Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Sorry Y&BC future guest lurking on here but was wondering if anyone knows what this month's movies under the stars are? Gonna be there 10 days and wanted to see what BW was offering. TIA

Just curious...........we are booked at BWI for the end of August. Thinking they wouldn't let me book if not going to be open. Has anyone have a guess as to when that would be. The wait is killing me! What if they don't open????? Will they let me switch ressies????

It does not have a reopening date scheduled. If they don't reopen it then you will be moved to another open resort about 4 weeks before your scheduled arrival date.

Here is the latest update:

March 22, 2021Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
May 30, 2021Disney’s Beach Club Resort
June 6, 2021Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Summer 2021Disney's Polynesian Village Resort

While a reopening date was previously shared for Disney’s BoardWalk Inn, it will remain closed until further notice, as the reopening timeline continues to be reevaluated.

Dave

STANDARD and (formerly Boardwalk) WATER VIEWS

STANDARD VIEW 5306:

View attachment 260856

View attachment 260857
Photos courtesy of Dixie Luvr 98

STANDARD VIEW 4307:

View attachment 260858

View attachment 260859
Photos courtesy of MickeyNicki

BOARDWALK VIEW 3219 over the arcade and next to ESPN:
View attachment 260860
Photo courtesy of Dolce27

BOARDWALK VIEW 3263 second to last on the corner above Flying Fish:

View attachment 260861

View attachment 260863
Photos courtesy of kbeverina

I like the view here.

Seems strange the Disneyworld is still showing No times available and still showing full original menu. It actually says Temporarily unavailable
Didnt they file for Bankruptcy already?

Last edited:
Seems strange the Disneyworld is still showing No times available and still showing full original menu. It actually says Temporarily unavailable

Big River is a restaurant chain that was owned/operated by CraftWorks Holdings, which also owned various other restaurant brands such as Logan’s Roadhouse, Gordon Biersch, etc. CraftWorks filed Chapter 11 on 3/3/20 - which if I’m not mistaken was part of a restructuring plan in the works pre-COVID, and of course COVID decimated things shortly thereafter and they closed all of their restaurants nationally.

SPB Hospitality bought CraftWorks out of bankruptcy in June 2020.

My guess on the Disney website info/menu being behind is due to it being a third-party operated restaurant. That’s no excuse of course, just sometimes tends to happen with the third-party operated facilities.

I thought they didn't take reservations before covid. We only went once and I thought it wasn't very good.

I thought that, pre-COVID, you had to make reservations for Big River on a non-Disney app (I think it was Open Table).

I thought that, pre-COVID, you had to make reservations for Big River on a non-Disney app (I think it was Open Table).

You could also just walk up! That’s why we tried it one particular evening. We were staying at BC and had no dinner reservations for that evening, and could not get one for the restaurant we wanted... so we walked over and were seated immediately!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter