913
This is my confirmation email (I highlighted the Club Level Access part) so unless Disney is straight up lying to me in this email, the cottages have Club Level now. Or at least we do...

A 10 minute walk in the grand scheme of things doesn't bother me that much. Thanks for the heads up though!
They are either wrong in your email or wrong on their website.
The info between them does not match.
It's possible yours is a form email that is out of date. It's possible that the website is wrong and the rooms should show as Club Access.
Only thing that is a known fact is one of them is wrong
It's going to take someone actually staying in a cottage and either having access or not, to know.

View attachment 647913

She just called me on her lunch break, calling me about something else but she loves those rooms so we chatted about them for a minute (she came and saw mine when I stayed in it). She said when she looks in one section of the computer it says no CL, then she goes in to a completely different area and it shows it at CL, but as she said "I'm analytics, not IT, so don't ask me why that might be". It stills shows as not CL for my June dates, so I'm hoping that's just an IT mix up and it has now switched over with all the restrictions changing and staffing. *fingers crossed* When I told her a manager told me it wasn't CL she said "remember when that YC manager told you that you weren't allowed to have more than one MB? That the system shuts down when anyone has more than one MB?" lol. From the sound of it they don't even know when it's going to be really busy, people just show up and they're like "why is it so busy?"

It's possible yours is a form email that is out of date. It's possible that the website is wrong and the rooms should show as Club Access.
It's going to take someone actually staying in a cottage and either having access or not, to know.
And that's what my friend said, something IT related is wrong, but hopefully just on the website side and not on their email side because that's unfortunately for those that book those rooms thinking they're getting CL services and then find out they're not. They haven't changed the price of the rooms to reflect no CL, so I surely hope they just have failed to update the website.

We were also told at booking that they were club level so I just called cause y'all are freaking me out and they said it was.
ETA after seeing the other posts: it did take him a few minutes to figure it out though so there is definitely something weird on the IT side.

We were also told at booking that they were club level so I just called cause y'all are freaking me out and they said it was.
ETA after seeing the other posts: it did take him a few minutes to figure it out though so there is definitely something weird on the IT side.
Yeah, my friend said it looked really weird in the computer, super hard to find the info. She thinks when they re-instated CL that they might not have added them in right away, and IT hasn't done the work to properly add them in for the dates where they are properly part of CL again (whenever that is/was), just complete oversite. Of course they've had so much more stuff to do with G+ I'm sure adding rooms back to CL distinction isn't high on their list.

Especially since there aren't that many cottages.

Anyway, sorry to have highjacked the thread!
No hi jack. It is Club Level related. It's been an ongoing question since BWI reopened their CL. They listed them as CL access when it first reopened then removed the notation. Been waiting on confirmation to know which was wrong. I'm glad you straightened it out. We love the cottages, but would never stay in one without CL access. They cost too much

Especially since there aren't that many cottages.

Anyway, sorry to have highjacked the thread!
You're fine! It's important if anyone comes on here going "are the cottages CL? It says they're not!" and then they find all this and go "Oh wow, they've already worked this out"
Edit to add: and now that my friend has seen the issue she’s going to bring it up to someone, so that’s helpful too! If you hadn’t posted, and I hadn’t gone “I need to see what’s up…” and asked her then that wouldn’t have happened either. Big win. Now, they still might not do anything, but you never know lol

Yeah, my friend said it looked really weird in the computer, super hard to find the info. She thinks when they re-instated CL that they might not have added them in right away, and IT hasn't done the work to properly add them in for the dates where they are properly part of CL again (whenever that is/was), just complete oversite. Of course they've had so much more stuff to do with G+ I'm sure adding rooms back to CL distinction isn't high on their list.
It's not just specific dates where it's not listed with CL access. It's not listed on their website with CL access period,
If you go to the website, select Places to Stay, Select Deluxe Resorts, Select Boardwalk Inn, and Room Rates tab, it is not shown with CL access. It's listed under Rooms and Suites, not Rooms and Suites with Club Level Service. This is not a date based list. It's an overview of all their rooms.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/boardwalk-inn/rates-rooms/

You're fine! It's important if anyone comes on here going "are the cottages CL? It says they're not!" and then they find all this and go "Oh wow, they've already worked this out"
Edit to add: and now that my friend has seen the issue she’s going to bring it up to someone, so that’s helpful too! If you hadn’t posted, and I hadn’t gone “I need to see what’s up…” and asked her then that wouldn’t have happened either. Big win. Now, they still might not do anything, but you never know lol
Worse part is only those who are familiar with the resort pre-Covid will even know they should have it. If someone books online they'll never know a thing about them being CL. Even worse if they don't read their email confirmations. Could go the entire time and never go to the CL. Unlikely sure, but possible.

now that my friend has seen the issue she’s going to bring it up to someone, so that’s helpful too! If you hadn’t posted, and I hadn’t gone “I need to see what’s up…” and asked her then that wouldn’t have happened either. Big win. Now, they still might not do anything, but you never know lol

Glad my panic could be of service o_O

We love the cottages, but would never stay in one without CL access. They cost too much

WAY too much. My parents decided to go on a pretty last minute trip and wanted my husband and I to come along. They wanted Boardwalk specifically but this is all she could get. I tried to talk them out of it actually.

She essentially uses me as their travel agent to coordinate and book everything so I guess this is my VERY hefty fee 🤣🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter