Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

So I've spent the last few hours reading this thread. I was not aware that BWI was not open yet and sadly enough, all the reading and research on BWI that there is no date specified for opening (unlike BC for the end of May). I did this extra research on BWI because I didn't realize everything that isn't opened at BW that seemed to be the highlight from some of the older posts (2014 up to Pre-Covid) like all little mentions of games and jugglers etc. Surray bikes rides and all the different restaurants/bars. I am happy to hear that the Pizza Window and Bakery are open. But sad that there is no real Quick Service location on site for B,L & D. If I missed that, then please update me!
I read about the new slide and very happy that it is now open! Can't comment on the clown vs. new design since I'm sure seeing pictures vs. in person would make a difference.
All in all, I'm thankful for getting a 1 BD Villa and in a location that we can walk to two of the four theme parks PLUS money back....so I'm sure we will have a great time...it IS DISNEY of course! Oh one question I wasn't sure about....do all villas have balconies to sit out on? Thanks for letting me know!

I just booked two villas at BWV for June after seeing the AP discount extended to July. We stayed CL at BWI two years ago and loved it. I'm assuming that CL won't reappear any time soon, so we have a 1 BR villa and a studio reserved. Crossing fingers that this summer works out better than 2020!

So I've spent the last few hours reading this thread. I was not aware that BWI was not open yet and sadly enough, all the reading and research on BWI that there is no date specified for opening (unlike BC for the end of May). I did this extra research on BWI because I didn't realize everything that isn't opened at BW that seemed to be the highlight from some of the older posts (2014 up to Pre-Covid) like all little mentions of games and jugglers etc. Surray bikes rides and all the different restaurants/bars. I am happy to hear that the Pizza Window and Bakery are open. But sad that there is no real Quick Service location on site for B,L & D. If I missed that, then please update me!
I read about the new slide and very happy that it is now open! Can't comment on the clown vs. new design since I'm sure seeing pictures vs. in person would make a difference.
All in all, I'm thankful for getting a 1 BD Villa and in a location that we can walk to two of the four theme parks PLUS money back....so I'm sure we will have a great time...it IS DISNEY of course! Oh one question I wasn't sure about....do all villas have balconies to sit out on? Thanks for letting me know!
Yes, villas have balconies. FYI, You can get sandwiches at the bakery and the pool bar has a small menu of qs food. With a 1BR you get a full kitchen also. You could get breakfast items at the bakery and reheat the next morning.

BWV is about twice the size of BCV so it may feel bigger. The only quick serve location is the BW Bakery and the pizza window and maybe the few places on the boardwalk if they are open. No food court type dining at all. I agree that you should just either shop, bring food from home or use a shopping service and eat in your villa. With the full kitchen (microwave, oven, stove top, full sized refrigerator with freezer), you should be able to prepare a nice breakfast or lunch or even dinner. There will be service for eight in the kitchen cabinets along with pots and pan and various common utensils.

Yes, villas have balconies. FYI, You can get sandwiches at the bakery and the pool bar has a small menu of qs food. With a 1BR you get a full kitchen also. You could get breakfast items at the bakery and reheat the next morning.

Thank you, I didn't know that you can get sandwiches at the bakery as well and that the pool bar has a menu. When I looked online at "dining" for BW the ONLY thing that comes up at open was the Italian Restaurant. So I figured maybe the bakery and pizza place didn't have much in the way of "other food". I love to look at the menus and like when QS is listed but I guess things like Pizza and Bakery didn't make the online cut!

If anyone is there now (or going soon) could you post a pic or two of any menus that are onsite? Thanks!

BWV is about twice the size of BCV so it may feel bigger. The only quick serve location is the BW Bakery and the pizza window and maybe the few places on the boardwalk if they are open. No food court type dining at all. I agree that you should just either shop, bring food from home or use a shopping service and eat in your villa. With the full kitchen (microwave, oven, stove top, full sized refrigerator with freezer), you should be able to prepare a nice breakfast or lunch or even dinner. There will be service for eight in the kitchen cabinets along with pots and pan and various common utensils.

We will be flying there so we can't really bring food with us but I have read alot of different folks who use Garden Grocer and a few other ones. I WAS thinking of ordering a 12 pack of water for DH to use in the mornings for his shake that he brings (powered of course...again due to air travel) from Amazon. Has anyone ever had any issues with getting deliveries like that (oh yes, I read someone did a walmart.com order also on another board) and how far out did you order it so it would be there by the time you arrived? We will be arriving on a Sunday and leaving on a Friday!

Not sure I want to do any cooking since it will be our first real Vacay away but I LOVE the idea of being able to order something and go back to the room to eat knowing we have real plates etc. and if we need be can reheat things and store left overs properly we can!

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it!

Has anyone ever had any issues with getting deliveries like that (oh yes, I read someone did a walmart.com order also on another board) and how far out did you order it so it would be there by the time you arrived?

We were just there in November. I ordered from Amazon Fresh when we were waiting on our flight to Orlando and had it set to arrive at Bell Services for 4-6 PM when we arrived (I assumed we wouldn't have a room until 4 and I was right, we were at Epcot when I got the text our room was ready). No issues what so ever and we did not have to be there to receive it. We ordered bottled drinks and snacks, plus granola bars and muffins for breakfast. I did order fruit and it wasn't the best, but I wasn't expecting the best! I don't cook on vacation but it was convenient to have a mini-fridge and microwave to reheat leftovers, which we seem to always have. My husband ate off the Yak and Yeti noodles more than once, ha!

We ordered a pizza from the pizza window and ate it on the boardwalk one night, so yummy. We also loved the grilled cheese and tomato soup from the Bakery and ate it on our balcony overlooking the water one day for lunch. Huge and big enough for 2 people to share! We did order breakfast one time from the Bakery and it was just ok, nothing special. Had dinner at Trattoria and it was DELICIOUS and we had wonderful service. Our waitress made me fresh brewed sweet tea (something you can barely find at WDW and it made me so happy! It's the little things!) We also LOVED the garlic bread (not on the menu) and pistachio gelato there!

I LOVED our stay at BWV and plan to return any time I can!

Last edited:
Thank you, I didn't know that you can get sandwiches at the bakery as well and that the pool bar has a menu. When I looked online at "dining" for BW the ONLY thing that comes up at open was the Italian Restaurant. So I figured maybe the bakery and pizza place didn't have much in the way of "other food". I love to look at the menus and like when QS is listed but I guess things like Pizza and Bakery didn't make the online cut!

If anyone is there now (or going soon) could you post a pic or two of any menus that are onsite? Thanks!
We just returned and picked up dinner from Boardwalk bakery. I don't have pics but we had grilled cheese and tomato soup, Italian hoagies, Ceasar salad with chicken, and ham and cheese sandwiches. Very good!

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/boardwalk/boardwalk-bakery/menus/

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/boardwalk/pizza-window/menus/

Here are links to their menus. When we were at WDW recently, most of the menus online seemed accurate.

ETA: I also think that Leaping Horse Libations is also open at the pool

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/boardwalk/leaping-horse-libations/menus/

We will be flying there so we can't really bring food with us but I have read alot of different folks who use Garden Grocer and a few other ones. I WAS thinking of ordering a 12 pack of water for DH to use in the mornings for his shake that he brings (powered of course...again due to air travel) from Amazon. Has anyone ever had any issues with getting deliveries like that (oh yes, I read someone did a walmart.com order also on another board) and how far out did you order it so it would be there by the time you arrived? We will be arriving on a Sunday and leaving on a Friday!

Not sure I want to do any cooking since it will be our first real Vacay away but I LOVE the idea of being able to order something and go back to the room to eat knowing we have real plates etc. and if we need be can reheat things and store left overs properly we can!

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it!

I'm also researching grocery delivery services for our upcoming BWV stay. The Resort Grocery Delivery thread's first page hasn't been updated for a couple of years so I had to do a little research on my own. I've compared Walmart, Target/Shipt & tried to look at Publix/Instacart. I could easily price compare Walmart & Target, but without an Instacart account set up, I couldn't see Publix pricing.

Target delivers groceries using Shipt. Shipt has a free 4 week trial which can be canceled at anytime to avoid the $99 annual Shipt membership fee. It allows free delivery for grocery purchases over $35 & can be scheduled same day within a 2 hour window. I'm unsure if I can use my Target Redcard to get more discounts but I seem to be getting the same pricing & bonuses offered on the app.

Walmart uses various delivery services to get your groceries to you & I haven't seen the fees yet, but their pricing is very good for the items I need delivered, but I'm not yet hitting the $35 minimum to have everything delivered.

Instacart does have a lot more coupon codes where you can get 1st delivery fee waived or a discount on your 1st delivery, but it's redeemable in a 1 week window & since we're not traveling until March, I didn't want to activate Instacart until closer to our travel date which means I can't see Publix pricing. I believe their delivery window is within 2 hours & their delivery fee is about $5.99 per order.

I do not have Amazon anything, so I haven't included them in my comparison.

I'm also researching grocery delivery services for our upcoming BWV stay. The Resort Grocery Delivery thread's first page hasn't been updated for a couple of years so I had to do a little research on my own. I've compared Walmart, Target/Shipt & tried to look at Publix/Instacart. I could easily price compare Walmart & Target, but without an Instacart account set up, I couldn't see Publix pricing.

Target delivers groceries using Shipt. Shipt has a free 4 week trial which can be canceled at anytime to avoid the $99 annual Shipt membership fee. It allows free delivery for grocery purchases over $35 & can be scheduled same day within a 2 hour window. I'm unsure if I can use my Target Redcard to get more discounts but I seem to be getting the same pricing & bonuses offered on the app.

Walmart uses various delivery services to get your groceries to you & I haven't seen the fees yet, but their pricing is very good for the items I need delivered, but I'm not yet hitting the $35 minimum to have everything delivered.

Instacart does have a lot more coupon codes where you can get 1st delivery fee waived or a discount on your 1st delivery, but it's redeemable in a 1 week window & since we're not traveling until March, I didn't want to activate Instacart until closer to our travel date which means I can't see Publix pricing. I believe their delivery window is within 2 hours & their delivery fee is about $5.99 per order.

I do not have Amazon anything, so I haven't included them in my comparison.

Thank you so much for sharing your research with me and the rest of the group! I have never done instacart nor the Shipt. In the past we did Amazon ONCE to Disney when I realized the day we arrived that I didn't pack my camera cord & charger. So DH ordered us one of each and we got it the following day at the resort. I have never ordered groceries from them though, so don't know much about it either. I have done a Walmart order for a vacation at Myrtle Beach once and it stated it would take a week to arrive when I did a "run through" so a week before we left I did the online order only to find out it arrived the next day! It was all non-perishables (bottled water and breakfast items) but the hotel called me to let me know it arrived...a week early. So I'm a bit concerned about the arrival day for ANY order and again, what exactly TO order! Guess I need to ask DH first if he wants me to order bottled water for his breakfast shake and maybe some 20oz bottles of soda for lunches/dinner if we grab to go orders and plan on eating back in the room. Thanks again!

The Screen Door General Store on the Boardwalk has bottled water, as well as a basic assortment of groceries and snacks. Some guests will bring their wheeled bag to the store and load it with bottled water and groceries to bring back to their resort. There will be a slightly increased cost for your selections, over Walmart, Target, etc., as there is with everything purchased onsite at WDW, but the convenience and immediacy may be worth it.

Can anyone confirm that the DVC laundry room is open lately? I'm packing assuming it is but I know weird things are closed because of Covid so I thought it was worth checking!

The Screen Door General Store on the Boardwalk has bottled water, as well as a basic assortment of groceries and snacks. Some guests will bring their wheeled bag to the store and load it with bottled water and groceries to bring back to their resort. There will be a slightly increased cost for your selections, over Walmart, Target, etc., as there is with everything purchased onsite at WDW, but the convenience and immediacy may be worth it.
We always walk to the Speedway gas station across the street for water, beer, chips, etc.
It's much cheaper than the General Store and only a few minutes walk.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Planning a family vacation for 2022. Looking for lodging for 9-11 adults, plus 1-2 toddlers. We are looking at Boardwalk's Grand Villa, but realize there are only seven of them. Has anyone had better luck reserving these on a specific day of the week more than others (i.e. is Wed-Sun have a better chance than Sun-Thur)?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter