Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

SORRY I missed that! Thank you very much!
December, though? :guilty:
We will be there 11/24-12/5! I was hoping it would be completed as well but to be honest we really enjoyed having the buffet last year so if its still there that would be a nice use of our QS credits!
You're very welcome!

Sorry, but yeah.
dansdad, where exactly is the tower they are putting up between Jamaica and Aruba? We were in Aruba 52 last year and loved the location. They were installing the tower behind Jamaica while we were there but is there another one on the beach?

dansdad, where exactly is the tower they are putting up between Jamaica and Aruba? We were in Aruba 52 last year and loved the location. They were installing the tower behind Jamaica while we were there but is there another one on the beach?

The tower between Jamaica and Aruba is exactly between them and just off the walk that goes around the lake near where the Jamaica end of the bridge is. In fact it is exactly on the sidewalk that ran along the "border" between the two villages. I hope this makes sense.

We're coming back! We just stayed in December and loved our first stay at CBR during that time. DW loved it so much, we are coming back for a last minute 2 night stay before our cruise...even without the wonderful GC from our last stay lol. We are coming this May 30th. Even with the construction, it was such a peaceful and beautiful resort.

Quick questions...other than Spyglass Grill, not much has changed since December from the looks of it no? We stayed in a Jamaica corner room, but would be interested in trying Martinique this time, which still seems to house Standard rooms. Is it still a big horseshoe type walk to the big pool/food etc? No direct path still? We walked to Martinique from Jamaica for the buses half of the time so considering requesting there for bus purposes, even though we only have one park day on the docket (midday break people).

Also, we've never booked this late before and was curious how we get magic bands for our short stay? Do we have to order them, or would they be available at the front desk or something when we arrive?

Man that was super fast! Thank you! Do you know if they are still having characters at the pool during the Bash?

Man that was super fast! Thank you! Do you know if they are still having characters at the pool during the Bash?

I was just there last week. I was only at the pool one day, the characters were there on Monday at about 2:30. So during the Dance party - not sure about the Bash, as I wasn't at the pool at all during those times.

Oh also, your magic band question ... I believe if you book inside of the 30 day period, you will get grey magic bands when you check in at the front desk. But not 100% sure on that.

You're welcome. Friends of ours were there 2 weeks ago and there were characters during the bash for the 2 days our friends were at the pool during it. Not sure about the other days.

I talked the husband in to flying out a day early for our 4th of July trip! :dogdance: I did some Disney math :rolleyes1 and it made more sense to fly in a day before our Swan and CSR split stay and use MDE then to pay for transportation from the airport.

So, I got CBR with an AP discount and we are now getting a little bit of CBR time. We still love it even with all of the construction! Hopefully we get Martinique again, love the location.

How strict is the "under 48 inches" for the kids splash area? I have 2 children one will definitely be under 48 inches, one will probably be ~2 inches over. Both have significant special needs and require significant adult assistance in a pool area. My older child is cognitively on par with a younger child and would also find this easier to navigate and far more attractive that the main pool. But I'll need to at least be there to help, and I'm well over 48" I'm 5'8"
Granted it wasn't Disney, but other places have stated to me that the height requirements were in place to keep the area for younger children and seeing my eldest's level of needs it was a non-issue. Parents were excluded when accompanying children who were appropriate for the area. Is this the same case here?

How strict is the "under 48 inches" for the kids splash area? I have 2 children one will definitely be under 48 inches, one will probably be ~2 inches over. Both have significant special needs and require significant adult assistance in a pool area. My older child is cognitively on par with a younger child and would also find this easier to navigate and far more attractive that the main pool. But I'll need to at least be there to help, and I'm well over 48" I'm 5'8"
Granted it wasn't Disney, but other places have stated to me that the height requirements were in place to keep the area for younger children and seeing my eldest's level of needs it was a non-issue. Parents were excluded when accompanying children who were appropriate for the area. Is this the same case here?

In our experience, the only time I've seen them measure a child was when that child was not behaving properly and disturbing the other children.

Could anybody help me decide what area would be best to stay in? We are only staying here for two nights and then off site. Have booked a standard room with a kids bed. Will have a car so won’t be using the buses. Looking to be beside the main pool and also not too far from food options. Many Thanks

Could anybody help me decide what area would be best to stay in? We are only staying here for two nights and then off site. Have booked a standard room with a kids bed. Will have a car so won’t be using the buses. Looking to be beside the main pool and also not too far from food options. Many Thanks

Martinique 24, 25 and 26 are very close to the Main Feature Pool and food tent. But they are very close to 2 construction areas, Centertown and the Riviera Resort Tower.
Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51 are away from any construction yet a very short stroll across the bridge to the Main Feature Pool and the food tent. Maybe 3-4 minute stroll.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter