Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Has anyone had any luck booking anything other than the pirate rooms with the fall room discount? My TA is MIA and I've been trying to modify my reservation to include a room discount but to no avail.

Hi guys, I have a reservation for 8 nights at CBR in September. When we booked, the only availability was pirate rooms, so we went with that because the gift card offer was too tempting. But now, some standard rooms are available, and we like them more. Do you think we can change room without losing the gift card ?
Call reservations and tell them your situation. They will likely have to ask a supervisor about it. The standard room may not be available either. Changing your room type does not change your reservation number so it might not be an issue. However ask for Guest services (reservation agents with more authority and knowledge) to note in your file that your original reservation was prior to the May cutoff day for the gift cards to ensure that you receive them.

Has anyone had any luck booking anything other than the pirate rooms with the fall room discount? My TA is MIA and I've been trying to modify my reservation to include a room discount but to no avail.

I couldn't find a single stretch of days that included anything except for the Pirate Themed Rooms.

I couldn't find a single stretch of days that included anything except for the Pirate Themed Rooms.

That's disheartening, thanks for the confirmation though. Maybe something will open up if I keep my eye on it...

I've been searching for rooms for clients and the only rooms available were the pirate rooms and that's on the travel agent site (sometimes the TA site has more rooms available to them). However, this morning, I did have several standard rooms (as well as others) come up with the new discounts.

Has anyone been able to add free dining to an existing reservation this morning?

I am trying to call but can't get thru. I am booked for Nov. dates with a gift card.

Thank you for the info on the magicbands and split stays...I think it has finally sunk in..lol Im going to decline a set then as we really dont need them

Has anyone been able to add free dining to an existing reservation this morning?

I am trying to call but can't get thru. I am booked for Nov. dates with a gift card.
I heard of people having success online this morning with adding free dining and keeping the gift card. One was with modifying their reservation online and the other was with their TA. It was over on the official free dining watch board, but that board moves pretty quickly.

My TA was able to downgrade me from a preferred room to standard this morning, and add on free dining. When I booked preferred was the only thing available, so I was excited to be able to downgrade.

Yes, my TA added it this morning. Not sure exactly what time, I looked at 7:30 am central time and it was there.

I was able to switch my room only standard room reservation in mid/late September to a fall discount room only standard room. I had to change my dates by one day, and it took a lot of refreshing, but I finally found it. It saved me $400 over 6 nights.

Edit to add: I was just able to switch the dates back to my original dates :)

Last edited:
Call reservations and tell them your situation. They will likely have to ask a supervisor about it. The standard room may not be available either. Changing your room type does not change your reservation number so it might not be an issue. However ask for Guest services (reservation agents with more authority and knowledge) to note in your file that your original reservation was prior to the May cutoff day for the gift cards to ensure that you receive them.

I changed from preferred to water view and kept GC. Then went from 7 nights to 5 and was told keeping GC.
Only question I have is will I get one gift card for total. Or 5 separate cards 75 each

It makes me nervous that some people have had to show their email in order to get the gift cards. We never receive emails from Disney, even though they have our email on file (which we continue to verify). Our TA said that she was assured on the phone that we will get the gift cards, but we have nothing written. We booked bounce back from last fall, for this coming fall.
Hi, we didn't receive an email either for our 11 day stay in May, I was advised in several conversations with Disney that it will be there upon our arrival, but we will see.

Reactions: CJK
does anyone know if they are offering gift cards for stays in December 2017 because of the construction? How about the free dining - would you be able to get both? Thanks.

Hi, we didn't receive an email either for our 11 day stay in May, I was advised in several conversations with Disney that it will be there upon our arrival, but we will see.

What are your dates? I am curious to see what happens with you as we are going late May and have no email. I have the "assurance" of the reservations CM that it will be automatic but that they have no way of actually seeing if the GCs have been attached to a reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter