Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

How is bus service from Boardwalk to Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom? Last time I visited the Boardwalk area (maybe 4 years ago) the bus service seemed to take forever. Has it gotten any better? Are the buses still servicing Beach/Yacht Club and Swan/Dolphin? We are staying in September and are trying to decide on budgeting in money for the Minnie Van service for some of our early morning ADRs.
We left on Friday. Found bus service was great. We never used it to HS (boat was out)
Only shared for AK, never MK
We never waited more than 10 min for any trips. One morning to MK was busy but they'd already called for a second bus. We opted to get on and stand vs wait since we weren't tired.

Though honestly, our ( or any others) bus experience will really be meaningless to yours. Two families there at the same exact time will have very different experiences just reaching the bus stop 5 min apart, if the 2nd family just misses a bus each time.

Buses run every 20 min or so. Are there times that fails? Sure, some exceptions here and there. Same way sometimes buses come 5 min apart. In the end, avg is every 20 min.

Hi! My DH and I are planning our first adult-only trip - staying at BWV 12/2 to 12/8. First time staying in BW area. Celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary and my 50th birthday!!!

If Epcot opens at 9:00am, does the back entrance gate open at 8:00 or 8:30? Wondering because we'd like to use the monorail from Epcot to go to the MK area. Wondering what time we could make a breakfast ADR based on travel time.

Any help or suggestions appreciated :)

Hi! My DH and I are planning our first adult-only trip - staying at BWV 12/2 to 12/8. First time staying in BW area. Celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary and my 50th birthday!!!

If Epcot opens at 9:00am, does the back entrance gate open at 8:00 or 8:30? Wondering because we'd like to use the monorail from Epcot to go to the MK area. Wondering what time we could make a breakfast ADR based on travel time.

Any help or suggestions appreciated :)

The IG to Epcot opens at the same time as the main entrance, so morning EMH would be the only time it would open before 9:00. Besides, walking all the way through Epcot (using a day’s park admission in the process) to the monorail would be a very slow way to get to MK. Taking the bus from BWV to MK for your ADR would be faster. Uber/Lyft/taxi/MinnieVan would be fastest. And the most predictable!

Congratulations on your anniversary and have a wonderful birthday too!

Is it a long way from the Inn side of the resort to the mail pool? Just by looking at the map there doesn't really seem like there's a simple, direct route.

Is it a long way from the Inn side of the resort to the mail pool? Just by looking at the map there doesn't really seem like there's a simple, direct route.

In our opinion, no. We were as far away from Luna Park pool as you can be a couple times, right by ESPN Club, and it was a 3-4 minute walk at the most.

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm the boardwalk cart with burgers and hot dogs does NOT take magic band. I read that somewhere, I think, but going back on this thread several pages I couldn't find it.

Without a foodcourt is there any place with a toaster? Would I need to head over to bc/yc ? Some mornings we have bagels in room but usually toast in the foodcourt

We always stay on the BWV side and I am pretty sure that they have a toaster in the room. I am not sure about the BWI side.

It is not a bad walk. Out the main doors to the green and past the fitness center and you are there

Last edited:
Hello Boardwalkers! First time staying at BWI just after Thanksgiving this year.

I am used to Beach Club where I can sneak out of the last fire exit to walk to and from Epcot, is there a similar exit out of BWI, maybe by ESPN?

Want to avoid walking all the way to the lobby to get out, will have stroller etc for baby :)

Hello Boardwalkers! First time staying at BWI just after Thanksgiving this year.

I am used to Beach Club where I can sneak out of the last fire exit to walk to and from Epcot, is there a similar exit out of BWI, maybe by ESPN?

Want to avoid walking all the way to the lobby to get out, will have stroller etc for baby :)

No, there isn't.

My favorite path is to go to the second floor on the Inn side, cross the short lobby area to the BWV side and take the elevator down or the stairs down that open on the first floor near the Health club and the entrance to the Luna Park feature pool is just round the Leaping Libations bar.
It is not a bad walk. Out the main doors to the green and past the fitness center and you are there
We don't usually use the Village Green on the way to Luna park pool but on the return from the pool to dry off before entering the A/C. We normally cross the Village Green and enter the Inn side through the doors next to the Flying Fish and take the stairs to the 2nd floor or the elevator to the 2nd floor if members of our party have mobility issues. Then we cross the main hallway and take to main elevators to our room that is normally on the 4th or 5th floor.

It takes us 2-3 minutes at a moderate rate.

Dave

My favorite path is to go to the second floor on the Inn side, cross the short lobby area to the BWV side and take the elevator down or the stairs down that open on the first floor near the Health club and the entrance to the Luna Park feature pool is just round the Leaping Libations bar.

We don't usually use the Village Green on the way to Luna park pool but on the return from the pool to dry off before entering the A/C. We normally cross the Village Green and enter the Inn side through the doors next to the Flying Fish and take the stairs to the 2nd floor or the elevator to the 2nd floor if members of our party have mobility issues. Then we cross the main hallway and take to main elevators to our room that is normally on the 4th or 5th floor.

It takes us 2-3 minutes at a moderate rate.

Dave
We did both ways. Honestly didn't find the time or distance to be any difference whatsoever. We just went the same way no matter if we were wet or dry. But yeah, you can change things up and take whichever route you want. It's 6 of one and half dozen of the other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter