• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland the week of Thanksgiving

Queen Quinnella

DIS Veteran
I am thinking of planning a trip to DL the week of Thanksgiving. How are the crowds? Weather? Especially Sun-Wed. Thanks

This past Thanksgiving week, the crowds were do-able, the weather in the upper 70's to 80's and lots and lots of fun! It really was crowded, but we knew it would be, so got to the parks at opening, took an afternoon break and stayed late. We were there Sat-Wednesday. From what I heard the worst crowds are Thursday-Sunday, so we left before that.

I've been there once over Thanksgiving weekend and the crowds were really bad. I wouldn't recommend going, but if that's the best time for you then realize that the crowds are going to be bad and find ways to work with it. It is possible to do Disneyland and enjoy it even with holiday crowds.

ReneeB said:
I've been there once over Thanksgiving weekend and the crowds were really bad. I wouldn't recommend going, but if that's the best time for you then realize that the crowds are going to be bad and find ways to work with it. It is possible to do Disneyland and enjoy it even with holiday crowds.

We would be there Sat-Thur (leave Thanksgiving Day). So would the crowds be "lighter" on those days or pretty much packed all week?

Also, when does the 50th Celebration end?

We were there the Friday after Thanksgiving last year. We'd never do it again. Massive crowds. Miserable.

We were there the wed thru sunday and it was packed. If you leave before Thankgiving, you should be okay but Thanksgiving and the Friday after were so full they closed DL! We usually go early and then take a break in the pm and then back again but we DID NOT leave the park on those day for fear of not getting back in!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter